Qatar Airways / incompetent qr ground staff

1 Qatar Review updated:

Distressful trip with Qatar Airways: Lack of care when my Laptop was left on flight.

As I got off the bus and entered DOH terminal after disembarking from a QR flight, I realized that I forgot my laptop which I had placed in the overhead compartment. I immediately notified a ground agent who asked that I proceed to the Transfer Desk and report it which I did right away. There I was informed that all they can do is call Lost & Found and wait for them to receive a laptop. I explained to them that the laptop is in the compartment above my seat and I just disembarked 10 minutes ago. If they would please radio air side and ask an agent to bring it. The agent refused and said that they can only wait for Lost & Found and I should come back in an hour before my connecting flight to LHR!!! I spoke to two other agents and both declined to do more. Right before boarding my LHR flight, they told me no laptop was found!! I reiterated to them that the laptop may not be easily viewable since it is thin and slid down into the compartment and if not checked properly, it may simply go out on the aircraft's next flight. My repeated requests went all in vain and I was told to file a report in LHR and get a tracking number to follow up. Obviously upon arriving at LHR, I was told since it was not checked luggage, I couldn't file anything!

It amazes me how much Qatar Airways spends on advertising an image of a 5 star airline, yet it doesn't train or hire trained employees that are of high caliber... Their ground staff are a bunch of incompetent brainless robots that couldn't figure out the ease of getting my laptop if they were proactive and acted quickly!

I know it was my fault to have left my laptop on board but I can't seem to understand why Ground Staff didn't want to contact anyone other than Lost & Found. Was proper procedure followed? Shouldn't they have immediately contacted air side and asked an agent to check my seat and bring my laptop? Critical time was lost causing the loss of my laptop which is a major problem for me.

It seemed to me that the agents deemed my laptop as lost from the minute I reported it or they wished it so for some reason! As far as Qatar Airways is concerned, a passenger is a nuisance; Unfortunately, no kind-hearted employee was willing to go beyond their presumed call of duty. Qatar Airways is not even a One star airline, its a worthless airline

Lo

Comments

• Pa
      12th of Dec, 2010

Hi I too had a very similar experience with Britsh Airways when I left a small bag on the arm of my seat. When we disembarked the 'cleaning crew' were set on their marks to board - it really looked like a free for all as to who could get on the aircraft first - (for the best pickings of what had been left by passengers I should imagine!) Needless to say my bag with new designer sunglasses, £200 cash and credit cards never showed up! This was also despite me reporting it immediately to staff AND security personel immediately upon arriving at the terminal - hey ho!