Pella Windows & DoorsArchitectural Series Windows

We purchased 21 Architectural series windows all with impact-resistant glass from Pella and had them installed in early 2013. One of the units was incorrectly manufactured. It was a triple window and arrived from the factory and was installed (we didn't have a choice) with two windows of one style and the third (attached) window was a different style completely. It took Pella 2+ years to replace this. During this time we had a number of smaller issues (bowed screens, gaps, etc.) that were attributed to "installation" errors but were eventually corrected. Since installation (about 33 months) we have had three windows with seal failures and three windows with water infiltration. Each time, a Pella rep was sent out to investigate, new windows ordered and installed. Each time it took about 3 months from call to resolution. The seal failures happened within 24 months of installation and were covered under warranty.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Pella, IAThe water infiltration happened shortly after the expiration of the 2 year labor warranty. When I called to report the problem no mention was made of a labor charge. When the technician arrived to inspect, he mentioned there might be a labor charge to replace the windows. I stated to him that I did not feel this was fair. No further mention of a labor charge was made until weeks later, after the three windows were replaced, the technician informed me there was a $770.40 labor charge. I find this outrageous. I did not pay the technician. Two weeks later, I get a certified letter from the local Pella distributor threatening to sue. I don't know how this will turn out, but if I have to pay for the labor to replace these faulty windows, I will make sure that everyone I can reach through social media understands what buying a Pella product could mean to them. My customer # is [protected] and the invoice in question is PCSINV000071898.

Lo