PNC Bank / poor service!

Three times, we have tendered payment for a revolving loan at a pnc branch, and three times, pnc has failed to credit the payment. Each time, I receive harassing phone calls from a collection arm of pnc. Last night, when I told the collection agency that we paid at the branch, and had a receipt, she "explained" to me that it is my problem, not pnc bank's problem. She explained that it is not the duty of pnc to track down what happened at the branch. When I told her that by paying pnc's agent (the branch), pnc became responsible. She was rude and talked "over" me, telling me that I was repeating myself.

This must be a new scheme to generate late fees. By not crediting the account, and blaming the customer for the branch losing the payment, they can charge the customer a late fee.

Comments

• Pa
      28th of Sep, 2007

well i bank with that lousy bank and they have allowed an ach payment to keep posting after i stopped it in writing yes i am angry because i like to all my banking online so i do not have to stop by the branch the people at the branches are great and they will help you but there online banking people no nothing about banking and they probaly are out sourced in some other country pnc wake up before you lose everybody