Penske Truck Rental Logo

Penske Truck Rental

Having problems with Penske Truck Rental?

1800 073 6753 (Mexico, Penske Logistics)
+1 888 996 5415 (Personal Truck Rental Information)
+1 800 526 0798 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 877 234 0103 (Becoming A Rental Agent)
+1 800 736 7531 (Commercial Truck Rental Information)
+1 855 345 7268 (Leasing)
+1 800 529 6531 (Penske Logistics)
+1 866 309 1962 (Sales Department)
+31 800 4673 6753 (Netherlands, Penske Logistics)
+86 216 327 8566 (China, Penske Logistics)
+55 113 738 8200 (Brazil, Penske Logistics)
2675 Morgantown Rd
Reading, Pennsylvania
Netherlands
P.O. Box 142, 4700 AC Roosendaal, The Netherlands

China
199 Chengdu Road (N), Honi International building, Suite 1801, Shanghai, P.R. China, 200030

Brazil
Av. Nações Unidas, 11.541, 17 Andar – Brooklin Novo, São Paulo, SP, Brasil  CEP: 04578-907

Mexico
Calle Antonio Dovali Jaime #70 Piso 4, Col Santa Fe, México D.F., CP 01210, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

claims

We rented a Penske rental truck to move from PA to AZ. We were told we would get a 26' truck but got a...

bad experience

I made it very clear of the location of pickup I wanted to pick up my truck at.time of making my reservations. After driving a day down to Florida we waited an hour for it to be our turn only to find out 30 minutes later that the truck was at a different location. When I finally got to the truck, the gentleman did not hook the car trailer up correct so when I started to drive my car up onto the trailer, it came away from the tow hitch and slammed into the back of the truck! Then I received every excuse as to why this occurred. Once I started towards my first location after having now lost 3 hours of loading time, the front end was bouncing so bad I had to stop and call roadside for 2 new steer tires!! The truck ate fuel like I have never seen. Spent more on fuel than the entire cost of the rental.

Received an email about my rental experience so I filled it out asking to be contacted about my experience... Well I am shocked that the lady basically stated through my complaints that it was my fault!!!... "The truck was scheduled at the Combee Road site"...(not what I agreed too)... "Penske does connect the truck and trailer but does not assist the customer"...(then why did the trailer unhook and slam into the rental truck????)... "Penske pretrips all rentals before handing keys to customers"... (HA!!! Then why was the inside dirty and why did I have to take more time to get new tires and not back ones but FRONT tires!! My 3 yr old had to ride in that! Thanks Penske for putting my son's life on those tires!!!)

But wait...Christy offered me $50 for all my troubles... never ever again Penske. And I will encourage every person I meet in this world to never rent from these people!

unsanitary truck

Blood all over the inside of one of the two trucks I rented! I reserved two trucks one of the reservation...

personal property fraudulently &donated or dumped& from repossessed vehicle

overcharge - rip off

I rented a Penske truck from San Diego to go to another city out west. I was charged a whopping 1, 500$ for...

deposit not yet received after 2 months!

It's been more than 2 months and I have not received my deposit. The representative there, JASON, has a...

stay away from these guys, awful customer service

Customer service person checking in the rental truck, ran to look at the truck, ran back and stated angrily the gas gauge did not read full, questioned why I didn’t get gas I stated to get it back in time for check in without being charged an additional day I couldn’t.

He then stated that it was a 25 dollar fee on top of 5.00 per gallon to fill it. It doesn’t mention the 25 fee in the contract at all. I then said go fill it I will wait here until you do to assess the charges. He then stated he didn’t have time to fill it could be 20 min to 4 hours to do it (he just walked in with fast food). He then told me to fill it since I didn’t look busy ( I was in the middle of a 50 mile residential move ) then mentioned my partner sitting out in my car with her dog why doesn’t she go fill it .

I stated again through tears (long move cash for keys tight time frame) in order to get the truck there not be charged for another day I didn’t need it didn’t get filled. He rescinded the 2nd day charge if of course we filled the truck 0.25 dollars later plus almost $80.00 to rent it for one day.

We filled the next day mind you the rental truck because he didn’t have time to. He doesn’t deserve to be working there, he made up the 25 dollar fee that isn’t in the contract, and apparently it is an inconvenience to fill a tank themselves. People who are moving like me on a tight time frame just need great customer service since we are going through a very tough time already and over the holidays no less this happened the day prior to thanksgiving.

PenskeTruckRentalCares Mar 28, 2011

I work for Penske. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our company. Can you please email me privately with your contact information and rental agreement number? I would like to have our corporate rental department addresss your concerns.

Randy Ryerson, Director of Communications
    [email protected]

• Bi
    Billy Jun 07, 2011

Wow, that sounds about the norm for customer service at a Penske, I thought it was just the one in Williamsburg Va that treated customers that way.

• Da
    datadawg Jul 31, 2011

In all honesty I had a bad experience with not only the 1st truck they gave me, but with the replacement as well on a 1300 mile move that should have taken 30 hrs but painfully dragged on for 3 days. Both trucks had severe mechanical problems, some bad logistics from roadside a couple of times and a service manager that probably didn't like who he worked for at one penske corp truck depot.

• Fr
    frank grimsley Dec 22, 2014

Penske are just thieves who lie! Took them to court today and i was just outrage at the lying by kyle lying stockton of nc!

• Li
    littl92 Dec 23, 2014

I wouldnt rent a bicycle from penske winston salem / greensboro nc office! Overbilling and lying to boot with paperwork in hand still lies! Kyle stockton is a piece of ###!!!

• Lo
    lousy company Dec 30, 2014

Terrible company trucks breaking down i will never use this stealing company again!

terrible driver

I want to know who to complain to about a Penske Truck Rental driver who actually made my car go into the shoulder and nearly made me crash into a wall/guardrail because he decided my lane is where he wanted to be last minute before he missed his exit. The truck number is 12MTE173. I have no idea where on the Penske website to complain because conveniently they left that out. Can anyone tell me?

PenskeTruckRentalCares Mar 24, 2011

I work for Penske. You can easily call 800-GO-PENSKE and let the customer service department know about your concern. Please note these are rental trucks and not driven by Penske drivers. They are most-often driven by consumers who are moving or commercial truck drivers working for a company other than Penske. Your best bet is to report any erratic driving problems to the local police so they can take action against the driver.

• Me
    Melissa Cox Hughes Feb 12, 2016

This driver ran us off the road when we tried to enter onto the freeway. On 99 north in Fresno, ca. At shaw ave. Than after we entered the freeway he than made his way back over the line to push another trucker off of the road on purpose. I'm not sure why. But when I took his pick he mouthed the word, S**T!!! A curse word not allowed on here that refers to fecal matter. & u could tell he was upset so.i took another one. For some reason he does not show up in the pic I took. But I could see him perfectly thru the window. He was an elderly man with grey hair. Could tell it wasn't his first time his pic has been taken for his ignorant acts behind the wheel. Thanks. This was on 2-9-16 or 2-10-16. In the afternoon around 4-4:30 pm.

Jacqui2017 Oct 04, 2017

10-4-17
    Some [censor] in a penske truck, near King of Prussia, would not let me on the highway from the ramp.there was no one in the middle lane, just wanted to be an [censor]. He proceeded to harass me from front, rear and side of the highway and followed me off an exit. Then got out of his trucks and verbally assaulted me, calling me an f, ing [censor]! I thought he was going to punch me. My friend and i were so scared. I will report to penske, but without a plate number, seems senseless. 😝

• De
    Denise Sealy Jan 11, 2019

I was driving behind a Penski Truck today around 6:30am. I was turning left off Henderson Mill onto Chamblee Tucker Road. I signaled to move into the next lane the Penski Truck moved over in front of me while I was moving. They pushed me onto oncoming traffic, thankfully no cars were coming. I repeatedly blew my horn but the truck kept coming over pushing me further into traffic. The license number is PZA9434.

• Je
    Jerry Shilling Jun 25, 2019

A Penske truck was on my bumper this morning about 9:30 am as I was driving on Rt 322 east, (east of Campbelltown. The driver than passed me on a double yellow line and if the approaching car would not have pulled off to the shoulder there would have been a head on collision...The Penske license plate was from Indiana with plate # 2598007

Comments

unfair labor

Penske is famous for race cars and truck leasing, car sales etc. They have a very glamorous reputation. One...

thief of personal property

On or approx. March 20, 2010, Jose washed the "company" auto and cleaned out the inside (vacuumed). HE also threw out personal property (to wit one camera case (dark blue in color)) an in the process one pair of prescription ground driving glasses. HE DENIES ever doing such. HE also told me, "that unless I SAW HIM DO REMOVE case, I can not accuse him". Sorry I can and will. Now, I'm out approx. $450.00, plus my case. His answer, "I should have done this - "

PenskeTruckRentalCares Apr 12, 2010

I've provided you with a contact a Penske's corporate security department. If you have a concern please contact us directly.

