Proflowers / Misleading Advertising and rediculous fees

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Watching the science channel and saw a Pro flowers commercial with great discount for science channel viewers. Went online and placed 39.99 order for delivery on Valentines day by clicking on this special TV viewers page and putting in the special "SCIENCE" code. Wow i'm thinking I'm sure this is gonna be a great deal so I shouldn't have to worry about being screwed, after all, they assured me I was getting a great deal. Silly me for not noticing the final price in tiny the field at the top of the review page (I thought it was strange that I didn't see a price on the review page but what the heck, its Valentines day and they are assuring me I am gonna get a great deal. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.)

I get my confirmation email and my jaw drops. My GRAND TOTAL as they put it was $68.87. YES FOLKS ALMOST DOUBLE WHAT THEY SAID THE PRICE WAS GOING TO BE.

Here's what they didn't say - That shipping - Too ship flowers no less was going to cost $14.99 alone. Nevermind thye kept flashing 'THIS ACCOUNT IS ELIGIBLE A FREE SHIPPING REBATE' which just turned out to be another fishing scheme to get me to join some cost saver club they are in cahoots with, so that said club can bill my credit card for services that I will never use - and of course thye tell you that the window will remain open so that after you confirm your order you can click it and collect your rebate. See the lure? But that's not all. Enter the special fee for Saturday delivery - $9.99. Oh and of course lets compound that with a $3.90 tax. So I call them to cancel and of course they are conveniently unable to cancel the order because it's past the 7th of Feb. I asked the person I was speaking to to please justify to me the Saturday delivery fee - She couldn't. Her explanation was "That's just something they charge." What kills me is that I could do absolutely nothing about it. There was no one to take accountability. I took the bait and got hauled in.

There are some people that will say 'Hey your fault. You should have read everything carefully." You are right I should have. Screw me for willing to give a company the benefit of the doubt that for once they were not hyping a deceitful campaign to lure me in on what is suppose to be a special occasion just to make a blood sucking buck. Screw me for choosing to remain naive to the fact that there really are no more honest companies left in this country that actually have some kind of integrity.

Comments

• Fr
      10th of Oct, 2008
    Proflowers - fraudulent monthly charge
    Pro Flowers . com
    7327 Oak Crest Dr
    Port Richey
    Phone: 727 862-8461

Ordered flowers from this company once. Have received 3 fraudulent charges for $14.95 since. None of these additional charges were approved or requested. I have contacted this company and my credit card and will have no further dealings with this organization. Federal charges should be applied according to all the complaints researched online.

• Th
      19th of Nov, 2008

I didnt give any authorization for a 14.95 a month charge on my account. I will be refunded for the charges. I had flowers delived from Pro Flowers and passed on this flyer that popped up for easy saver and closed it, not interested. Next thing you know they are charging me 14.95 a month. Now I dont want to get flowers from them ever again.

• Md
      21st of Jan, 2009
    Proflowers - Easy Saver Unauthorized Deduction
    Redwood City
    California

I was debited $14.95 from a company called Easy Saver, which I have no knowledge of and did not authorize.

Upon investigating, I came across this site and found other complaints about the same unauthorized deductions.

I called the 800 number and was promised that it would be credited back to my account within 10 business days.

How can these scams take your money and then hold it for two weeks?

This is ridiculous and they should be shut down

• Ce
      25th of Feb, 2009
    Proflowers - They sent weeds and wildflowers
    Pro Flowers

I ordered flowers and balloons for my boyfriend on his birthday and when I went to his house last night, I saw what proflowers.com delivered to him... Wow it was seriously pathetic looking. It looked NOTHING like the picture on their website. I could have gotten something much cheaper and much more attractive at the grocery store. I paid $68.53 for what looked like a miniature vase of weeds and wild flowers. I definitely will not use proflowers again. The local florist they used really did a terrible job. I sent an email but, have not heard back and I'm not really holding my breath either. You live and you learn...

