PurePlay.com / do not give them your credit card number

I cannot describe how angry and frustrated I am. I have been doing freerolls on pureplay for about a year. About 6 months ago my son spent $1. on the sight to give me extra play money chips. I am 73 years old on a small fixed social security income, so I do not spend money on chips when I am a decent player and can keep winning them whenever I play. Last week I got an email notification saying that I had just spent $100. to purchase 800, 000 chips which did enter my account. I did not order those play money chips, which I did not need, nor could I afford at that outrageous price, but they used the credit card my son used to purchase the $1. worth of chips 6 months ago. I do not live with my son and do not have access to his credit card, and he absolutely did not make that $100. purchase last week on my behalf. So that means that pureplay must have stored my son's credit card number, and obviously in a not so secure area, because someone either from pureplay, or just a hacker, had access to it. They did put all 800, 000 chips in my account, however, according to them, I have been using those chips (which I have not done), so that is the reason they gave for refusing to refund my son's credit card for the unauthorized purchase and taking back the unordered chips. The problem is that all 800, 000 chips are still in there. They refuse to acknowledge that either a gross error was made on their part, or that someone may have hacked into my account (even though it doesn't really look that way because the chips are still there), and they refuse to credit back my son's credit card because he never authorized that purchase, especially for the outrageous amount of $100. You would think that they would be concerned that they had used a credit card that was illegally stored in their database without the permission of the third party cardholder who is now in a state of shock because he is out $100. They have as much as told me that they don't care, because they say they have all the proof on their side that they did nothing wrong. If they do have the "proof", they must have manufactured it because it is not based on reality. They don't care that I have explained to them that I am 73, under the care of a cardiologist, and this situation has caused me so much stress that I might have another attack. All I can say is, DO NOT USE PUREPLAY, and if you do DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!

Es

Comments

• Rk
      13th of Aug, 2010
    PurePlay
    8487 Rabbit Ln.
    Pampa
    Texas
    Phone: 8066652537

I was playing for 3 months, paying month to month.When I decided this site was a scam, I stopped playing for real. They charged my account anyway. Like it was there card. What can I do about this? Thank You Janiece Bowers

• La
      21st of Feb, 2012
    pureplay.com
    Hickory
    North Carolina
    pureplay.com

This company keeps taking money out if my account said one dollar for 30 days its been 6 days and $55.00 later I'm pissed to say the least and u cannot get anyone on the phone to cancel or even see what the hell is goingbon took another 15.00 this morning and I haven't even been on the site WTF?????

11th of Jun, 2012

ya i always get booted til the games are over then all of a sudden it works once i can't play anymore pisses me and my gf off big time

• Je
      1st of Nov, 2013
    Beetzip/pureplay

They took 24.99 from me twice on accounts i did not authorize them to take money from. When they were contacted they said they received no payments from me or my card. Yet my bank said they did and now they do not want to give me my money back. They are a fraudulent company who prays on gamer's and takes advantage of them.

• So
      12th of Dec, 2016

I won A tournament early september 2016 and the first prize was $300.00 It is Dec 10 2016 and still yet to be paid my prize.I have e mailed them 5 times and they kept on saying the cheque was send and after they are not responsible if the cheque is lost in the mail.They also state that they they do not have anyway of tracking the cheque and after 1 month the prize is voided.I have contacted them before the month was over regarding cutting another cheque but I did not get a feed back until another month. I have kept all the copies of the e mails and contemplating the next step to stop this from happening to another person.