The Pep Boys

Fri:7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat:7:00 am - 7:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Pep Boysrun away!

Brought my car in for an alignment. They said they could not do the alignment without replacing the brakes. SO I had to leave that night and return several days later so they could order parts. Car made a horrible clunking noise on the way home. At home I checked and had 5 lug nuts on one wheel (all of them) that were finger loose. Although I had made an appointment (the first of the day), they still had not touched it several hours later when I called for an update. They were apparently befuddled when they encountered rust on the brakes, so they turned to two ball ping hammers, which of course bent the bake parts making them permanently engaged. After all that it turns out they had ordered the wrong parts, so I went away with no alignment and now permanently engaged brakes (they did finally disengage once the pads wore down enough). Their final offer was to offer me two free oil changes - yeah right, they almost killed me changing a tire, I would not let attempt anything as complicated as an oil change!

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Ro
      ronrich54 Nov 12, 2014

Been there, done that! My wife took our F150 to them for a simple brake pad replacement while I was out of town. I saw a charge on our bank account for over $700 and called her questioning the charge! She informed me when she took the truck in they told her that both from brake calipers needed replacing! I normally maintain the truck while in town and told her they took advantage of her, there was nothing wrong with those calipers! Several months later our teenage daughter was driving the truck and the right from wheel came off when she was applying the brakes approaching a red light. She hit a concrete power pole, bounced off it and slid sideways into the rear of a parked car! The police officer who investigated said that if she had made it through the red light and make it to the main road, US98 she probably would not have survived! The truck was totaled! After inspecting the truck it was obvious they did not replace the cotter pin on the axle that hold the brake rotor and tire on the axle! Since I inspected three different mechanics have inspected the truck and it is 100% conclusive that pepboys did not install the cotter pin! Not only did they rip my wife off they almost cost the life or our daughter and cost us the truck! DEAL WITH PEP BOYS AT YOUR OWN PERIL!!!