1st of Mar, 2009
    Proflowers - Didn't get what I paid for!!
    John Stone

Three days before Valentines Day, I found out that I would be out of town that weekend. I went to Pro Flowers and purchased a rose plant in a wicker basket so my wife would receive something nice for Valentines Day while I was away. I paid a total of $63.00 for what turned out to be a scrawny little plant that isn't big enough to cover the pot it's planted in. I know that I could buy a plant like that at the local food store for 5 bucks.

I sent an email to complain and they emailed me back saying "sorry...we'll send you another plant...just let us know what you would like and where you would like it sent". I told them I would like what I paid for (the picture they had of the plant in their Valentine's advertisment). Since then I've received nothing. No plant and no more communication.

I don't believe they intend to make it RIGHT!

• Wi
      9th of Apr, 2009

I think that in important days like February 14, Christmas, etc, this company oversell the product to get profit from all that they can send without cosideration to the customer. My last two orders never got to the destination making me look bad with my friends.  NEVER AGAIN. Bad business practice.

• Em
      28th of Apr, 2009
    Proflowers - Easy Saver Charge
    Florida

Same complaint as everyone else. Pro Flowers mis-guides you by "giving" you 15 bucks of on your next order. Unless you read the fine print, you're unaware that Easy Saver will being billing your account for their services. I made a complaint to Pro Flowers corporate offices but they don't see it the same way as I do, even though they are losing customers over something as in-significant as this. They have now lost my business.

• De
      4th of May, 2009

My credit card has been charge a monthly "fee" of $14.95 since January. I have not authorized any charges through your company since December when I purchased flowers from Pro Flowers. I wish to have my charge account refunded for the amounts of these unauthorized charges and for my account to be closed immediately.
    I have checked with Pro Flowers and their records only indicate the one order I mentioned previously.

• To
      4th of May, 2009
    Proflowers - Deceitful Membership
    South Carolina
    proflowers.com

Ordered my wife flowers on line from Pro Flowers and found an additional charge on my debit card for marketing services. When I called the bank to get more information, they gave me the telephone number to encore marketing. Evidently, unbeknown to me I signed up for same esaver membership. What a scam. The company is reversing the charge and I will be watching my statement for any additional charges. I will never order from Pro Flowers again!

• Re
      6th of May, 2009

You said it ... unless you read what you don't realize. How is this Proflowers fault if you do not read what you are signing up for. They put the information there for you as a responsible consumer to be informed about what you are signing up for but you don't read it then run crying saying it is not right. Be responsible and read what your are signing up for and you will not have this problem.

• Di
      14th of May, 2009
    Proflowers - ubnauthorized charges to credit card
    EZSaver Rewards

I ordered flowers from ProFlowers, from a site advertised on a nationally recognized website. When checking my CC bill noted a charge from EZ Saver Rewards for $1.95 for a "membership".
    When disputing this charge with the CC company, (BOA, MC) I was told that this occurs when the ProFlower site sends an email for a discount. When you click on the message, you are apparently automatically "enrolled". The charges will compile up to +$13.00/month if you do not call the company and get this stopped.
    This is fradulent, however many people do not notice it soon enough to stop the charges in a timely manner.

• Pe
      26th of May, 2009

The flowers that keep on giving. Cancelled my flower order but have been billed over and over, and now am being billed for EASY SAVER ... whatever the hell that it!
    Biggest sweet smelling internet scam there is!!!
    Go to your FTD guy and save yourself the grief folks. Hope mom enjoyed the roses.

