Peachtree Doors & Windows / warranty no good

Do NOT buy from these people. They state in the warranty that the warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for 10 years. We have some very high dollar patio doors rotting out at the bottom. They were installed in 1997 and in 2000, one of them was showing rot. A Peachtree rep came and looked at the issue, and said the weather stripping that WAS INSTALLED at the factory was not sealed at the bottom properly. He sent me 1 new door (I have 4) and my contractor removed the seals and sealed them as per the reps instructions on the other 3 doors. Now, they all are rotting and when I call Peachtree and explain to them the issue, they simply say it was our fault the weatherstrip was not properly installed, EVEN THOUGH THEY INSTALLED IT AT THE FACTORY.

My first complaint about the new rotting was in June of 2006, well within the 10 year warranty period.

I will not ever recommend this company to ANYONE.

Comments

• Mi
      29th of Sep, 2007

Peachtree has been the worse company I have ever dealt with period. I have one of there doors and getting help or customer service in Wyoming does not exist. I try to call the company and only hear music for 30 minutes, when I do leave a message with what is wrong they call back and leave a message "this is (so and so) if we can be of any further assistance please call 1-888-the same number I left the message at, without even answering my question. My glass has seperated, my lock has broken, when I order replacement parts they send the wrong ones, (forget calling). Now I have a door that I can not open from the inside, a lock that does not work, and glass that is seperated allowing mosture in and still no answer or help. I have accepted the fact that I will need to tear out the whole door and replace it with another brand. This company has fly by night qaulity, that charges premium prices for low end products and poor service. Never buy from them.

• To
      10th of Jan, 2011

Very dissatisfied with an expensive Citadel sliding patio door installed in our home in 2005. I would not recommend these doors if You live in a climate that has temps that go below freezing for more than a few days in a row as it is just about impossible to open and close the unit. We live in Superior, WI and it gets cold occasionally! I had a factory installed transom window added and this also was a big disappointment as daylight was visible through all 4 corner miters in the exterior aluminum. A factory rep applied some sealant to the corners, but was of no help with the lack of winter operation of this door. I have studied it for a few years now and my best guess is that it warps or distorts due to the cold.