Pella Windows / Bad service
We purchased our home in 1998. It has pella double-pane windows that have the blinds between the panes that had been installed approximately 3 years previously according the prior owner. In 1999 we noticed some dampness and discoloration of the wood frame of the bay window.
Pella send a representative to the house who promptly told me that it was my fault for not cleaning the vents properly and allowing condensation to build up. I have since religiously cleaned the vents and have ultimately removed one of the panes to better monitor the situation (and to prove it could not possibly be condensation).
The frame now has even more discoloration and the window needs major maintenance or replacement. Another call to Pella and they sent a salesman to sell me a new bay window. Are they kidding? Yet another call and they offered to send a technician to give me an estimate - at a cost to me. They did let me know that any work will be a minimum of $450 just for labor.
The warranty is supposed to be 20 years on these windows. Of course, you can't have a warranty repair if you don't acknowledge the problem...
More Pella Windows Complaints & Reviews
- Pella Windows and Doors - Pella windows are crap! 
- Lowe's Pella Windows - Lowe's window installation voids warranty 
- Pella Thermastar Windows - Caulking between glass panes 
- Pella Windows and Doors - Squeaky, leaky expensive windows! 
- Pella Windows - condensation 
- Pella Corporation - not showing up for service calls!!
- Pella Corporation - carpenter return unused windows
- Pella Corporation - unfinished installation
- Pella Corporation - prepaid window part & installation
- Pella Corporation - framing around arched window