• Ly
      26th of May, 2009
    Proflowers - flower delivery
    Forest Grove or
    Oregon

Pro Flowers never deliverd my mom her mothers day after a email confremation they would be there on mothers day!!! When i called on mothers day at 6:30 they told me they were runing late!!! I called back at 8:00 to hear they were not delivering on mothers day!!! They said they would get them out by Tuesday or Wednesday because i picked a non delivery day!! They confirmed my delivery, told me they were runing late to now no deliverys on mothers day omg my moms flowers were a nightmare on wednesday the were going to up grade my flowers write a letter of apology to my mother!!! This also never happened, Pro Flowers then told me they had no florist in Seaside Oregon that they were sorry about this whole flower deal But there was nothing they could do for me!!! I sugested maybe a ups truck delivery or a fed ex truck delivery after all this was there error not mine!!! They still have not credited my credit card!!! They ruined my mothers flowers with out even blinking a eye!!! This company is horrible BUYERS BEWARE!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS USELESS FLOWER COMPANY THEY SUCK!!!

29th of May, 2009

I purchased a plant from ProFlowers to be sent to a relative in NY state. This month I noticed an unfamiliar charge on my credit card statement for $14.95 from EZ Saver with no transaction number. I have never dealt with EZ Saver and finally learned that somehow I had allowed them to use my credit card number which was intended for use by Pro Flowers only. I have received a credit for three monts of membership fees from my credit card company but apparently am on the hook for the other three months and the initial service charge. I received nothing for this charge and was not even away that I had signed up for membership. I suspect that it was an opt out check rather than an opt in so the whole scheme is highly illegal. Pro Flowers won't return my money nor will the credit card company. From all I read on the internet there are many, many individuals who have met with a similar experience and have not been reimbursed. I blame ProFlowers for the deception since they are the ones to whom I gave my credit card information.

• Bu
      1st of Jun, 2009
    Proflowers - enroll in easysaver
    Easy savers
    Maryland

Order flowers online and without knowing was enrole3ad9l in this program call easy saver and charge 14.95 for two months, lucky was checking my bank acct thinking my spouse purchase something in MD first ok but when I saw the same charge again in May call the tel and also search the web, found complaints with the same situation online, follow the advice call them cancel the suppose membership and they did refund the charges, did stated will take 7-10 business days for credit to acct

• Dc
      4th of Aug, 2009
    Proflowers - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

EZ SAVER REWARDS ARE THE ONES CHARGING MY DEBIT CARD $14.95 FOR A SERVICE I NEVER APPLIED FOR THROUGH PRO FLOWERS.

18th of Aug, 2009

I was just a victim of the same scam. Ordered flowers, next thing I know I am getting charged 14.95 a month for a program I did not enroll in. This scam needs to be reported to the FTC and we need to get a class action attorney to take this case on.

• Ke
      24th of Aug, 2009

Interestingly enough, this has happened to me. I ordered from Proflowers and just realized I had been getting billed 14.95 for several months for something I did not request or authorize.
    I refuse to do business with ProFlowers again and I think we should spread the word. This is an infringement of the customers integrity as well as a party to identity theft to share our credit card information in order to absolutely tack some ridiculous offer in the terms that say you agree to a purchase. Any Company such as Proflowers doing this should be investigated for fraud. I wonder what else they are doing in addition to the ridiculous add on charges to the products. I think their should be a class action law suit filed against Proflowers and Easysaver.
    Anyone interested?

• Li
      1st of Sep, 2009
    Proflowers - EZ Saver Scam
    Sanford
    Florida

I, too, found a $14.95 charge on my checking account after ordering Mother's Day flowers from ProFlowers. I have never signed up for any program with them and cannot believe they have the nerve to do something like this. I have notified my bank and plan to report them to anyone I can think of. By the way, they also lie about the costs of their flowers...very cheap until you add in their delivery charges.

• Ka
      5th of Oct, 2009
    Proflowers - Freeshipping.com
    freeshipping.com
    Alaska

Ordered flowers from Pro Flowers back in may. Every month since then I have been billed $9.97 for a service I didn't request or authorize. I called 800-869-5597 which is the number for freeshipping.com and had my account cancelled. Lisa the manager stated she could not refund my money that I joined there club. I informed her all I did was order flowers not join a club. She would not refund the money. I never new this account was opened until I caught it being charged on my credit card. Card has been cancelled. I did get taken for $49.85. I filled a report with BBB but so far no response. Beware don't order from Pro Flowers.