Pogo.com / Jackpots are fake!

On June 12, 2007 I won a Jackpot for $3,611.12 and they won't pay. I have never used any automated device to play any games. I wouldn't know where to find one or how to use it. I don't cheat!!! According to Pogo they don't have to payout the winnings because I used this type of software or device. That is low, I have been a member for years and have never cheated on any game. Please read attached response I received when I asked what happened to my Jackpot...

Response (Elysia) 07/11/2007 05:06 PM
Hello, and thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, this account has used an automatic playing device in the past, and thus the prize has been forfeited. In many of those cases the person sharing someone else's account is the one that used the automated device, with or without the knowledge of the primary user. Such an occurrence could have been at any time in any game and is unrelated to the game and time in which the prize was won.

In any scenario, we do hold the account owner responsible for the actions taken on an account. You are welcome to create a new account, and as long as that account does not ever use an automatic device, it should be eligible for prizes in the future. Please take care to always log out of Pogo when you are in a public place, and never, ever give anyone access to your account.

Please feel free to contact us back again or visit our help site at help.ea.com

Sincerely,

Elysia
Customer Support Representative III
Electronic Arts

It's all bull and this is a scam.

Comments

• Li
      7th of Oct, 2007

The same thing happened to me. I won a jackpot and was accused of running a program. I have never ran a program and found out I had been running one once I won. Imagine my shock and dismay to discover I ran a program to cheat! Amazing that they call skill cheating. There should be a class action lawsuit filed. I bet they do it all the time.

9th of Oct, 2007

I supposedly "won" $10 in a spin and also got ripped off for the prize. I was accused of either using macros, code manipulation, “double-browsing”, or certain external websites, are a few forms of cheating. But in many cases, an account being found ineligible, is do to the result of sharing the account or through the use of so called “badge helper” websites or services. Such an event could have been at any time and in any game unrelated to the game or time in which the prize was won. Due to the internal and confidential nature of the information reviewed during the audit, we are unable to share any specific details of the audit with you. Other questions regarding this matter will only be discussed via e-mail. We will not discuss the details of any audited players account over the phone.

I've been a member of good standing for 8 years and THIS is what I got when I was lucky enough to aha! win. I get insulted and told I can't win a prize for 6 months. Want to bet that I win the big jackpot in those six months? I now know that Pogo's prizes are fake.

9th of Oct, 2007

If anyone does a class action suit, contact me, I'm in.

23rd of Oct, 2007

I WAS PLAYING DOMINOES ON POGO AND HIT THE JACKPOT FOR 2,O39 DOLLARS I FILLED OUT A FORM AND GAVE THEM MY NAME ADDRESS ETC. PLAYING UNDER SCREEN NAME MARTYMAN40 AND GAVE THEM MY EMAIL ADDRESS AT LMILNER001@ELMORE.RR.COM THEY SAID THEY NEEDED THAT INFO TO KNOW WHERE TO SEND THE CHECK AND THAT WAS ON 10-13 07 AND I HAVEN'T HEARD NOTHING SINCE. SO I AGREE ITS ALL FAKE.

• Ki
      11th of Dec, 2007

My mother just got her cheaters e-mail too. I had no idea this was going on till I did a search. WOW! It is definitely a scam.
    Electronic Arts headquarters are just a few miles from me. If Pogo doesn't resolve this soon- I will pay them a visit! ha!
    My mother doesn't care about the $10, it's being accused of cheating that is upsetting her and me!

Here's the address and phone number if anyone wants it:

209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
    Redwood City, CA 94065
    (650) 628-1500

• Ka
      27th of Dec, 2007

This is the EXACT same thing they did to me. I won a Jackpot of $1,986 on November 3rd. They told me that they needed to verify my account and then I'd get the paperwork for my check. Imagine my surprise when I was informed I had cheated with an automated device or a macro or a bot. I tried to explain to them that I had NEVER cheater and didn't know what those things were and since I only lived with my cats no one else had used my computer. They didn't want to hear it, insist that I cheated and now I'm on "probabation" for the next 6 months. Pogo is a TOTAL SCAM and ripoff.

I'm in on the ClassAction suit, too if someone comes up with one!

14th of Jun, 2008

This exact same thing just happened to me when I won $5!!! I am running on Windows ME, and anyone that has it still knows that it's impossible to find any software that is compatible with it. They accused me of using an "auto" as well. It's all BS. I've never used an auto, nor have I ever given out my account info. It's a scam.

