PeoplePC / No legal obligation to refund anything

How do I pursue a refund or a reversal of charges that I did not know about?

Peoplepc advertised on television an aid for $10.99 monthly internet service provider charge. I did not have a DVD to install or have access to Peoplepc. I called Peoplepc. Yet, I was told there was an overload on the system. Consequently, I had to call back at a later time. I tried for several days. But, each time I was unable to access Peoplepc. Thus, I abandon the attempt to connect or link via internet.

Later, I happen to notice a charge from Peoplepc. I called to inquire. The first question asked even on the publicly listed only available telephone number for Peoplepc is: What is your telephone number? What is your name; and what is your credit card number? This time, I refused to provide a telephone number. The first two customer service rep's who responded to my calls, hung-up when I refused to provide a telephone number. After the fourth call [two calls to the customer service-operator, one call to customer service-new customer, one call to customer service-existing customer, one transfer to technical service, one transfer to headquarters, a second transfer to the cancellation desk, a third transfer to an alleged customer service supervisor.] Upon the last transfer, I was informed I had an account number. Peoplepc did not record any initial customer service signup-even though the caller is informed the call is recorded. It is Peoplepc policy that it is the customer's responsibility to timely cancel any service. Thus, even though I never had access to Peoplepc, I never authorized Peoplepc to start the account [the information initially demanded under false pretense was used to the benefit of Peoplepc] and I never used, Peoplepc refused to reverse any charges because it was not timely requested. The customer service supervisor said under the terms of contract [that I did not have access to; did not know the terms] Peoplepc would not now provide this alleged account number; they refuse to reverse any charge but would immediately cancel the account. If I had a complaint, I could e-mail or write the company. But, Peoplepc was under no legal obligation to refund anything. Is there a government agency that I can file a complaint to continue the dispute? Help please; provide suggestions, other remedies,... any one.

Comments

• Pa
      3rd of Mar, 2008
    PeoplePC - Charged for services not rendered!
    PeoplePC
    Palmetto
    Georgia
    Phone: 678-519-0865

I have been charged for services that i do not have. This acct. has been closed since Dec.2017. I have been charged over draft fees from my bank many times because of this problem. I want it fixed TODAY. I will be seeking professional help with this problem. THIS DON'T MAKE SINCE a large company like this ripping people off.

• Bo
      25th of Oct, 2008

We cancelled People pc and went to high speed several months ago
    I am still being billed $1.95 monthly.
    Would appreciate it if you would stop billing my visa for this amount, There is no reason for it.
    Reference #24692168259000565445448