PeoplePC / They would not cancel my account

I have been trying to cancel a peoplepc account since about June. They kept giving me more time. Well in August I called them once again and they supposedly canceled my account. I did not have any email so I deleted it off my outlook. Well when looking through my bills Saturday. I find out they are still charging me for an account i don't use. I checked and it was back up again. I guess Earthlink bought them so they can do all sorts of strange things. I have been trying to get through to them most of today found out that i need the number. So if they give you a cancellation number never throw it out. Put it in an address book where it can be saved for years because they may start up your account. Also there is no place where you can delete an account. I guess I will be calling my credit card tomorrow to complain, or cancel the account you have used. I think I may do that also. That way they can't do any more damage.

Comments

• Ca
      26th of Jun, 2007

I too have been trying to cancel an account with MINI REPORTS SERVICES and I have not been successful. This people are taking advantage of everyone. They should have the option to cancel online, the sameway we can sign up for the service. Trying to contact someone or get any results form this company is almost impossible. I had to call my bank to get a phone number for this company because they don't even have the phone number on the statement like any other company will do. Again they are ripping up people. Who needs to pay so much to check their credit report, $9.95 a month it's a lot of money for some people. Same on you Mini credit report services.

10th of Apr, 2008

Complaints on "PeoplePC"
    Read more complaints on this Company
    PeoplePC

P.O. Box 26909
    San Francisco, California
    Phone: 631-649-4393
    www.peoplepc.com

I signed up for a 30-day free trial of PeoplePC back in November. I had gotten points through a reward program for signing up. I never once even installed it on my computer. I have internet through my cable company.

So I canceled after 3 days. I was told that everything was canceled and I would no longer be billed. So 4 months go by and my credit card had been compromised and was canceled. A few days later I get a call from PeoplePc telling me that my monthly fee could not be processed. so I called them and they tell me that when I had never canceled their service. Apparently, I had been billed every month, unknowingly. I told them that I had canceled after only a few days during my free trial and that I wanted the account closed.

PeoplePC refused to close the account until I paid them the balance on the account due to my card being declined. I continued to explain to them that I have never even used their services and that I had been fraudulently billed for the past 4 months. So that call got me nowhere.

So every day, their billing department calls about 5 times a day to collect the balance on the account. I have spoken with 14 reps and 5 supervisors. All of which have claimed they could not help me. They claim that they cannot close an account that has a balance on it.

So the harassing calls keep coming every day. Eventually I had enough. I typed out a nice letter to the California State Attorney General. I made one last attempt and called them to rectify the issue. I got some Indian guy on the phone named Bob (yeah... ok). Bob connected me with a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor the situation and informed him that if the matter could not be addressed while I was on the phone that I would be mailing my letter out to the California State Attorney General in the morning. I then proceeded to read my letter to him to let him know that I wasn't just bs'ing. Amazingly enough, he was able to go right in and zero out the balance on the account and close it. So you would think that would be the end of it, right?

WRONG!!! Every day I am still getting at least 3-5 calls per day from their billing department. When I ask why they are calling, they start to say "There is a balance on your account of...um...zero dollars." I then proceed to tell them to stop calling me or I will file a harassment suit. I have spoken with several reps and several supervisors SINCE my account has been closed (again) and NOBODY can tell me why I am continuallt being called. So today again (at 8am) they are calling me again.

So I am writing this complaint to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from PeoplePC. It is a horrible company. I will be sending out my letter to the California State Attorney General's office later today, as well as filing a complaint with the BBB. Not that the BBB really does anything. If you have similar issues with PeoplePC, I recommend contacting the Attorney General in their state. If they receive enough complaints, they will go after them. The BBB really can't do much other than send them a letter telling them they have a complaint. So the BBB is pretty useless in my opinion.