Priceline.com / price difference on airline tickets

I am on a fixed income and so money is tight. Went on-line to see about buying a ticket to fly to Michigan to see relatives. Went to priceline.com and was quoted a price very nice price in fact. Guess what your parents tell you is true if it is to good to be true then it is. When I got my card and tried to purchase my ticket it went from $121 to $321 why is this?!

Sp

Comments

• 20
      5th of Dec, 2008

This is the way a lot of retail businesses are going. Phone companies are the worst because of all the fees. Priceline only shows the customer the price that is competitive to other sites without all the fees added. As with phone companies, they claim the phone charge is $29.99 per month. That quote is WITHOUT taxes and fees. The taxes and fees usually end up being more than $30.00. So now the actually price is $60.00 per month. Appears this is what happened to you. Also most of these sites have a large surcharge. Call the airlines direct and ask for their cheapest seat on the day you want to travel. Other companies usually cannot beat that price. Same goes with hotels. You will be surcharged after you agree to a lower price which will bring the actual price up beyond what the hotels directly would have given you. Nothing in life is free and the middle man will always make his bucks. Good luck.

• La
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Priceline.com - Airline Ticket
    Memphis
    Tennessee

You rip people off. I paid for a flight to no where. Your company is no good!!I live on a fixed income and hope you enjoy stealing my money

• Pr
    Priceline.com - Car Rental
    Norwalk
    Connecticut
    Priceline.com

Tried to rent a car on-line. Doubled the rate at the last minute for under 25 surcharge. I am not under 25. Won't fix rate, won't cancel or help in any way. PRICELINE IS A SCAM!!!
    5/18/18
    138-769-004-38
    Cancel it, or give me the 30 per day rate quoted.

Priceline.com - Hotel Booking

Priceline allowed me to book a hotel that didn't exist. I got to a hotel near where the property used to exist and was told they had long closed and I had no legitimate reservations. I had no place to stay in New Orleans being that I needed a room now the day of.

Priceline.com - Hotel reservation
    Charleston missouri

I reserved a room at super 8 Charleston Missouri. The toilet was stopped up both days. Finally got a plunger on the second day. But the female staff member was rude refused several times to find me a plunger. Then when explained about the toilet stated eeewww. U nasty. Then when asked for a couple more towels she stated "damn what else u need"

• La
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Priceline.com - Fraudulent use of my debit card !!!

Someone used my bank card to book 2 Priceline hotels in CT and it was done without my consent !! So I want a total refund of the charges ASAP in the amounts of $246.60 and $214.53, the money must be returned to my bank NOW, or I am turning the whole fiasco over to law enforcement today !!

• El
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Priceline.com - Hotel reservations
    Miami international airport

I booked a hotel reservation for 1 night with airport shuttle but the hotel that was listed as having airport shuttle had none and I have been given the runaround about getting switched to another hotel or a refund
    This is crazy
    False advertisement
    I have been waiting at the airport for over 4 hours and constantly being told someone will call me

• Do
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Priceline.com - Hotel reservation
    Destin
    Florida

We used the Priceline app to book a 4 star hotel that you choose for the price listed. We checked in to the hotel and on top of what we paid there was a hotel fee of 27.75 so our deal was not a deal at all!! If there is going to be an extra charge we should have been given a warning that this would happen!!!

• Mr
      4th of Sep, 2018
    Priceline.com - Car rental
    Oakland
    California

I paid for a Stanard size car. Budget gave me a compact car. I was over charged and I would like some money back please. Since I went through Priceline you should be knowing what your customers are receiving. I am not Happy!!!

5th of Sep, 2018
    Priceline.com - Hotel booking
    Princeton
    British Columbia
    Canada

I booked 4 days in advance and when I get to the hotel they have nothing on file. Spent two hours at 11pm figuring it out. Terrible service and ridiculous price to pay considering that you have to deal with that crap at that time of night after driving all day.

• Un
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Priceline.com - Car rental
    Charlotte
    North Carolina

I rent cars on weekend. Mostly Alamo. Labor Day weekend i place a request. The only way i could reserve the car thru priceline i had to enter my credit card which i did not want to do. I wanted to change my pickup date but was told i couldnt. Priceline charged me AND ALAMO charged my credit card. Still waiting on some refunds.

11th of Sep, 2018
    Priceline.com - Romm type

In the hotel I got a smoking room with my minor son, when I complained to them to change it, I was informed that I could only do it through priceline, I never booked room for smokers, my son is asthmatic and I was calling priceline for a long time and no one answered the phone to help me

• Tr
      20th of Sep, 2018
    Priceline.com - Hotel
    Tulsa
    Oklahoma

I just booked a room at best western in Tulsa. The owner gave us a smoking room, saying that when I booked online it is never certain what room price line will assign to me. In my case, he said, I was given a smoking room.

If I want a non smoking room, I was asked to pay for 20 dollars more.

What is that?????