Penske Truck Rental / bad service

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I have been doing work for this Business for sometime. When I started out with them, all was fine. NOW, "things" have changed. Last evening, I received a call just as I was turning in for the night. A loaded truck needed to have load moved from one truck to another truck. I was given the details as to WHERE, WHEN, and etc.. After awhile, everyone finally gets everything ready to do the transfer. NO ELECTRICITY, NO LIGHTS, and no hot coffee available. We started at 10:00 pm. to transfer load with available light. Around 2:00 am next day (4.0 working hours later) we got done. Crew departed and I went home. FRIDAY - [protected]) I called PENSKE to turn in "work ticket" and receive pay. The work was at NITE and no one else would have done the work. So, I was told my charges were too high and they informed me they would only pay about 90%. Ok, I accepted this even tho it would cut the labor down. I paid the crew out of my pocket. I was also told their Electronic Pay Service was "down". The only option was an "Over Night Settlement". I accepted that. This is LATE SUNDAY nite - no overnight settlement has come as of this late hour. ANYONE dealing with PENSKE - better get "everything understood UP FRONT or prepare to get Screwed".

Ia

Comments

• Br
      10th of Mar, 2009

a similar situation happened to me, were you working with corporate? or a local branch? I take it you're a moving co., not what I do but we do help them with emergency breakdowns, towing, roadside assitance, etc. Usually they are real good aboutp aying, but in December we had problems. It may depend on who contacted you for the work, in corporate, they have different reps that are responsible for putting your co. on the file which states what to pay. Is this your situation? just curious

• Be
      16th of Apr, 2009

I rented a truck from them. I was quoted a price and was charged. Returned the truck on time, full of fuel and spotless. Today, an extra $50 charge on my card! Horrible! Rip-off artists. They are professionals at taking more than they are owed.