Pueblo bonito preferred

Timeshare scam

4.3
Pueblo bonito
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
My husband and I purchased a time share with Pueblo Bonito Preferred in December 2014 and got scammed. We were told that we would have 3 weeks vacation in 2 and 3 bedrooms resorts each year but when we finally were able to access the website we found that the 3 weeks and 2/3 beds gets to converted to a dollar amount that we can use each year to put towards our vacations. The kicker is that pueblo bonito determines how much of YOUR mo at you can put towards each of your hotels/resorts which is usually a small percentage. This is not a timeshare but a discount website very similar to Priceline but not as good. When we confronted our realtor and her manager about lying to our faces they refused to refund our money because it's our word against theirs so they know what they are doing. The manager told me that if I wanted a refund for the discount website I could get $499 because that is all we paid for that and the remaining $7, 500 was for the 1 bedroom junior suite timeshare we purchased. We were not even interested in the junior suite because it was not impressive we were interested in the 2 and 3 bedroom villas we were promised by our realtor Jessica Schedler. She told us she just threw in the jr suite because you have to have some kind of timeshare to use the program. i just can't understand how a company can condone such unethical behavior.
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country Mexico Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals

Comments

N  11th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
At the moment of the timeshare presentation, the timeshare salespeople will tell you anything you need to hear to make you sign the timeshare agreement. This is the case of Pueblo Bonito timeshare, one of the most fraudulent resorts in the timeshare industry.
N  24th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Were you able to refund or other options? I'm in the same boat and wondering what can be done. Thanks! I'm thinking if I can go through MESCAM
A  4th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
We purchased one in october were told we coould use the free points half for the resort the other half towards all inclusive fees, , then we did some investigating and found out it was not true!! among other things we were told everything was false ... we went back the next day and cancelled it DAVE LARSON said he would cancel it and said he would honour our cancellation we got back home and found out it still has not been cancelled. In a fight now with cc company over charges. They are liars and have no quirks about doing so to your face. Soo sad that a fellow canadian could rip off another canadian or anyone else for that matter where are your scruples ???
N  14th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
OH dear! I just run into this forum, I SOOOO invite you to read this article,

I think It will pretty much say everything that needs to be say.
I went through a horrible experience with this resort, and I'm out of three thousand dollars right now BUT I'm in a process to cancel my timeshare.
A  3rd of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
If you are thinking of buying bc they offer you the $49a week deal... DONT! They have deal for $49 but they are few and far between. I've had 2 vacation deal that ive actually usex year and half. One vacation was very nice, the other was a scam at the all inclusive resort Dreams.

Don't do it unless you want to throw your money away
A  5th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
This timeshare company is a scam as is their Preferred Passport program! I have been trying to sign up but get placed on hold and no one ever comes back on the line. We realize now that the complete deal is a SCAM!
D  24th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
The posts here are in my opinion scams themselves put on here by mexican lawyers who want your money. We just returned form Bueblo Bonito in Mazatlan and had a great time. It was an excellent deal and I would recommend it to anyone. Don't believe everything you read on this site as we met many people who also agree it is a good program.
N  16th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@lammylamont Are you a pueblo bonito preferred timeshare holder. What other opinions do u have on it. We went to a presentation and really liked the credits they said you can use towards flights, activities, and all inclusive but we thought it was too good to be true. So if u have one and can share some input would be great
N  22nd of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Matthew24 please let me know if you find out any information about this program. we thought it looked appealing too
N  28th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Matthew24 DO NOT DO IT!!! IT IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree