ADVERTISIMENT
Fri:7:30 am - 8:00 pm
Sat:7:30 am - 8:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Pep Boys Of Pisacataway, NJovercharging

Found I was overcharged for a serpentine belt (belt costs $11.11 and I was charged $55.48). It takes about 15/20 min to change the belt, I was charged $93.60. Also look out for added fees...the Pepguard Limited Extended Labor Warranty, this was added to the bill without my knowledge. They did however remove it when I said I never asked for it ($14.04). I was also charged a shop fee for supplies...what supplies are needed to change a belt? I asked several time and never could get a straight answer. It was for the floor matts in the car I was told and liquids. What liquids are used to change a belt and there were no floor matts put in my car. After several questions about it, they removed the fee (11.88). Beware of overcharging and fees added. I felt taken advantage of with the cost of the belt and labor too. Next time I will do further research and will not be going to a Pep Boys for any maintenance.
In addition, I called the Edison store and asked the same questions. The job for the belt is $249.25. They at least mentioned the warranty and without it, $227.23. The warranty was more in the Edison Pep Boys store ($22.02), the labor was $137.00 and the part was $59.48. I asked about the shop fee and what supplies it is for, They responded that it is not for supplies but for the maintenance of the shop. Seriously? The customer is paying the store to maintain their shop. Seems all like a scam to me for extra cash. Beware!!

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Pep Boys Piscataway, NJdo not get your car serviced here

0 Stars!!! I had $1500 worth of maintenance done on my Integra. 3000 miles later, my car started overheating ridiculously, and then would not start. Turns out the "technician" installed my timing belt with the wrong timing and almost blew my engine. Needless to say, I was not taking my car back there. Of course, their argument is I should have brought it back to them so they could see what they did wrong. 3 days prior to the overheating my rear tire was coming off my car. When I took it back to them (I also had new tires put on by them) they told me "Someone must be trying to steal your rims." They will not take any responsibility for the fact that their technicians have no clue as to what they are doing. When I spoke to the District Manager, Dave Motyka, I asked for the contact of the Regional Manager. He explained to me that I would have to call the 1-800 customer service line for that information. When I called the service line, they explained to me that they did not have that information and I would need to speak with someone at the store location to get the contact of the Regional Manager. I explained to them that I had already done that, and that the District Manager was the one that told me I had to call the service line for that information. When I called the store location, more employees told me that they do not have that information there. Basically they are giving me the run-around so that I cannot contact any of their superiors. Don't waste your time and money here! You will bring your car in for routine maintenance and walk out with a list of issues!

Comment Guidelines