Pep Boys / scam and cheating

These are very vicious complaints, but nobody is saying where these horrible things are happening. I can completely understand how horribly things can go wrong in the auto industry in general. Its up to the service managers to do a tremendous job in customer satisfaction. I'm sure I will be bombarded with negative feedback for what I'm saying, but it's obvious when companies are having problems, which is why so many changes are being made. I am and always have been 100% customer driven, working 60-70 hour work weeks, on I won't lie, a halfway decent salary. I went from 300 lbs to 175 lbs literally working my way up the company. I'm by no means a stupid person, I don't waste my life with anything, especially my career. You need to understand, things happen with cars, unless your complaints are 100% directly related to a horrible incident at a particular location, you need to be careful where your directing your words. Unless you work for the company and are the president's right hand many, don't make assumptions. My location is on a very busy road surrounding several other auto dealers, repair facilities, quick lube locations, but my garage always seems to be that much busier, which all has to do with complete customer satisfaction. For obvious reasons I will not reveal what location I'm running, just hope you find us one day so we can show you what auto repair from Pepboys is all about. I know ill have skeptics thinking I'm paid so say what I say, or I'm some bored exec surfing the net... but if we're what you say we are, we wouldn't do that anyway... once again, in future posts, give a state, location, store number, something not too revealing for obvious reasons, but maybe some other managers are doing what I'm doing and caring about you and your vehicle. Have you ever driven 45 minutes for an auto repair even though you didn't have to? Paid less for the same exact thing? My customers have and do all the time for a reason. Imagine typing in a search engine your companies name and finding what I'm finding. Its human nature to be evil, completely understandable, but it's not everybody. Once again, let us know which places are doing wrong, be specific with what went wrong and why and your somewhat unbiased recollection of what went wrong and how it was fixed.

Va

Comments

• Li
      11th of Oct, 2008

425 sunrise hwy
    Patchogue, New York
    Phone: 631-758-0045
    pepboys.com

I went to PepBoys at 5 pm 10/11/08 for an auto inspection which I was told would take approx. 1 hr. My car was finally taken in for inspection 2' 40" later after numerous complaints. I left at 9pm without an inspection! My car had failed 2 times & they wanted to try 3rd time? They admitted having problems with dyno machine and I don't really know what the issue is, but my car is fine and I have never had a problem with inspection passage in the past. Ther were 2 other couples that had waited 5' and 7' for their cars and they were also extremly dissatisfied with the service dep't.
    I have never encounterd such poor service in the past at any other auto facility and I really don't know how they stay in business. I will never return!

• Ri
      12th of Oct, 2008

Pep boys are a nightmare.I had my tranny fluid changed on a 98 caravan at the one in liverpool ny in april 2004.When i got home there was tranny fluid all over the driveway.I took it back and they tod me I had a blown head gaskit and it would be $1400 to fix.
    I took it to another shop and they told me the plug was loose in the tranny case.They toped off the tranny fluid and did not even charge me.I fought with pep boys for 3 months before they agreed to refund my money.And by the way I just got rid of that van.4 years and 75, 000 miles later.i never had a problem with the head gaskit