Proactiv Solution / Proactiv charge TAX on S/H

1 P.O. Box 11448Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 876-9717.

Proactiv Solution charged SALES TAX on Shipping & Handling!! Other companies apply sales tax on products only. I didn't pay attention to their Invoice till I was being laid off in Feb this year and I've been paying their bills for at least 2 years!!!
Their club price is lower than you buy from booths, so you usually will buy from them via shipments.
$39.95 (3-piece kit) + $5.95 (shipping & handling) + $4.48 (CA sales tax 9.75%) = $50.38 (total charged to my credit card)
I talked to their customer service rep. and she also felt it's odd to apply sales tax on Shipping & Handling. Then I wrote to Proactiv to spot this out and on May 19, 2009 they replied as below:
"we encourage feedback from our customers as it helps us improve the quality of products and services we deliver. I will forward your suggestion on to the appropriate corporate department."
BUT 4 months later, no change!!
I'm here to request someone to push them NOT TO apply sales tax on Shipping & Handling. They should refund all those unreasonable charges to all their customers!!

Comments

• Pr
      22nd of Sep, 2010

NoMore Wells Fargo,
    I looked into this issue for you and it turns out we are required by some states (like California) to charge sales tax on shipping and handling. If you're concerned about the products you've received or aren't 100% happy with the results you've gotten using Proactiv, remember there's always the 60-day money back guarantee.
    Hope this helps clear things up for you.
    Thanks,