Having problems with Balsam Hill?

Balsam Hill Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 552 2572 (United States)
+44 203 368 6726 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 466 228 (Australia)
1561 Adrian Road

The United Kingdom
Q92 Crewe, Weston Road, CW1 6GH, Crewe, United Kingdom

Australia
Unit B2 23-107 Erskine Park Road, Erskine Park, NSW 2759 Australia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Balsam Hill Customer Service. Initial Balsam Hill complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Balsam Hill above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Balsam Hill. Discuss the issues you have had with Balsam Hill and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Balsam Hill Complaints & Reviews

Balsam HillChristmas tree, wreathe, garland wreathe storage, 120 ornament storage

First my garland had 1/3 of the lights go out. After many communications with Balsam Hill. They agreed to replace it, but that took most of a year to accomplish. Then, the lower lights on my tree dimmed and then got very bright for a few seconds and then went out. Balsam Hill thinks that might be a fuse or just one bulb. Having had two spinal surgeries with in the past 12 months, I can't check them. The wreathe has a plastic battery box with 4 tiny screws. I had to buy a special screw driver to open and close it. All it needed was a pressure snap...much cheaper and much easier for client. I have not used the lights on it since the first year. I got a 120 ornament storage container, which is nicely made, but there is NO way 120 normal sized ornaments can fit. I got a double wreathe storage. The metal ring, shown in the directions is missing. They sent a second one, without the ring. I wrote the CEO of Balsam Hill and got NO RESPONSE!!! YUK!!!

Balsam HillThe master bulb

The master bulbIs not working in my tree and every time I put a new one the fuse burns out. I wanted to order new ones and there's no place that I can order them. I do not want to have to rewire this tree. What is another option to purchase the master bulb. Because it doesn't make any sense that you can purchase replacement lights but not to replace that master bulb. So I would either like the replacement master bulbs or another option so I don't have to rewire the tree. Because it is only about three years old. And for the price that you pay for one of these trees you should be able to pay for bulb replacements and not having to pay for an entirely new tree.

Balsam HillChristmas Wreath

I ordered a 36" led battery light Christmas Wreath from this company, and when it arrived it was 26" on a stretched out good day. They would not give me a full refund, and said I must pay $10 for return shipping as there policy states, " For a return fee to be waived, the item received should be damaged, /flawed, /defective. To keep this short, I can only say, look up the definition of flawed, and defective, then think twice about ordering anything from this company... Godspeed.

Christmas Wreath

Balsam HillFaulty garlands after little use

In Oct 2018 I purchase two Balsam Hill garlands with lights. Having used them for only two years they have already started having problems with the middle sections of both having problems with the lights - on one the lights don't work at all, the other the lights can be barely seen. They have only been used for around 7 weeks and on a timer, so not even on full time.

Having specifically invested in what are promoted as being premium products, I was shocked for find out that any non-tree product only has a 30 day warranty. While this shows a staggering lack of confidence in the quality of their own products I'm not convinced it is legally a reasonable expectation of product life, considering the price paid. I got the impression from the customer service assistant that this is a common problem and there was nothing they could do. So I'm left with a faulty product with no redress from the company.

• Ji
            Jingleso Dec 09, 2020

I have just had the exact same problem, treatment by customer service is absolutely shocking for what, as you say, should be a premium product. I too pointed out it had been used for a maximum on 10 weeks over 2018 and 2019 and a few hours each day. The batteries are hot even when not switched on but it makes no difference as it doesn't actually switch on!

Nov 14, 2020

Balsam Hill — Terrible customer service

On Nov 4 2020 I purchased a 9' Sugar frosted light up Christmas tree from Balsam Hill for $822.83, I set...

Nov 09, 2020

Balsam Hill — Defective tree nov 2019!

Order for new tree placed Nov 17, 2019 and received Nov 22, 2019. Advised of defective section 11/24/2019...

Balsam Hillchristmas tree

Spent $1100 on Christmas tree in 2015 (used 3 Christmases). This year in 2019 the plastic thing that holds the wires for lights broke making the tree only usable without the lights. When speaking to representative at Balsam Hill, she could not help in telling me where I could buy a replacement for it. Totally wrong. Go with a company that is either willing to sell or replacement parts or tell you where to buy them (They refused on both counts).

Balsam Hill — quality of product - cheap!

BUYER BEWARE! I ordered a tree, glass ornaments and 2 sets of "crystal and pearl beaded garlands". (3...

Balsam Hillwreath

I ordered a wreath for my door in December of 2017. The website page never showed a cord, and I thought I was purchasing a wreath with battery operated lights. I mean who wants a plug running up their door? When I got it, It had a regular plug. I had always heard good things about this company and how artificial foliage was their specialty so I didn't think I would have a hard time exchanging it for the correct one. Then disaster hits and I had to have emergency neck surgery so it sat by my front door until today. I call them and even offer to pay the return shipping to get what I need for next year. Only to hear from them that I called 30 days too late and they don't even have the item. What? I thought this company was a stable, year round company. I asked for a supervisor and was told since it was OFF Season, no one else was available. What a crock. They acted like one of these fly-by-night companies that only open at Christmas. I will always buy from a local store now, with REAL products, and with real people who have a heart.

