Pep Boysbroken hood latch, poor customer service

Currently sitting in the lobby awaiting my husband to come and pop the hood on my 2005 audi a4.
I brought the car in simply asking that the hood be popped so that I could add water since the car was running hot. Couldnt drive the car any further and was also late for work. Was told it would be too difficult a job and they could replace the cable, with an hour wait, and was told the price would be $168+ tax. I agreed and gave the mechanic the parts (Hood latch and cable). Upon seeing the latch, the mechanic asks if the cable was broken under the hood or under the dash? I reply, under the dash. He replies, oh that shouldnt be that hard to get open. Great! After waiting approx 15 mins, a tech at the counter comes back and says again, it's too difficult to pop the hood and the price will go up due to added labor of popping the hood. I immediately get upset as my husband (Who is not a mechanic or service tech) can pop the hood in 5 mins! I tell the service tech, no. I will call my husband to come and pop the hood. The service tech replies, ok i'll go see if the mechanic can get it open. Unbelievable! I really feel like these guys see a woman coming and immediately start seeing dollar signs. My husband watched a 45 sec youtube video on how to get this hood open and these guys act like I was asking them to perform brain surgery!

Ta