Pep Boys / terrible experience

United States Review updated:

4 years ago car broke down in Upland, Ca. Had it towed to Pep Boys there. Starter was bad and they installed lifetime warranty starter, took less than 1 hr. Yesterday starter went out again (4 yrs. later) had car brought down to Pep Boys in Redlands, Ca. They honored the warranty but I had to pay for labor. I told them it was 1 hr. or less labor and showed prior receipt. They said they needed 3 hr. to fix. I watched them and took less than 1 hr. They billed me 3 hr. @ $95.00 DISHONEST COMPANY (EMPLOYEES).
Va

Comments

La
  22nd of Jul, 2008
I used to be a constant customer of Pep Boys that does not care about their customer service. I took my car into Pep Boys in January 2008 for them to repair my brakes which I was charged very close to $600.00 of repairs. Well it is July 2008 and I am having the same exact issue for Pep Boys to tell me that I have to pay an additional $130.00 for more brake work. When I went into the store to get my car back I was immediately attacked by an associate letting me know that nothing was going to be done in my favor which I had no business with this individual. It is strongly advised that we as the consumer save our money and go to an organization that is worthy of the service and going to complete the job correctly the first time. The bad thing about all this is that people are amazed that I paid $600.00 for just the back brake job.

Pep Boys Logo Pep Boys