Pse&g New Jersey / on line billling fee's

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

The convenience fee listed for on line payments is ridiculous! Their not helping the customer or the environment. I was trying to save paper and a few trees. I am canceling my on line account and paying by mail. It's the principle, if I mail the bill it's.41 cents! Paying on line is $5.41 no way. At what point should a customer take a stand especially when it's a green one!

Comments

• Mr
      20th of May, 2009

I totally agree! Is PSE&G THAT stupid to think that we believe that they don't get a piece of that $6 "convenience fee"? And even if they don't (I believe they do), what does it say about a company that contracts with someone to set up a web page and charges customers enormous fees when just about every other utility company that has such a site DO NOT CHARGE ANYTHING?

They better start hiring more customer service/bill processing people, because that $6 fee is going to set PSE&G's bill paying back into the 20th Century.

By mail---$5.28 per year; On-line---almost $75 a year!

• Si
      26th of Feb, 2010

Too much snow outside so I decided to try and pay online and was also surprised at the $6 convenience fee. I'll take my chances in the snow. If it was $1, I could understand but $6 is ridiculous. Now I read elsewhere that the money goes to a third party that does the transactions but still, other companies find other ways not to charge extra, PSE&G should do the same.

• Ps
      7th of Dec, 2010

I know it's late to comment here but I totally agree Knickerbocker and Slienttkv. There is no need for even a $1.00 fee. It's nothing more than a wire transfer. Sheesh even banks that send out internet checks in the regular mail don't charge. I would much rather pay all my bills one way so I only have to pay one bill for everything but with idiot Companies like PSE&G it's not going to happen anytime soon. It doesn't make any sense to charge the paying customer. Unless they don't see us as paying customers since they have literally no competition what so ever and probably never will.

• Vi
      26th of Sep, 2012

Convenience...whose convenience? PSE&G benefits the most when they get the money quickly and conveniently directly into their coffers without having to process millions of checks. They should be discounts for online payments. They are not saving trees, they are selling trees by charging ten times more the cost of posting a check.