Having problems with Pier 1 Imports?

Pier 1 Imports Customer Service Contacts

1800 245 4595 (United States)
+1 817 252 6300 (United States)
9421 Katy Fwy
Thu7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Pier 1 Imports Customer Service. Initial Pier 1 Imports complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Pier 1 Imports above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Pier 1 Imports. Discuss the issues you have had with Pier 1 Imports and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

pier1importsstay away

My complaint is terrible line up service! also should have more cashiers on at this time of year. only 2 were going in prime time! And there was 2 other cashier spots. not even a bagger! and she sis not even tissue paper some of the items which should have bin wrapped up for protection!

• J0
      j0hnny_dvs Sep 27, 2011

OMG! You gotta be kidding me right? Get a grip woman. You sound like a spoiled princess brat.

Pier 1 Imports, Inc.got taken

I returned some merch and had a credit of about 50.00. I then bought something else and wanted them to use that credit. I received a bill for that purchase which meant they never gave me the credit. I payed the bill and then bought something else and told them once again to use that credit. I then again received a bill for that purchase which meant they once again did not give me the credit that's owed to me. I went to that store will the bill and they said they could not do anything about it. They gave me Capital Ones phone number and told me that I would have to contact them because they take care of all the billing. Every time I called that number I got a recording that had nothing to do with me wanting to talk to someone about Pier Ones bill. I proceeded to go directly to Capital Ones bank but they also could not do anything to help me.in the meantime I ended up with a late fee of $25.00 for not paying on my $50.00 purchase. I will never shop at Pier One again. The customer service sucks. I feel like Pier One should have done something to help me. I still have a $50.00 credit there but I'm afraid to use it as I'll probably get ripped off again.

Pier 1 Imports, Inc.product/customer dissatisfaction

To start off I would like to say that I will most likely never shop at Pier One again. Our experience started off good, sales lady was very informative and pleasant. We found a love seat we wanted to buy, but they did not have it in stock. We asked if we could buy the floor model but denied. That was fine. We were also interested in a table but were not sure if it would work until we checked at home. We were told they would order one in for us for the next week. (we do not live in kelowna but in Vernon) The next week we picked up our loveseat and wanted to buy the table, but they did not have one. Once again we asked if we could purchase their floor model and were told no. A few days later we ordered by phone the table. So the next week we picked up our table and brought it home... we opened the box and there were two legs missing. We phoned the Kelowna store and were told they would have to be ordered in and it would take two weeks, they also gave us the option to take the two legs from their model or we could even have their floor model??? So why would they not let us buy it in the first place?? We opted to wait for the legs to come in. The manager called back and told us the girl we talked to was mistaken and that the legs would only take a week to come in. So we called the next week and no legs. Talked to another manager and she said she would look into it and she called back to say that they were fedexed and would be in Monday or Tuesday We said we would pick up on Friday... Called Friday and guess what? They do not know if they are in, looks like another week in waiting.

• Re
          reefercat Jun 20, 2011

You can use the back of the loveseat to hold up the legless end of that table. this is a very stylish look that is de rigeur in Europe right now.

Pier 1 Importsthey absolutely insist it was not received until the later date, and refuse to credit my account for any portion of the fees assessed

I mailed my first payment on my new Pier 1 credit card account in time to make my payment due date (5 days to get from Colorado to Illinois), but it was not credited to my account until 10 days later. I was charged interest of $15.37 (at 23%) and a $35 late fee. They absolutely insist it was not received until the later date, and refuse to credit my account for any portion of the fees assessed. I am so angry, and think they must be running a scam of holding payments like I have heard some other companies do. I have canceled my account.

I'm sorry it's Chase, not Capitol One

lovestothriftshop Sep 29, 2011

I'm not big on potpourri or room sprays, but I've tried they're reed diffusers and they are FANTASTIC

lovestothriftshop Sep 29, 2011

Your issue is actually with Capitol One who handles the Pier 1 charge card, now with Pier 1 themselves, it also generally takes 5-10 business days for most other credit cards to post your payment

• El
            Elzoo8 Jun 23, 2011

We purchased 2 bags of pumpkin spice potporri and 2 bags of ginger peach potpourri and 2 room sprays. We put them out in the house and there was no smell to them and we spent alot trying to get something that would make the house smell good. We would like to try the new vanilla kind of buttercreme vanilla, but we want to make sure there will be a smell to it. We are very dissatisfied with the fragrances we purchased.

• Pa
            pattyt520 Aug 11, 2010

i agree with you that it feels like they have this attitude that it's okay to treat customers that way. I had an issue from 2008, i paid off my card and got a bill the next month saying i was late in paying off the account. I was charged $15, the following month i called and asked that the assessed late fee be reversed, i was told they'd reverse it. Again, the following month i found the charge was not removed and then i was assessed an additional $15. This went on for 2 more months so i now was given $60 on the account and it was only late fees. I refused to pay and i wrote a letter and sent it certified mail.

