Publix / check cashing

United States Review updated:

So the last three times I went into publix to cash my payroll checks I have had hostile words with employees/ management ect. Thee last time I ended up not being able to have my check cashed at all, one of my last checks was around 450$ so I stood in a long line for 15 min. Just for the employee behind the counter to inform me that their store limit was 350$ and would not be able to cash my check. So I informed her that you have a sign posted that says you cash payroll checks up to 500$ for a 4$ charge, she argued that the sign is generic and there was nothing she could do, then she told me to step aside so she could tend to another costumer, so I asked to see the manager who told me the same nonsense that the employee did, so I said either they were gonna cash my check or I wanted the corporate number, so the cashed it for me, but the last time I went in they did the same thing and did not cash my check, I want to know if I am wrong for expecting them to follow through on a 500$ check cashing limit when the sign clearly states that?

Comments

4th of Apr, 2012

Why don't you call corporate and ask what the policy is?

• De
      6th of Apr, 2012

I don't understand why you're wasting your time here. Call the corporate office.

27th of Oct, 2015

I remember theres a little saying that most stores go by and its this " a customer is always right" and i have worked at publix the sign clearly states they cash checks up to $500 for a 4 dollar fee and they fo cash them. Well the publix i worked at did.

• Bo
      28th of May, 2017

Why not get a bank account and cash your check there like normal people. Publix is a grocery store, not a bank.