Pier 1 Imports / credit card application

1 Buffalo, NY, United States Review updated:

I applied online for a Pier 1 credit cart to complete an order for draperies.

I was informed online that a Pier 1 credit card would soon be sent to me in the mail.

Instead I received a letter from Comenity Bank (Ref. no. [protected]),
stating that "we are unable to continue processing your application for a Pier 1 Imports credit account until you contact us directly to verify the information provided".

And, further to "please contact us within 14 days from the date of this letter. If you do not contact us within 14 days, we will be unable to give further consideration to your credit request".

Well, let me advise you Pier 1, I have never been denied credit and have an excellent credit rating. So, you can keep your charge account application and the draperies I wanted to purchase until the sun don't shine.

Extremely disappointed in your online service and conundrum in trying to apply for a Pier 1 Credit Card!

Jo
Oct 16, 2018

Comments

• Mr
      28th of Oct, 2018

Be GLAD that they turned you down! Comenity is the WORST financing company EVER!! They never post your payments on time, so they can charge you a late fee. Their supposed "same as cash" financing is NOT the case at all! They charge you interest right from the beginning, even though they aren't supposed to, and then tell you that you didn't pay the correct amounts, so they switched you from "promotional" to "revolving", to cover their butts on why they are charging interest on a "12 months-same as cash" deal. Stay FAR, FAR, AWAY, from Comenity Bank, and all of the cards that they finance. Some of the stores are: Gardner-White Furniture, MOST of the Jewelry stores (Kay's, Zales, Charles Warren, JTV, etc...) Pier1, Meijer, Abercrombie & Fitch, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Big Lots, Crate & Barrel, David's bridal, DSW, Fashion Bug, Forever 21, Game Stop, HSN, JCrew, Marathon gas, Pottery barn, and SOOO many more! Just beware people!!

• Po
      17th of Feb, 2019

I got a Pier 1 credit card before the holidays it's now in the garbage ripped up and I called to close my account. 3 complaints is the magic number. Consider yourself lucky! There are much better stores who actually take care of their customers.