• Vc
    vcpitts Mar 30, 2012

In 4/10 I rented a Penske truck in Oakland, CA for a friend and all my belongings were inside. The same day, I flew to New Mexico to take care of my mother. I am still in New Mexico. For health reasons, my friend was unable to unload the truck and parked it in a parking lot in San Francisco. The truck was repossessed by Penske with everything inside and Penske sent a letter addressed to my attention to an address OTHER than what appeared on the rental agreement. When that letter was returned as a "bad address", they either "donated or dumped" all my belongings. I have spent two years trying to get a response from the Oakland Penske dealer (2227 San Pablo Avenue), their collections department, collections attorney in Florida, etc. I finally posted a blurb on their Facebook page voicing my displeasure and was responded to by their Director of Public Relations. He indicated it was my fault and denied Penske's liability in the case and offered me between zero and $5, 000. When I told him I could get more in Small Claims Court, he stopped negotiations stating that I had threatened legal action. I then wrote a detailed demand letter to Penske Corporate counsel in Reading, PA with an itemization of belongings and estimated worth. I asked her to answer my letter within 30 days. On the 29th day, I received a response indicating she would be back to me within 30 days (ha ha ha). She has not kept her word. It has been nothing but a run-around with these guys and their aversion to compensate me for what was clearly their negligence. Yes, the truck was repossessed, but had they sent a notification letter to the correct address, I would have been able to reclaim my belongings and would never have suffered two years of abuse because of their neglect. I've contacted Penske Corporate to NO AVAIL. What now?

bad customer service

Customer service person checking in the rental truck, ran to look at the truck, ran back and stated angrilly the gas guage did not read full, questioned why I didnt get gas I stated to get it back in time for check in without being charged an additional day I couldn't . He then stated that it was a 25 dollar fee on top of 5.00 per gallon to fill it . It doesnt mention the 25 fee in the contract at all . I then said go fill it I will wait here until you do to assess the charges .

He then stated he didnt have time to fill it could be 20 min to 4 hours to do it ( he just walked in with fast food ) .

He then told me to fill it since I didnt look busy ( I was in the middle of a 50 mile residential move ) then mentioned my partner sitting out in my car with her dog why doesnt she go fill it .

I stated again through tears ( long move cash for keys tight time frame) in order to get the truck there not be charged for another day I didnt need it didnt get filled .

He rescinded the 2nd day charge if of course we filled the *** truck .25 dollars later plus almost 80.00 to rent it for one day . We filled the next day mind you the rental truck because he didnt have time to .

He doesnt deserve to be working there, he made up the 25 dollar fee that isnt in the contract, apparently it is an incovenience to fill a tank them selves . People who are moving like me on a tight time frame just need great customer service since we are going trough a very tough time already and over the holidays no less this happened the day prior to thanksgiving !

PenskeTruckRentalCares Nov 30, 2009

I work for Penske. We are very sorry to read about your experience. If you can send me your information privately in a direct message I can have someone look into this for you and follow up. Thanks.

jose cas Dec 02, 2010

rented a 16 ft truck from garland tx to columbus ga. drove only 20 miles the transmission broke they gave me another truck 12 hours later and the 2nd truck engine got hot only made it 1 mile Penske does not check or do maintnance on their trucks they suck i am renting a u-haul next time, Jose

jose cas Dec 02, 2010

On Tuesday Nov. 23 I rented a 16 ft. truck from Penske made it only 20 miles the transmission broke 12 hours later they gave me another truck only made it 1 mile the engine got hot back at the shop they found that the radiator had no antifreeze or water inside the radiator. This shows that they do not check the vehicles or do any maint. on them you would think of checking the truck on a trip like mine from garland, texas to columbus, georgia. You are better off taking a U-haul on any giving day than a poor maint. Penske truck. jose

nomoreripoffs Feb 21, 2011

The contracts CLEARLY state the refueling fee and gas charges. Sorry you were to tired, busy or whatever and didn't want an extra days charge. All the contracts are very CLEAR and Percise on charges and they do over over them with the customer. Perhaps yu just were to Tried, Busy to pay attention to the detail.
    A former Penske dealer myself and to those that Top off the tank. Jsut because it clicks it is not full try that with your car

• Da
    datadawg Jul 31, 2011

But in the end because I documented all of the issues and had them addressed to corporate I got a 60% refund on the $1900 spent with penske and to me that's stand up in my book. Jeremy at the Ft. Myers location followed up on my bad experience, reached out to corporate and then to me and arranged a quick credit back to my account.