Balsam Hillplease, ship my christmas tree asap

I ordered an Aspen Silver Fir Christmas tree at the beginning of November knowing how websites may work. Didn't know anything about this one, but I thought that ordering ahead of time would be a great idea.
              Well, yes, actually, it is, but not on this website.
              It looks great, by the way. Makes you feel how close the main holiday is. But the problem is that they haven't shipped the tree yet. I am very worried. 26 days till christmas, not sure it will arrive on time :(

Balsam Hill — prelit christmas tree

Ordered a 4.5 ft prelit Christmas tree for my 82 yr old mother last year. I was feeling guilty since we had...

Balsam Hill — 6.5 ft blue spruce xmas tree

Bought on 12/27/14. Stored unopened for 2 years. Opened recently for Xmas now that we have a home. Product...

Balsam Hill — Tree

If only I had researched this company before ordering. Although having said that, yesterday they deleted all...

Balsam HillDon't deal with them!!

I have ordered a Christmas tree from this website www.balsamhill.com because I saw many positive reviews about this seller, but I guess most of them were fake! I had a terrible experience with Balsam Hill and my order arrived completely damaged. I contacted them and asked for a refund and they said they need some time to decide what to do in my case. They said they will not refund me and promised to think of something else. How unprofessional, don't deal with them!!

Balsam Hill — Defective and Deceptive Tree

Paid a lot of money for this tree and when it arrived it was defective and looked nothing like the tree we...

Balsam Hill Fir Tree 7.5' — Broken Product upon delivery: Wouldn't replace it

By far, the worst, most unbelievable consumer experience of my 50 years of life! Ordered the tree and paid...

Balsam Hill — Breach of selling regulations

I bought a tree on the last day of a "Sale", ending on a Monday in early October at midnight. I went back to...

Balsam Hillpoor quality product, terrible customer service

This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. I spent over $1000 on an artificial tree. It was very complicated to set up, and I called customer support 3 times in the course of several hours to try to have them help me. Only one section of the lights would light up, but they gave me vague, generic answers such as "check the manual" and "look on our website for more detailed instructions". Do they think I would have called if I hadn't already looked at the instruction manual? After several frustrating hours I decided to return the tree. After it was boxed up and in my garage, only then did they decide they wanted to spend time troubleshooting with me before I could return it. I told them it was too late, I was not wasting any more time trying to get this tree to work, and I wanted them to pay the return shipping. I fought with them for weeks and got the run a round from everyone. Finally I spend $450 to return the tree!! It was nearly half of what I paid for it. I never felt so ripped off and promised I would tell everyone what a terrible company they were and that nobody should buy their products. I have never done this before but I felt I had no option after all the wasted money and time. They actually had someone call me to tell me they couldn't refund me for shipping, but if I ever wanted to buy something from them again they would personally assist me. As if I would EVER buy anything from them!!! Please do not buy from this company, they are terrible and you will have nothing but aggravation and regret.

Balsam HillNo order and no apology

I placed an order on 12/6. Got no confirmation so I e-mailed on 12/7. Received response 12/8 verifying my order and saying that my order had been shipped on 12/7. I called on 12/13 to find out where my order was and was told that my order was cancelled and the item was out of stock! How does an order go from "shipped" to "you're not getting one"? Insult to injury: I never even got an apology from either of the two agents with whom I spoke. I've seen better customer service at the dollar store.

• Dp
                        DP Ohio Jan 04, 2012

Poor customer service and no support for defective lights even though they say the are warranted. They always come up with some excuse.

Balsam HillDefective Tree and TERRIBLE Customer Service

We noticed after about 5 hours of use that there were a strand of lights out...the $500 tree was likely Dead On Arrival and we just did not notice the broken lights earlier.

Customer Service (even my letters to the Found/CEO) refuses to pay for return shipping even after 5 phone calls and 2 emails to the CEO. They state only other option is to wait until their Warranty Service Department opens in February to get replacement parts!!! They want me to wait 60+ days for PARTS on a 5-hour used broken tree?! Then dig it out of the basement next summer, put it together with the new parts, test it, then box it back up in the basement, then open it again Christmas 2012 and see if it works still?! Moreover, they said I had to return it by Christmas 2011 (10 days from now) or I would not get a refund on my $500 tree purchase!

Writing Better Business Bureau and California Attorney General.

***Short of story: STAY AWAY FROM BALSAM HILL! ***

Google and read the other horror stories. There are even websites solely dedicated to Balsam Hill complaints!

• Cs
                          C schumacher Jan 13, 2015

Same experience, received a defective tree, one whole section did not light up, called customer service said they would send me a new section of the tree. Never received, called once a week, kept getting run around. I gave up and asked for a replacement tree. Only way they would send one was if I bought a new tree. Then I could send back the defective tree and they would issue a refund. Thank goodness I had the brains to say no, just let me return the defective tree and issue me a refund. Customer service rep said fine, I will email you a label so you can return the tree. Guess what, never received the label. When I called back again after a few weeks, I was told that I had exceeded the time allowed for a refund and could not return the tree. They will send me a replacement section of the tree in time for next Christmas. What a scam...DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE CROOKS

• Ta
                          taracity Jan 11, 2011

Avoid - product does not work and they will not replace the part. I wish I had seen this site before I bought the tree!