Petland / poor care of small animals in store
Regarding the care of the rats they sell as pets..
In the store this evening, they have 30 plus rats in a glass enclosure approximatley 3 ft by 3ft...They are all sizes and ages and BOTH SEXES in the same cage!!
When this was pointed out to the employee, she said "oh yes, they know that".."that's how they get more rats".
When it was pointed out that the rats would start having babies at a very early age, which isn't really in the best interest of the rat, she replied that was how it worked "in the wild".
When it was pointed out that this was an unhealthy situation, and poor animal husbandry, she said, "well you're entitled to your opinion."
I do not know who to contact about this situation, but it is totally unacceptable to treat animals in this way...totally ignorant about proper care of these animals.
Just because they are rats, does not mean they should be mistreated. One would hope that people who work there, would have some idea about how to care for these creatures..
I have owned pet rats for many years, and it is horrifying to see them treated like this...if I had room, there were a few there I would have brought home with me, just to save them from this situation...
Please, if you see unhealthy situations in these pet stores, make it known.
I have been in other pet stores and they at least have the sense to separate the males from the females...
More Petland Complaints & Reviews
- Petland - they lied us about ferret we bought 
- Petland - terrible experience! 
- Petland- Robinson Town Center PA - sick puppy!! 
- Petland - been ripped off 
- Petland Pittsburgh Monroeville - Monroeville, PA - sick puppy and false documents 
- Petland - recently purchased puppy
- Petland - account assure / comenity
- Petland - fraud on puppy purchase
- Petland - Canada - wing trims
- Petland Strongsville OH - Rude staff