Priceline / prepaid booking-got charged twice!

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: carl8tino@aol.com

I booked hotel rooms through priceline through name your own price. had an offer accepted. Checked into hotel..checked out and was charged by the hotel again for the nights that were supposed to be prepaid already...Thought it was a mistake, but I booked another Hotel room again and the same thing happened. I got off the phone with the hotels and they said that Priceline usually gives them the money through a "ghost" credit card, which in my two seperate instances did not happen. Isn't that some sort of scam of stealing? I'm in debt now 500$. Am I the only one? Can i get responses so I can get a class action law suit. This is definitely not right. We need to stick together and not let corporate america take advantage of people because they are major.

REgards

Cl

Comments

• Tr
      5th of Jun, 2009

It's most definitely stealing! Sorry this happened to you, but thank you for posting your comment. I was considering using this company, but via all the complaints? I'm going with HOTEL.COM and leaving this company ALONE.

• Vo
      31st of Jul, 2009

I wish someone would go after Priceline in a class action suit, they have screwed so many people.

12th of Sep, 2009

Talk to martin hes a lawyer.

• Gt
      6th of Jul, 2010

its not just priceline... I booked three nights at Wingate through travelocity and the front desk asked for a credit card to hold $20 for "incidentals" I went against my better judgement and gave them the only credit card I had(I have sworn off credit cards and only use a debit card) and they charged me for the room I had already prepaid for through travelocity. The front desk clerk is telling me that it is not possible and yet it is showing up on my bank account. This is a huge headache and I am friggin pissed over it.

• Sl
      6th of Sep, 2010

It sounds like there was a problem between the hotel and priceline. The hotel should not have charged your card. So I think the disputed charge should be the charge the hotel made, not the one that priceline made. When they ask for your card for incidentals, that should only be for: (1) Non-complimentary Services provided (i.e. parking, if not paid at time of service, PPV movies, etc), (2) stealing items such as towels (yes, those towels are not free), and (3) Smoking in a non-smoking room. Otherwise, you should be off the hook. File a complaint with the hotel, not priceline. They issued the reservation number, not priceline.

I will also state that priceline should only be used by those that have some flexibility in their travel plans. Those who have no flexibility should use traditional travel sites (including priceline's fixed price section) which have guaranteed rates and may be cancellable.