Pep Boys / badtreatment of employees
I am an emplyee of pep boys for over 8 years. During the course of these years. I have been denied promtions that i rightfully earned by obtaining ase cetifications. Our health plan was taken away and replaced with a "heath fund". Under this plan i cannot afford to go to the dr. Last year the company decided that they would not be giving raises. This year they decide that they will change the vaction plan. The new plan is fine but they are stealing our days that we have already earned. I have 10 vaction days left until the middle of next year. They are telling me that any unused vaction days by december 28, 2008 will be paid out at a rate of 75%. This rate depends on your anniversary date. Some will only be paid 25%. They act as if the vaction has not yet been earned, but it was earned last year. On top of this the months that i have worked this year up until now those vaction days that i would have got next year are now gone. Thoses days are worth about 2000 to me. Every turn pep boys shafts their employees. People complain that they do not get good service at pep boys. There is a reason for that and it is the way the employees are treated by the company in turn is the way they treat customers. Pep boys fails to realize that when you screw your employees, it makes them not care about their jobs, which shows when you enter a pep boys. Pep boys needs to realize you must spend money to make money. Give the employees a good reason to want to keep their jobs and you will see dedicated employees, which will result in higher sales and customer satsfaction. On top of this offering the best pay rate around will get the best people around. Happy holdys pep boys : (
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - scam 
- Pep Boys - my car has been at pep boys since may 25th for a new motor.
- Pep Boys - confirmed appt... and they said it didn't matter it issues that have been ongoing 
- Pep Boys - poor workmanship & they have not replaced my center caps they destroyed 2 months ago!
- Pep Boys - lied about service they provide/bad customer service 
- Pep Boys - tires, cv axle boot, intake hose