• Sb
    S. Bowers Jul 26, 2016

We run a group that brings Blu-rays and DVDs to military veterans who are in the V.A. system 24/7. Every so often we need a large box truck to transport recently delivered donations. This time we went with Penske. In making our reservation, we requested and they confirmed we would get a ramp and NOT a lift-gate. We made it clear and they understood we had never operated a lift-gate. They called the evening before our rental to say the Home Depot where our truck was supposed to be did not have a ramp available and asked if we did not mind driving 8 miles to the nearest Penske location where a truck with ramp was waiting. That’s great customer service – right? The next day we arrived to find our truck had indeed come with a lift-gate. We told the rep we needed a ramp and had no experience operating anything else. He was too busy to give us any instructions. Turns out he was not even authorized to deal with customers as he was a mechanic. When we began using the lift-gate, we noticed it vibrated several times and even leaned back away from the door. A call to the local Penske (guess who answered) responded with their saying it was normal operation. Maybe someone can explain why our team member ended up with a crushed right foot while operating it which resulted with a partial amputation. We were later told by someone who witnessed the incident the lift-gate did not appear to be working safely, likely due to worn down pins and bushings. When we returned the truck, the Penske manager didn’t seem to care. Didn’t have any incident forms to fill out and even implied if he called this in, corporate would not do anything about it. Worse part about this was five minutes before our team member was wheeled in for his amputation, a representative from Penske called and asked “how much is he looking for”. We went with Penske because we thought they were a top notch company. Little did we know they have little if any regard for customer safety.

service

I went to pick up a truck at the rental site (storage unit)
The owner or employee was 20 minutes late, thus causing me to be late with my movers.She was down right rude,
I rented a 26' truck and it had a car hauler on the back.
this lady made me take the trailer off of the truck before I could take it.this would not have been bad in any other case but folks I am physically handicapped.Both of my legs are in braces and you can plainly see that I was handicapped. I will tell you now that I will never get a penske anything ever again.

worst experience ever!

My husband and I rented two 26' trucks and a car carrier to make a cross country trip from Phoenix, AZ to Alabama. My brother-in-law drove one truck, my husband drove the other. My two small kids and I followed behind in my SUV. The trip went well until the truck my husband was driving broke down in the middle of the Texas desert...the kids and I went ahead, leaving my brother-in-law and hubby waiting for the tow truck on the side of the road.

2 hours later the tow truck came.

After 2 hours in the shop, it was determined that the truck was not fixable and they would have to have another 26' truck delivered and all items moved from one truck to another.

Penske agent "promised" me that we would be taken care of and that "professional" movers would do the moving from one truck to another.

4 hours later, hubby calls me to inform me that the Penske delivery guy said he wouldn't help move a thing, Penske had asked the MECHANICS at the shop to move the items! Hubby also informs me that the idiot mechanics also DROPPED my front loading washing machine, denting it all to hell...and THEN they let the 50" projection TV SLIDE down the ramp, running into a bunch of other items, damaging the screen! They also scratched our coffee table, but that was the least of my worries as the other items are very expensive to repair/replace. Called Penske, again, they promised they would take care of us and we would "just need to fill out a form" when we dropped the trucks off.

Fast forward 3 weeks...Penske sends claims adjuster to look at the damaged items.

Fast forward another week...Company in charge of reimbursing for claims calls me and tells me that they will only pay $125 to fix the table because the repair shop claims that they didn't touch the tv or washer...they LIED and said my hubby and brother in law moved those items when they weren't even on the truck with the items were moved. Now we are out $1300 for the washing machine and $1500 to replace the 50" projection tv that THEY broke!!!

This is the most backwards company I've ever used...the customer is NOT always right, as they are choosing to believe 4 mechanics from a podunk town outside of El Paso, Texas instead of us to save some dough! I have moved 6 times in the past 4 years for my career...you can BET that I will never use Penske again and will make sure all of my friends, family and colleagues don't as well!! STAY AWAY FROM PENSKE!!!

extra charges rip off!

I rented a truck from them. I was quoted a price and was charged. Returned the truck on time, full of fuel...

no more penske ever again!!!

So I rented a Penske truck for my move from Oceanside, CA to San Diego, CA. I thought I would change it up...

bad service

I have been doing work for this Business for sometime. When I started out with them, all was fine. NOW...

horrible customer service, bad product

Stay away from this rental company. Horrible Customer Serive & rip off. I rented truck from Sault ste. marie...

