PNC Bank / false overdraft fees

1 KY, United States Review updated:

PNC bank has had a habit of putting transactions through in just the perfect order to get their free money.
I asked to be removed from their "Automatic Overdraft" system so if My wife or I attempted to purchase something and the funds weren't there, it would be rejected.
I went into the bank and the teller said I would no longer be on the "Automatic Overdraft" plan, so I wouldn't be getting any surprises.
Lo and behold, three new $36 overdraft fees!

And what's worse, the thieves grouped the transactions to maximize their free money. Stealing from Hard Working Americans again. The fees were charged against "Pending" items.

I can't believe they aren't better regulated and are allowed to freely steal from our account. We we wealthy, they wouldn't be doing this!

After a testy exchange on the phone, She said the "Merchants chose to do the business that way".

So I also wrote them on their site. They suggested that I get removed from their automatic overdraft protection - which I did!

Comments

• Ca
      11th of Mar, 2010

I know exactly what you are talking about! They charge pending items. I got charged for items that I bought when I DID have money in the bank. It is only because they choose to post items in a particular way that I was charged. I was charged over $200 in overdraft fees!

And for those of you that say all of us "complainers" should take responsibility for our financial actions, I'm sure you haven't been charged an overdraft fee, therefore you do not understand.

I admit, there have been times I blatantly took money (because I needed it) when I knew I would overdraw my account and I take responsibility for that! BUT, this most recent time, for example, WAS NOT MY FAULT!