Public Storage / damages / horrible customer service

1 Newport News, VA, United States
Phone: 757-460-3205

My husband & I relocated from Colorado to Virginia. We rented a space from the Public Storage on Jefferson Ave in Newport News. We were there until July 7th, 2008. We received a letter from the facility saying that they were going to be replacing the unit doors starting in June.
The day we went to move out, we found some of our property had been moved, gone through & the glass shelves in my china hutch had been broken . My hutch had been moved away from the wall where the mover had put it.
In august I received a collection notice from Publc Storages collection agency. I contacted the collection agency, they were very helpful & froze the account so we wouldn't get any more notices. I explained to the gentleman that we had been trying to get the facility & their District Manager to resolve the issue .
I explained that they said they would take care of the problem for us initially, but then quit returning our calls.
Today 11/03/08 I have tried yet again to get a resolution to this issue. Now I am being told that they can't talk to me about the issue, even though I am the one they have been dealing with for these past several months.
DON"T REN FROM PUBLIC STORAGE EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER