Publix / people

United States, South Carolina, North Myrtle beach Review updated:
North Myrtle beach
I have worked at this new publix for about two months. I am a very cheerful person and I am always getting complements for how friendly I am by customers. I was complemented to a passing by store manager and he didn't even say anything about my speedy check out lane. I had a costomer that was not very nice to me and he took something I sad the wrong way and complained to cooperate . Three managers throughout the day aprouched me to tell me how I treated the customer poorly. I didn't get a write up but I felt so terrible, it was the day befor the 4th of July and iv just worked 9 hours for 3 days in row... If you work at publix you know that those are extremely busy days especially if your store is by a beach. I am so sick and tired of not being praised for hard work and going above and beyond. I regret ever putting an application in. Customers are so great at taking advantage of the working class and smiling faces.
Jul 3, 2015

Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Quit whining and grow up. Maybe you don't come across as being everything you say you are, to your supervisors. Also there is a good possibility that you aren't as good as you think you are. Most people think they are better at their jobs than they actually are.
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have been shopping at Publix since moving to Florida eight years ago. My store is located on Le Chalet Blvd in Boynton Beach. I cannot praise the staff working at this location enough. They are pleasant, helpful and very professional.
Your job is dealing with the public. The public is not always easy to deal with, but that is what you were hired to do. It is the greatest aspect of your job description. If you can't handle the job you were hired to do without a constant pat on the back, you need to find other work.
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree, stop whining and grow up. You are not the only one working hard. Everyone else is as well.
N  6th of Jul, 2015 by
Yep publix managers could care less about there workers, I've been with that crap co, for years, customers know they're getting free food when they complain !!! google publix class action lawsuits happen still..!! One more thing they are looking to get you out, that's how it starts. Hire & (fire) or walk out tactics Welcome to publix Florida!!!

Publix Super Markets Logo Publix Super Markets