Planet Fitness / rude managers and employees

New Iberia, LA, United States Review updated:

I was a member at the New Iberia, Louisiana location of Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness has a policy that requires you to scan your membership card upon entering. Because I own a trucking business I am always in a different vehicle or my trucks are in the shop so I never have the same key ring with me. This means it is hard for me to always have my scan card on me. On a few occasions I did not have my scan card on me and I was rudely told by an employee that I would not be able to enter the premises even though I showed picture I.D. I explained to the manager my problem and she seemed understanding and told me to just ask for a new scan card if I didn't have mine. This seems like a bigger headache than just having them enter my name, but oh well that's their decision. The next time I went to workout and didn't have my card I went directly up to the manager and told her I didn't have my card. I asked her if that was going to be a problem and she copped the biggest attitude and started belittling me about the importance of having my card. After her rant I did snap back at her that I didn't appreciate being fussed at about such a small issue or made to feel that I didn't belong at a place that I pay a monthly membership for. She told me that she didn't like my attitude and her solution to the problem was to cancel my membership on the spot. After a week or so of trying to contact the regional manager he finally called me back and in short said that the manager said I was arrogant and didn't want me as a member. He was unapologetic and it seemed to me like they are doing too well as a business to worry about unhappy customers. The New Iberia location has a real problem with employee attitudes and it seems to be supported by their regional manager. I am happily enjoying another gym in the area and would never consider going back to this rude environment at Planet Fitness.

Bm
Jan 31, 2017

Comments

• Wi
      31st of Jan, 2017

YOUR responsibility to have YOUR card with you. That is not rudeness, that is in your membership agreement.