• Ni
      30th of Jun, 2008

Hello. I won a prize playing your EA Gameshow that expired yesterday, but I have yet to recieve a confirmation Email. The prize is 'Skate' for the XBox 360. My screen name is LouieArmstrong if that helps any. Anyway I would appreciate if someone could get back to me with some information about what's going on with this. Thank you!

• Ei
      6th of Jul, 2008

I've been faithfully paying every year for about 5 yrs to play on POGO.com...

why are non-paying members getting jackpots that we finance ?

and I just got a "we're to busy try back later" message...this is crap..give these "busy" messages to the non-payers not the paying customers...

I have won about 25 prizes...always crappy, useless internet wallpaper..I can't even use it to line a birdcage...

Hey, pogo...SHOW ME THE MINEY

bunch of whiney babies

23rd of Jul, 2008

i cheat all the time, , , pogo cheats, so do i, i use autos, i love to cheat, ., , , , and if you say you dont cheat, , , thats like you never lie either, , , , you ppl need to get a life, cheating feels good and it takes the stress off ya, , , so dont knock it till you tried it, , , you moaners

id love to ### a ### in the butt

• Be
      28th of Aug, 2008

If you can't beat them, join them!

enuff said.

• Sh
      8th of Sep, 2008

hi i want club pogo forever i dont want to buy it forever ok i so piss off at pogo .com for not leting me have club pogo forever would u sue them for 1, 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000099.00 for me please love shaina mcdermott that is piss off at pogo .com

• Co
      22nd of Feb, 2009

pogo sucks big fat hairy dick...in their case tiny pencil dick ###, you ###ing ###, you robbed me and won't pay so ### you!!!

• Co
      22nd of Feb, 2009

pogo sucks the ###ing ###

• Bi
      17th of Feb, 2011

well, too bad cockmonger is a a homophobe..but

My issue with pogo is different. I have played online for more than 12 years and have a screen name, biggaybear for the last ten years.

This week, NOT BECAUSE OF ANY INGAME ACTIVITY, but solely for my name, they banned me for life without appeal.

• Po
      1st of May, 2011

Pogo euchre is ###ing ###. I am so tired of their crap. How can you lose 20 games in a row? That would never happen in real cards. Also, If you make a mistake and miss a trick, Pogo punishes you. I guarantee, every time that happens, there will be a ### slide and you will lose the rest of the tricks and game. And, when you are on a 20 game ### slide nothing works. You get euched all the time, even with 4 suit sometimes, your loners never go through and you get 4 suits on every deal. When you are a win, anything flys--you can call it with one and your p has the other 4--that kind of ###. Also if you get euched, you get ###ed. Guarnateed--if you get euched 9 times out of ten, you will lose the next few trucks and the game. ITS NOT ###ING REAL AND YOUR PERFORMANCE JUST DEPENDS ON WHETHER THOSE SNOT NOSED PIMPLY FACE LITTLE DROOLING POGO PROGRAMMING ### ###ERS HAVE SNORTED THEIR COKE FOR THE DAY OR NOT. I DREAM ABOUT GETTING ON A PLANE, WALKING INTO THEIR OFFICES WITH A SHOTGUN AND BLOWING THEIR LITTLE ###ING SQUIRREL NUTS OFF.

• Du
      28th of Oct, 2011

I agree that is why I use a program because if they are going to accuse me of something. I better be doing what I am accused of, because you never win the prize otherwise. It is stupid if you ask me. They have no proof of cheating just saying it, but they got the money to win if taken to court.

• Yo
      8th of Mar, 2012

I made a song for you, my friend
    I made a song that I will sing for you
    Filling my life with many beautiful lights
    And a thousand melodies
    You are my paradise

I made a song for you, my dream
    I made a song that I will sing for you, my friend
    Falling in love with every part of your life
    Until the end of time
    I love you more
    than my life

I wanna know you more
    When you call me an angel
    When you closely look into my eyes

Even though my love for you may fade away
    I wanna give you more than words ever say
    Cause I believe in you
    And my song will fill the air when we're apart

I wanna let my words be true to the end of time
    Cause I believe you'll never forget
    and I won't forget the song in my heart

Every time when I was down
    You always came around
    And you love all the lights in my life

I am gonna sing forever
    I am gonna sing forever

Close your eyes
    I wanna give you more than words ever said
    Cause I believe in you
    And my song will fill the air when we're apart

I wanna let my words be true to the end of time
    Cause I believe you'll never forget
    And I won't forget this song in my heart

I wanna sing for you my friend
    I wanna sing for you with all my heart
    I wanna sing for you my dream
    I wanna sing for you my..