Publix Supermarkets / etd compilation
I’ll make an “experiences to date” bulleted listing of the experiences I have had in one or more of the Daytona Beach, Florida Publix supermarkets:
• Refused to do anything when my car sustained minor body damage by one of their stray carts, in their sloped parking lot. Not even a penny discount on bottled water.
• The Customer Service Desk line grows and grows while one person cashes checks, sells lottery, tobacco and batteries, and always services a fellow employee first.
• Publix seems to think that the “Deli Experience” is some long, drawn out, slower than molasses process which never occurs in any real deli. Always short staffed.
• They will insist their rotisserie chicken is done until you get it home and the thighs are raw and frothy.
• Their bakery ‘Chicago Italian’ bread is very good…if it’s not full of holes the size of a half dollar.
• Bakery again: Unless Publix exists in a universe where mathematics are not the same as in this universe, then ½ of a loaf of bread, which is normally 16 oz, is NOT 7 oz.
• Bakery again: The 70 cent cinnamon twists are now an inch and a half shorter than what they’ve been for years.
• Back to deli: Their Mardi Gras chicken wings are awesome! But you need to call ahead and plan your day around when they decide to make them. And ask them for the seasoning to make your own? Forget it. They have a cash cow sitting there and don’t even know it. Yet they’ll sell their own brand condiments, mushrooms, bread and rolls, “natural meats” and a plethora of other foods & sundry.
Overall they’re bakery is still the best in my area, you can trust their meats to be fresh most of the time [but we have two competing butcher shops in the area that have fresher, higher quality meats at equal to or slightly greater than prices] and they carry some canned items that other stores don’t. I’ll do a lot of my canned or non perishable purchases at Wal Mart [fresh, and I mean crisp fresh bulk mushrooms are $2.87/pound versus Publix ‘fresh’ packaged 8 oz mushrooms for $1.99]. Also, their locations are convenient to many major traffic routes for convenience to most people and their stores are very clean. They have accepted my returns for refund or replacement without question on the rare occasion that it was necessary.
Their prices are higher than most except Food Lion or 7-11 for the same products you can purchase for much less at Wal Mart super stores. Their quality does ring true in cleanliness, most bakery goods, deli meats, fish and meats, produce and dairy.
I still want that Mardi Gras wing season recipe or the option to buy it.
More Publix Supermarkets Complaints & Reviews
- Publix - do they really care about the worker 
- Publix - bad company 
- Publix Spring Water - publix spring water smelled & tasted bad 
- Publix - oasis 
- Publix - politics at publix 
- Publix Super Markets - I am complaining about a recent experience in the publix store located on atlantic blvd in pompano beach, fl.
- Publix Super Markets - publix - produce
- Publix Super Markets - deli
- Publix Super Markets - food rotten, fish rotten, hormell meals rotten continuously
- Publix Bakery Eagles Landing Pkwy - cookie cake