Pureplay Pokerseems to be a swindle

T

I joined Pureplay a few years ago, and had some modest luck, being a basic account. But over the last several months, I haven't heard from them whatsoever when I used to hear from them regularly concerning my stats, etc. Recently I won a $500 Qualifier game, but didn't hear a word from them as to when I should register for the next game.
After ascertaining that multiple accounts were not prohibited, I set up another basic account and they have proven very friendly, letting me know my game stats and my standings in the games I have played.
They ignore my initial account and cozy up to my second account.
I can't say for certain that it is my broadband connection, but with my first account, the deal of the cards and the actions of the play slows down radically when I have been in the game for longer than 45 minutes, but with my second account, there is no similar problem.
I know that there is no predicting the shuffle of the cards, but too often there are pairs dealt to the table much more often than one can reasonably expect, in my opinion, even when it is a computer doing the shuffle and the deal.
It would seem that they prefer paying players and disdain those of us who only want to play for fun and maybe try for a small prize, which in itself is kind of ridiculous when there are 500 players trying for a mere $10.00

• Jf
    jfrey May 08, 2016

You will either pay them their monthly little deal or the game becomes unplayable even with a super fast connection (which I have). There is not a single on-line site that has legitimate software or that will pay out (including WPT now Chinese owned). It is simply too easy to scam...way easier than running the partner deal in a casino.Do some checking on your own...but a start below.

• Po
    pokeyain Mar 17, 2016

I was told I had to submit identification to make sure it was me receiving the prizes i won which i did. Now they have been telling me it is still under review after 4 weeks at least and they owe me 6 prizes for a total of 240.00 and no where in sight. I also won lots before this about 2000.00 and a lifetime. I don't understand how come it takes so long. Good luck to all. If I hear back from them I will certainly repost. pokeyain

• Ou
    Outhouse1 May 16, 2015

Been playing on PP for about 6 months as a non pay player. Well, I have won and busted on AA KK 22 33 66 just about all pairs. No more or no less than playing in Vegas and the boats in Shreveport. Playing on line is not the same as sitting at a real table by no means. But it is entertaining. Heck, I've had two royal flushes! That has never happened at the casinos. I had an issue of being kicked off and slow connection. I enquired to PP and got a quick response from a lady who suggested I make some adjustments in my internet settings. That resolved most of my issues. Most people do not understand the complexity of the internet. They think, connect, sign in...play games, google something or check email. That simple! Well it is not...if curious, check out this connection and get informed.

As far as Pure Play, I am very pleased. It is for entertainment. If you wish to gamble for big bucks, go to a casino.

• Le
    lexington lennie May 24, 2014

Been a member for a number of yrs 'lenniem' is my call name. There seems to be a number of people that think it is rigged or otherwise tainted. I respectfully disagree. There are instances where donk play is rewarded, but it happens on WSOP as well as NLOP. Even bad play hits occasionally.

Their pay system is efficient and never once have I had to go back and ask. They do ask for identification verification under certain circumstances but that notwithstanding, a week to 10 days after a claim has been submitted a check arrives in the mail. I have one over 2600 dollars in cash a free membership for a year as well as their lifetime, so I will not be going anywhere.

I do utilize other online poker sites as well, and have found Pure Play to be the fairest of the lot. Once you dodge, weave, and survive the initial donk onslaught the card playing is good, It is still a matter of reading your opponent and making the wisest bet possible.

PurePlay also has a stable site. Very few technical issues. I can count on one hand haw many times I have lost the site because of internal failure. Of course maintenance on the site happens a couple time a yr but generally a few hrs is the norm there .

Overall I have to rate PurePlay very high

• Ro
    roofer911 Jan 14, 2013

its is a scam plain and simple..dont waste ur money..

• Tr
    truckrider123 Oct 21, 2012

I wish they would mix up the cards a little better. Always a pair on the flop that turns into a possible flush, come the turn. I have learned pretty much which cards will or will not work for me, but those same cards seem to work for someone else. I just play to while away some time. If I want to win some real money, I just head for the local casino. It's much more satisfying to get the cash handed to me than to wait for it through the mail or however. My rule of thumb here is to not take it so seriously. I don't and won't play for real money online, as the Web becomes more and more tangled.

• Mr
    mrgq54 Oct 19, 2012

This company owes me $110 and will not answer none of my e-mails. They have no phone number you call now I can see why no number. They are stealing your as well as mine.