2 comments Sault Ste. Marie Car Rental

honda grossly lied about mileage

Lies, lies, & you guessed it...more lies and all from Honda & it's ad campaign claiming 49/50 MPG on their touted 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid. We fell for the sales pitch & hype when we plunked down $27,000 in April '06 for our new Honda Civic Hybrid. Turning out to be Truly a bad move, as we have never seen anything over 34 MPG & it's currently 32 MPG. A far cry from their deceitful and misleading claims. After confronting our Dealership (Penske Honda with this information, one of their staff (an obvious trouble shooter) produced a PRODUCT CHARACTERISTIC SHEET ( The Monroney Lable) stating how they arrived at those terrific sounding 49/50 numbers. It basicly stated the car was tested under "LAB CONDITIONS" not in the real world, like the one we live in. Yes, they forgot to mention a few things when we bought the car: In order To get that great mileage advertised..DON'T USE the Air Conditioning, Heater, Radio, GPS, or any other appliances for that matter, no Passengers or Baggage & drive 48 mph with the windows closed. Oh yes,make sure you check all four tires for the correct PSI. Ohter than that you're good to go. For Shame, Honda, that's all the American public needs right now is more DECIET, Half TRUTHS and Out Right LIES. And Mr. Penske How could you endorse and lend your famous name to this Transgression...
The Following (given to us after we complained) Is, word for word, the "PRODUCT CHARACTERISTIC SHEET:
ACTUAL FUEL MILEAGE VARIES FROM ESTIMATED FIGURES.
Customer's concern: My car doesn't get the same fuel mileage as the figures on the label I took off the car and what I see in the ads for my year & model.
What's happing & why: The "Monroney label" on the side window of new cars shows figures acheived under special driving conditions. The fuel mileage estimates are for comparison shopping purposes only, and the city & highway miles per gallon (MPG) that you experience may vary from those shown on the label & in advertising. The mileage estimates on the label reflect the average MPG attained by similar vehicles in a model line under controlled laboratory conditions and are not the result of an actual road test. Test vehicles are run by professionsl drivers on a treadmill-like device that measures exhaust emissions and fuel usage. During the test, the vehicles headlights, air conditioning, heater, audio unit, and all accessories are turned off.. The city portion of the test, at an average speed of 20 miles per hr. simulates a 7.5 mile stop & go trip that includes idling time to approximate rush hour traffic delays. The Highway portion, at an average speed of 48 mph, simulates a 10 mile rural & interstate drive without idling time. To make the final fuel economy estimates closer to expected real-world fuel consumption, the results of the City mpg are lowered 10% and the Highway mpg results are lowered 22%....What Can Be Done: As the label says, your "actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits, & vehicle's condition" So you can do some beneficial things to increase the mpg of your vehicle....*Keep tires inflated to the specifications listed on the doorjamb sticker.*As often as possible accelerate slowly & smoothly, depending on traffic conditions, try to maintain a constant speed, & use cruise control when possible. *Keep your vehicle in top condition by following the maintenance schedule listed in your owner's manual & by using the recommended engine oil." END OF PRODUCT CHARACTERISTIC SHEET.
For those interested in a SERIOUS LEGAL ACTION SUIT please contact me at [protected]@verizon.net

• Updated by [email protected] · Dec 21, 2018

Please find out why Fedex did not deliver. Will we see checks today ?
    I’m a lto and work 7-7. No time for bank befor or after Christmas.
    I need my check today

• Er
    Ernie Nov 25, 2008

Dude, you should have done some research! Car's MPG before 2008 was based on the frame by itself, no body. When you include the body and everything else, it significantly brings down the MPG, but they did not have to use that number, just the one without the body...51MPG. All cars built 2008 and later now have to use the entire car to base the MPG on. I have a 2009 Corolla, basic model, and I get 34MPG. Its awesome. The good thing is that Honda's dont lose their value like most cars, so you shouldn't have a problem trading it in.

Sarferaz Aug 21, 2018

Please don't buy truck from Penske company! I spend $7000 after I bout truck from penske . They are big theft plz dont lesson to them..

• Sk
    Skylar97 Oct 22, 2018

Hi one of your penske trucks destrpyed my mailbox an just kept driving when i tried to stop them, an they knew they ran it over. But i have the tag number name an phone number.

[email protected] Jan 05, 2019

It's 11:56 a.m and checks are not here . I'm off as others waiting, working 6 days next two weeks. I'll go direct deposit, however need my check now to go to the bank.
    Please reply to:
    [email protected]

• Br
    BreeAlex Sep 02, 2019

they were driving reckless and almost hit me and 2 other cars cutting us off to get over.

Comments