Peachtree Windows And Doorsnon-stop warranty never got going!

B

Peachtree's "Non-Stop Warranty" was introduced January 1, 1990. The Non-Stop Warranty is non-transferable. Products purchased between January 1990 and December 1994 required homeowners to register their products to qualify for the Non-Stop Warranty. Peachtree does not provide labor or labor expenses incurred to remove or replace any defective product, or any defective components thereof.

From 1995 product care book.

Your Peachtree products, identified above, are guaranteed for as long as you own them to be free of defects in material or workmanship that might unreasonably affect their performance in normal usage when installed and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

This Non-Stop Limited Warranty extends only to the owners of detached, single-family, owner-occupied homes at the time Peachtree products are installed in such homes located within the USA. This Non-Stop Limited Warranty is not transferable to subsequent owners.

In order to establish that a claim is covered under the Non- Stop Limited Warranty, proof of purchase must be shown in a reasonable manner. One convenient way to establish on our files that you are the original owner of a Peachtree product is to complete the attached card and mail it to us within 90 days of installation. Failure to send this card will not adversely affect your warranty rights if you can otherwise provide the necessary proof. Moreover, your return of the card will provide us with marketing information that will allow us to better meet your needs in the future.

Peachtree is saying if you do not have a registration number you had only a 2 year warranty. You either had the longest warranty or the shortest warranty on your windows and doors. The 1995 " proof of purchase" doesn't apply to the [protected] non-stop lifetime warranty.

They only had on non-stop warranty and no other warranty was listed for the [protected] products at that time.

• Updated by Karen S. Mundy · Nov 04, 2018

We were not made aware by the builder that we have a warranty. Many of our windows leak (rain and air). They are horrible and are causing further damage to our home (ie - drywall and interior walls). Please contact us ASAP! The damage will continue to worsen and repairs costs become greater. We have lived in this home about 3 years.

• Wi
    Williamdeborah Dec 12, 2018

I have always had a problem with these windows. I see that I fall under the lifetime warranty. I need to personally speak to a rep. Thank you
    William Coffin
    [protected]
    New Jersey

• Ka
    Karen S. Mundy Nov 11, 2018

Windows have leaked for at least 10 years! Was not aware there was a warranty until now! Please contact us asap. The builder did not tell us about warranty remaining. These windows were installed incorrectly causing leaking of both rain and wind. Gaps present! In researching Peachtree windows we found out about warranty availability! Please help!

• Do
    DoesitmatterwhoIam Nov 06, 2016

Oh my goodness!! We had our home built in 1988 and our builder recommended Peachtree due to the great lifetime warranty. Within a couple of years the windows started to fail... crash down, difficult to open and keep open, yes some were propped open when we could open them. We had several children over 10 years and were too busy to figure out what was wrong with them, and told them to stay away from them for the most part. I always thought that the builder probably installed them incorrectly.. how else would 10 out of 13 fail?? Now after reading this I am really disgusted with this company!! How dare them.. they knew and never contacted anyone?? When we replace, we will certainly stay away, and advise friends and family. Our son in law is a builder now, will let him know as well!!

• Ta
    Tamala Hagedorn Oct 22, 2016

Simply amazing article! I think it could also be useful for everyone to know how and where to fill a form online. I am sure at least once in your life you had to fill out a form. I use a simple service https://goo.gl/763wYi for forms filling. It definitely makes my life easier!

• Ms
    Ms. Lennie Sep 08, 2015

We built our home in 1991 and had all Peachtree double paned insulated doors and windows installed. After just a couple of years the panes started fogging up in between the glass and always look dingy and because this has happened we cannot get our doors or windows to look sparkling and clean they way they should. To make matters worse just about every window in the home has a broken balancer, I"m talking 36 double hung insulated windows, and 10 double pane insulated doors. It is a crying shame that Peachtree's warranty is a joke and not worth the paper it was written on. I might add that living in Florida we did not open our windows very often and to go to lift one open it just to hear a loud boyng and have it come crashing down is not something you would want to happen to one of your sweet innocent children. These horrible windows could kill someone.
    These windows were very, very expensive because we wanted "the best" for our home. They need to have inspections of every home with peachtree windows then take them out and replace them free of charge. Better yet, they should let the consumer pick out the window brand of their choice and pay for them and all the labor to have them put in. Needless to say we will never purchase another peachtree product ever!!!

• Bi
    BILLY BEAR Oct 02, 2014

I WILL BE ### MY POST IS GONE GONE ### !!

• Wi
    winegar Apr 09, 2014

We have windows that are having moisture on the inside. Trying to get hold of a rep and can't find one around to contact. Built our home in 1994, cabinets, windows, and doors are all from Peach Tree. We had been happy with our home till this year, now wanting to get hold of them, is very dissappointing.

If anyone can come up with a address or phone number please let me know.

winegar

• Ru
    Russell Bays Feb 11, 2013

We used Peachtree Windows when we built or home in 1991. We have had trouble with the springs breaking and the seal breaking between the glass, causing the window to be cloudy and ugly. We contacted Peachtree and they sent a representative to our home. At this time they replaced 2 of the faulty windows and 2 springs. The representative insisted nothing was wrong with the other windows. However, several of the other windows have since got the cloudy look and springs are failing. We are unable to raise 2 of our windows at this time. Our home is appraised at over $400, 000 and the windows are unsightly. We have the receipts from the original purchase and we contacted Peachtree several times to no avail. They insist they are not responsible for their product. We are VERY disappointed in this response. We started having trouble with our windows before they were 15 years old. We will not recommend Peachtree to anyone.