• Ha
    hardrockstar Aug 18, 2012

I am amazed at people complaining here. No one has done any statistical analysis. It seems like they looked at the chart that shows AA as having a high probability of being a winner and can't believe when it doesn't work out for them. Random means anything can happen including patterns that stray from the probable for long stretches. When I play poker I expect the unexpected. The other thing is; what motive could pureplay have in rewarding one player over another? Most tourneys are populated with free players only or membership players only. Even if they were mixed, who would you favor the ones that have already joined or the ones you want to join? I admit I have seen some freaky coincidences from time to time but nothing that would convince me of rigging. More like an overworked server.

• Ey
    eyeguy715 Jul 14, 2012

I've played pureplay for 2 months. After seeing an over abundance of flopped and running flushes, I wrote to pureplay. They assured me that their RNG was just that, random! After searching online, I wonder now if my complaints garnered a plethora of 2/7, 3/9 offsuit hands? I can't sustantiate this b/c I have no statistics, merely a feel. And don't think PP completely has their heads in the sand b/c a lot of the sites you find alluding to PP's ripoff, are operated by PP. I'm fairly certain they will be reading this along with other comments about them and maybe I'll never again win $10 by finishing first among 276 players!!!

• Lo
    louisianaratman May 09, 2012

I agree 100%...this is a scamming poker site and don't go all in with AA or KK because you will get beat 95% of the time...The most ridiculous card generator on the internet...play for free and try to have fun but DON'T!!! pay to join because like the few others have explained you might as well click your heels and wish you were back in Kansas because this is strictly a "LOTTO POKER SITE"!!!

• Pp
    PP_is_not_real_poker Apr 28, 2012

There is truth to what the posters above have said. Yes, you can win money. Yes, pocket pairs can win but usually do not. Yes, PP is geared toward beginners and donks and usually rewards stupid play. Yes, PurePlay seems to have a preponderance of faces and aces in the 23 cards on the table. Without actual statistics to back this up, I'd suggest you just watch for awhile and see for yourself.

I call it PP Pinochle because the PP deck is NOT random and contains a preponderence of pinochle cards (a pinochle deck has only 9 through Ace) and this is what you will see in a majority of the hands. Certainly a much higher incidence than the odds would suggest. If you want to win anything at PurePlay, you have to forget playing "real" poker and play "PurePlay" instead. This is NOT real poker by any stretch of the imagination.

If you watch for any length of time, you will see people going all-in with an ace and, more often than not, they will win. Long-time players call this 'all-indiot specials' or 'PP specials'. The random number generator (a contradiction in terms when it comes to PurePlay) seems geared to rewarding preflop all-ins no matter what the hand the player may have. Of course, this does not happen all the time because even the stupidest player would catch on eventually but it does happen MUCH more often than common sense or poker odds would suggest.

Personally, I have won $660 and one free year in the three years or so that I have been playing and have recouped my payments.

The concept of PurePlay is good but the execution is not. As long as you play with this in mind, you can have some fun and you can even win a little money. But, once again, it is NOT real poker so throw your experience and your books away. Resign yourself to playing 'PurePlay' instead of poker and you might be okay.

• Id
    I don`t Know???? Mar 24, 2012

only payed for one month at Pureplay about three years ago. 1st month I won a free year Second month I won a free year, before the first year was up I won a Lifetime membership took second in a weekly 5000. have won over 1200 dollers plus the membership. have had my AA and KK busted but have won with them a lot to. Ive found the best play for me at PP, is to play texas Fold em. If you have good cards and you get put all in by a begining donk . your best bet is to fold to the donks they are vary lucky. To win at PP you have to make your way thru the beggining Donks. If you can get there thats when the real game starts against good players that understand poker and dont make to many donkey calls. I never get contacted by them but thats OK . PP a Scam IM not so sure, All I know is my experence with them I play every day and Im still winning my share. I dont Know, , alls I can say is PPs... sure been good to me...

• Ca
    caponeseals Feb 07, 2012

I agree with all that I have heard pureplay is a scam I never win when I'm dealt pocket Ace's or KK its a true scam everytime I'm about to win a pot I get beat on the river I mean it happened to me 7 times in a row now thats not even realistic to get beat on the river 7 hands in a row and then they have the free chip scam they want you to fill out surveys and auto-quotes for free chips and you never get em all they do is start sending a bunch of junk mail somebody should do something about this scam.

• He
    Herritage66 Mar 15, 2009

Have been billed twice for PUREPLAY @ 19.99 each and have not receved the upgrade. THIS SSITE IS A ROYAL RIPP OFF>>>>>>

• Dr
    drdenny2990 Mar 03, 2009

non approved credit card charges