Qatar Airways / excessive fee for extra baggage
On my departure from Larnaca Airport in Cyprus I got to the check-in counter to have my luggage weighed, the check-in hostess asked me If I had any additional luggage and I said that I had a small cabin size luggage bag extra, she then weighed the bag at 5kg. I was then informed that the cost of 5kg is 475 euros. Considering that is almost half the price of the flight, I thought that was absolutely ridiculous. I was prepared to pay a fair amount, but that is not a fair amount.
I argued the point with her but in the end was forced to pay the charge as I did not want to miss my connecting flight from Doha to Sydney. This is the first time we have flown with Qatar and we are extremely disappointed at how we were treated and will choose an alternate airline in future.
More Qatar Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Qatar Airways - an awful experience travelling with infant 
- Qatar Airways Group U.K - qatar airways group u. k. 
- Qatar Airways - lost baggage 
- Qatar Airways - cabin crew photos 
- Qatar Airways - I won 800000 pounds 
- Qatar Airways - first class disaster 
- Qatar Airlines - seat booking incompetence and poor customer service 
- Qatar Airways - I haven't got my luggage
- Qatar Airways - no information about delayed flight and unable to attend family function
- Qatar Airways - racist service