Since then i heard from a collection agency who recognized that there must have been an explanation for it all and they claimed that they were going to move on.

Today i got a letter in the mail for a new balance $121 for unpaid costs. I called only to find that Pier 1 turned me into a new collection company and they were rude, yelling at me immediately, wouldn't even let me explain...just demanded the $121. Ultimately, i hung up, called again and asked for a fax number so i could send over the back up information.

I do feel that this is just another way for them to collect money from good honest people and they take no responsibility. has anyone found out what else can be done?

i refuse to pay for their mistakes!!!

Pier 1 Importsboth the customer service rep & the supervisor refused to refund my interest

I purchased items through Pier One using their credit card by Chase. I had promotional balances that expired 3/1/2010, 4/1/2010 and 7/1/2010. I paid the balance before the promotional expiration of 3/1/2010 prior to that date; however, they applied my payment to the balance which expired 4/1/2010 resulting in an interest charge of $88.57 from the promotional balance that ended 3/1/2010. When I called Pier One customer service, they claimed that this was a result of the new credit card law changes effective 2/22/2010. Their explanation was that all payments had to be applied to the lowest interest rate. I explained that all my rates are the same. They then said that they had to apply the payment to the promotional balance that ended the latest. However, this didn't make sense since they applied my payment to the next promotional balance which ended 4/1/2010 rather than to the last balance that ended 7/1/2010. Both the customer service rep & the supervisor refused to refund my interest, so I closed my account. Not sure if there is anything that I can do about this. Thank you for your time & please let me know if you have any suggestions.

• Sh
              SHELLZ2004 Apr 15, 2011

Just wanted to share with you how impressed I am with your loves park store. I'm a weekly customer& truly love your products.I've made many purchases. Brought many of my friends & family there as well! I feel your employees should be recognized. I'm moving to a new home here shortly Been friendly & quite patient. Even helped me with some of my selections. My complaint is I. Am unable to get one of your charge cards so in turn can't take advantage of any deals offered to card holders. I feel there should be some deals offered to your regular customers as well. Possibly some percentage deals, punch card and things of that nature. Thanks!

Pier 1 Importsfraudulent business practices

I made a purchase at a Pier One store on 11/16. I tried to give feedback on line several times, no luck. Called 800# Had almost finished survey & was told to call back & do it again.

Store #0411, Reg #1, Trans # 544 I have tried to respond to the request for feedback in good faith, and met with frustration. "We could listen to you all day." Statement does not apply to this customer's experience.

• Ke
                kelgirl May 13, 2010

here is the location for the survey...

Pier 1 Imports — where the hell is so called survey

I was shopping at Pier 1 today and was told to visit www.Pier1.com/feedback and complete a survey - where the...

Pier 1 Imports — terrible experience

I tried to exchange a gift which was a duplicate of something I already purchased some time ago. The total...

Pier 1 Importsworst customer service I have experienced in a long time

I was shopping in the store in Kalamazoo MI. I spoke with an associate at the store about a lamp I wanted to purchase. He said it was under a pile of things in the back and the manager would have to get it for me. The manager never spoke with me or got the lamp for me. I left the store after wwaiting 1/2 hour. This is the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. I will shop at World Mmarket from now on.

• Li
                  Library Linda May 13, 2010

I went to Pier I for the first time two weeks ago. I was looking for a pillow for a papasan chair. A man came up to help me, who said he thought they had a pillow the color I wanted in the back room--for only $10--and these pillows are normally $40 up! Soon he came back. "Sorry, I was wrong, " he told me, "the pillow is not $10--it's $6!" I bought it, and it is so perfect in our playroom. Just the perfect color--and normally $80! We were very happy with the store!

Pier 1late fee after closing account

You think you paid the account in full and closed the account but they will do a daily interest. You WILL get another bill with a ridiculous late fee for a few dollars of the interest that they still charged you AND they intentionally do not tell you about the interest just so that they can assess another late fee.

When you attempted to resolve the problem you will talk to a robot with the corporate lines: can't remove the late fee, it was not the responsibility of the person to tell you about the daily interest, the terms of the account was sent, and that it is not a scam. Well it is a scam!!!

During the conversation, I googled them - I am NOT alone! Told them that I was filing a complaint on-line and with congress AND that I will NOT shop there again, he removed the late fee!

I have spent thousands of dollars at Peir 1. They will NEVER see me again. Matter of fact, I WILL take some stuff back!!!

Pier 1 Imports — credit card

After looking online regarding how to pay my Pier 1 card off, I saw this site and was enlightened on what...

Pier 1 Imports, Inc. — scam alert

Well, Pier 1 already said that they won't help us! We bought an Allegro Sofa on June 2008. By January 2009...