PetSmart / fail to take care of animals

1 United States

I placed my dog, Blue, in the care of one of your pet hotels in July 2010. When I returned, his * was bright red, as though it had been burned by something. I took him to my vet for treatment; that visit cost me $115.05.

After several unsuccessful attempts to reach the hotel manager at Store #1168, I called the PetSmart "800" number to complain about my dog's condition and the difficulty in reaching the local store. I was told to take my vet bill to the local store (#1168) and I would be reimbursed.

Since I was very upset and wanted my dog to be well, I did not deliver the vet bill to the local store (#1168) until 4AUG2010. I have yet to hear from the local store or your corporate office regarding my reimbursement.

Therefore, I want the $399.70 I paid for the local store's (#1168) abuse of my dog and the vet bill amount of $115.05, totaling $514.75. Since I am in sales and rely on customer satsfaction to keep me in the top of my field, I fail to understand how your company could treat the mistreatment of a person's pet (family) so cavalier.

This is not funny, nor fun for me. My dog was in obvious pain for over 3 weeks after staying at one of your pet hotels in store #1168. The hotel manager failed to take care of my dog and return him in good health. She failed to have the common decency to pick up the phone and call me — after the fact. She did, however, attempt to remove blame from herself, when I returned to give her the vet bill. That simply added insult to the injury — very insulting!!!

Please have someone contact me immediately to inform me how and when you plan to resolve this matter. Remember, the incident took place in July; it is now October!!