Pure Acai Berry / Fraudulent Charges and Undigestible ingredients

1 Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-503-well

This company fraudulently charges your credit card. I signed up on the 27th of January. I received the Pure Acai Berry (have not received total cleanse yet) and I called to cancel my account. The first person I spoke to said I could not cancel until the 10th of Feb.?? By then the trial period would be over. While I was on the phone with them they pinged my Credit card account with TWO $1.00 charges. I used a credit card that did not have much money on it..or I'd probably be complaining about the 80 dollar charges as other are.
I called back again to ask why they pinged my account and that I wanted to CANCEL. They gave me some BS confirmation number. It is my order number with an RM in front of it...and said I have to mail the product back. I just opened it and what about the 14 day trial?? So I pay money and can't use it and have to pay to ship it back? I don't think so. Then they send you a 30 day supply instead of the 14 day supply because they try to HOOK you in. You can only take 14 days worth and if you don't want it you have to PAY to send the remainder back! When I was on the phone he was trying to get me to commit to only having to pay 20 dollars a bottle! This is what my charge card statement looks like as of yesterday.

Ok, I just pulled my online Credit card account again. The pending I had earlier was for ONE acai charge and ONE total cleanse charge and the TWO one dollar pings. They doubled it. I will copy and paste. 01/27/2009 pending EASYBODYDETOXONLINE $5.95
01/27/2009 pending MY ACAI OFFER $4.99
01/27/2009 pending EASYBODYDETOXONLINE $5.95
01/27/2009 pending MY ACAI OFFER $4.99
01/30/2009 pending UMG*SERVICES $1.00
01/30/2009 pending UMG*SERVICES $1.00

Down below I did more research on the ingredients. Not only are they stealing our money we are not even getting a PURE product as the label states!

WHAT about AOL, MYSPACE etc..that has their advertisements all over the place. They need to PULL these advertisements out. THESE testimonials are FAKE!! Look at HELEN MILLER in bradenton..a blonde mom..take off the end url and it is another HELEN MILLER dark hair boasting about the white tea.. This company is going under several names and uses the same order number to pull money out of your account!! WE NEED TO PULL TOGETHER and STOP THIS!!

************ PLEASE READ THIS ********************** I just looked up the ingredients in my bottle of PURE Acai Berry.. An Advanced Wellness Research Product. Here are the ingredients.

*acai berry juice powder 1200mg *... this has the asterisk. Now I go to the ASTERISK on the side and it says this. THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FDA. THIS PRODUCK IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, CURE, TREAT OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE, BUT IS RATHER A DIETARY SUPPLEMENT INTENDED FOR NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT.
* Daily value not established.

Here are the OTHER ingredients: Gelatin, cellulose, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.

CELLULOSE is NOT digestible by humans!!!

Here are some definitions and links to the sites where it comes from. Do your own google search too!

CELLULOSE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulose
Cellulose
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Cellulose, a linear polymer of D-glucose units (two are shown) linked by β(1→4)-glycosidic bonds.
Three-dimensional structure of cellulose, with four glucose units visible. (Black=carbon; red=oxygen; white=hydrogen.)
Space-filling model of cellulose, with four glucose units visible.

Cellulose is an organic compound with the formula (C6H12O6)n, a polysaccharide consisting of a linear chain of several hundred to over ten thousand β(1→4) linked D-glucose units.[1][2]

Cellulose is the structural component of the primary cell wall of green plants, many forms of algae and the oomycetes. Some species of bacteria secrete it to form biofilms. Cellulose is the most common organic compound on Earth. About 33 percent of all plant matter is cellulose (the cellulose content of cotton is 90 percent and that of wood is 50 percent).[3]

For industrial use, cellulose is mainly obtained from wood pulp and cotton. It is mainly used to produce cardboard and paper; to a smaller extent it is converted into a wide variety of derivative products such as cellophane and rayon. Converting cellulose from energy crops into biofuels such as cellulosic ethanol is under investigation as an alternative fuel source.

Some animals, particularly ruminants and termites, can digest cellulose with the help of symbiotic micro-organisms that live in their guts. Cellulose is not digestible by humans and is often referred to as 'dietary fiber' or 'roughage', acting as a hydrophilic bulking agent for feces.

Magnesium stearate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium_stearate

Magnesium stearate, also called octadecanoic acid, magnesium salt, is a white substance which is solid at room temperature. It has the chemical formula Mg(C18H35O2)2. It is a salt containing two equivalents of stearate (the anion of stearic acid) and one magnesium cation (Mg2+). Magnesium stearate melts at about 88 °C, is not soluble in water, and is generally considered safe for human consumption. Because it is widely regarded as harmless, it is often used as a filling agent in the manufacture of medical tablets and capsules. In this regard, the substance is also useful because it has lubricating properties, preventing ingredients from sticking to manufacturing equipment during the compression of chemical powders into solid tablets. It is used to bind sugar in hard candies. It is also a common ingredient in baby formulas. In pure powder form, the substance can be a dust explosion hazard, although this issue is effectively insignificant beyond the manufacturing plants using it.

When used as a filling agent in the manufacture of capsules and tablets, such as vitamins, the source of this ingredient is typically bovine. However, there is an increasing number of vegetarian options in which the product specifically indicates it contains magnesium stearate from vegetable sources.

Magnesium stearate is a major component of "bathtub rings". When produced by soap and hard water, magnesium stearate and calcium stearate both form a white solid insoluble in water, and are collectively known as "soap ###".

Silicon dioxide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica

The chemical compound silicon dioxide, also known as silica (from the Latin silex), is an oxide of silicon with a chemical formula of SiO2 and has been known for its hardness since antiquity.[1] Silica is most commonly found in nature as sand or quartz, as well as in the cell walls of diatoms. It is a principal component of most types of glass and substances such as concrete. Silica is the most abundant mineral in the earth's crust.

IS THIS STUFF SAFE..? NOT DIGESTIBLE BY HUMANS? THIS NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED AND I WOULD BE CAUTIOUS OF TAKING SOMETHING LIKE THIS.
I took it twice and each time i felt sick to my stomach!

Please pass this information along... I know better I should of educated myself before I made this STUPID purchase! I was looking and thinking acai berry..not a bunch of crap that is not digestible and a BIG MONEY STEALING company stealing funds out of my credit card account! These people should HANG for this!!! SHAME ON THEM!! The state needs to step in and the internet and shut these people down. OPRAH, RACHAEL RAY and CNN need to put disclaimers on their sites that they do not endorse this type of activity! This is WRONG!

Gi

Comments

• Yo
      26th of Feb, 2009

Thank you so much for your testimony.I was interested in the product ( aquick fix is always appelling).When it came time to give my cc information I chicken out.I'm glad I did & my suspicions were confirm by your complaint.
    Thanks again.

• Br
      23rd of Jul, 2009

What's interesting the location of Helen Miller is determined by the URL of your computer. Reading from Bradenton, Florida – voila! – the testimonial is from Helen of Bradenton. Check out the testimonial from your computer in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Helen is from Grand Rapids! Wow! There are sure a lot of Helen Millers!

• Ro
      15th of Aug, 2009

OMG!!! ok I ordered the stuff! will they take money from my account?

24th of Feb, 2010

OMG!!! IM HAVING THE SAME DELLIMMA! I KEPT EMAILING THEM TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT BUT IT ALWAYS REPLIES WITH THE SAME AUTOMATED MSGS! I AM VERY WORIED!!! HELP!!!