Pepboys Auto - Rebate / Rebate receipt lost, then no help

1 5555 youngstown-warren rdNiles, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-829-1420

I purchased an oil change (with the assumption that I would get a $10 rebate). When I sent in the rebate with the sales receipt they wrote back and said they didn't get my sales receipt. The rebate form said to make a copy of the rebate form, which I did - but not the receipt - but the copied rebate form had a samll portion of my receipt copied on it (the bar code and #) since it was stapled to it. But that wasn't good enough for them. I called my Niles, OH store and they said they could not give me a copy of my receipt either. So I overpaid (they were not cheap) for an oil change that I would have went elsewhere for after getting their price. SO NOW I get mailings from them for sales (ya right)and have written 2 different places and made a phone call to get off their mailing list - but am still getting their mail - ISN'T their a law against this??

Ka

Comments

• As
      21st of Apr, 2008

Unfortunately, very few states have protection against this sort of bait and switch. Go ahead and make a complaint with your state Attorney General office. Send them a copy of everything you have. The best way to get back at these businesses who defraud their customers is to complain. Too many people just write off the loss.

17th of Jan, 2009

I purchased 4 tires for which I will get 60.00 back in rebate, I sent in my form and receipt, few weeks later they sent me a card saying that the tires I purchased did not qualify for rebates. There is a phone number to call but every time I call they keep me waiting for over 30 minutes and after that the phone calls just die, or even worse, as soon as the phone is picked up, the call is drpped, is very frustrating to deal with this so call "customer service" We are loyal customer of this place but none anymore if they do not solve my situation. There are plenty of other places were to shope.