• Wa
    Wayne Young Feb 08, 2013

I have a Peachtree 6foot sliding glass door. I had the door about 6 months and the Weather stripping in the bottom of the door came off and was torn. I wrote to Peachtree and they send me some new weatherstripping. I have no idea how to put it on. I would like directions so I can do it myself. Don't know if it does on the track or where. Please let me know as the cold air comes in through the bottom of the door.
    My email address is [email protected] My mailing address is Wayne Young 2904 Lake Forest Cr. Talbott, Tn. Thankyou

joe sarno Oct 22, 2012

TRYING TO BUYSTRIPPING FOR WEATHER OUR ALL METAL 20 YEAR OLD PEACHTREE DOOR. CAN YOU HELP. JOE SARNO [email protected]

• Ga
    Gary VI Sep 21, 2012

We had Peachtree windows & doors installed on our new home in 1992 with the "Non-stop warranty". Well, guess what? The warranty stopped. I filed a complaint with the State Attorney General's office and they were not able to help. My advice, if someone offers to sell you a Peachtree product, run!! Not a reputable company.

• Lg
    LGjr Jul 08, 2012

I was also conned into purchasing Peachtree windows and doors. The doors have held up with no problems. The windows have only had 2 seals fail and I had to pay labor to have them replaced by a local dealer. The original dealer no longer reps Peachtree. I did register the windows at the time but was told that that warrenty no longer was valid. Now I have at least 15 windows with defective balances. I have tracked down the mfg. from info given to me by Peachtree. The balances would cost me $100 per window as of 2009. The other issue has been the plastic sash seals witch degrade and fail. Some of these windows only get opened or closed 2 or 3 times a year. The balances have small plastic pulleys (5) of them in each balance, the plastic appears to degrade and fall apart, evidently not a good grade of plastic as in nylon etc. once the pulley disintegrates, the balance cord binds on the rivet/axle of the pulley and eventually breaks make the window extremely hard to open and has to be supported with something so that it doesn't slame down. I would never recommend the Peachtree product to anyone. I think you would be better off to buy the cheap replacement windows and cut your losses.

• Dh
    Dhowell May 07, 2012

I have a Peach tree patio swinging door (citadel) I've owned them for 9 years, they were in the house when We bought our house. I have replaced the mortise lock system 4 or 5 times, the first time they sent the parts for free saying that they've had a lot of problems with the system and will replace the parts for free just pay for shipping & handling. That was the last time. I've replaced the lock-set and the aux. modules many times sense. I just cant afford to replace the whole door system ( stationary- active-stationary ) and a can't leave the door unusable for very long so I'm stuck repairing it.

John Killian Feb 29, 2012

I built my house and specified Peachtree windows and doors because of the warranty. Over the years I ordered and received several sashes under this warranty but now in 2012 I have been informed by Peachtree that the sashes are no longer manufactured and that the balances I need were sold to another company. The company also said that balances were a wear item and not covered anyway and that I could purchase them if needed. I have asked Peachtree to refund the original purchase price as stated in the warranty as an option instead of providing replacement parts. As of 2/28/2012 I have not received anything that I need or an answer as to how they can null and void a lifetime warranty . I do not know if it will help but we all need to notify the federal trade commission or any govt. agency that can help all the homeowners with their defective and shoddy products. John in South Carolina

Joe From Kewanee, Illinois May 30, 2011

PeachTree is the worst ever!! I have one of thier crap sliding patio doors... $1100!! Seemed like REAL quality untill the first snow, thaw then refreeze. The door tracks fill with water then freezre and the door wont open for days and weeks untill it thaws out again. Just terrible. Now we are having water betweeen the panes too! Arrggg! Looks just awful. We will be throwing that $1100 in the trash and paying for a new door and a contractor to install it. Just damn glad I didnt buy a house full of their windows, but, I did buy a house full of Gorrel windows... Yikes, stay away from them, the wind blows right thru them every winter. Sad that, that is the kind of quality that is now the standard in america.

• Bu
    Burrall Feb 24, 2011

The word Peachtree reminds us of how bad a company can be after the sale. Our tech repair person told us the company does not want to work on their own product any longer (probably to distance themselves from responsibility). The warranty is void if you put a screw into the product, for instance: mini blinds. We had a Citadel door with a 3 point latch and the repair person said: when they work they work great, but when they break it's a nightmare. It cost us $500 to repair this door. They ask for numerous photos and documentation but when showing a badly warped door and faulty plastic parts factory installed they deny responsiblity for the product. Your time will be wasted contacting them. Any store that sells their product should know this: they do not stand behind their product.

• Bu
    Burrall Feb 24, 2011

The word "Peachtree" reminds us of how bad a company can be after the sale. Our tech repair person told us the company does not want to work on their own product any longer (probably to distance themselves from responsibility). The warranty is void if you put a screw into the product, for instance: mini blinds. We had a Citadel door with a 3 point latch and the repair person said "when they work they work great, but when they break it's a nightmare". It cost us $500 to repair this door. They ask for numerous photos and documentation but when showing a badly warped door and faulty parts factory installed they deny responsiblity for the product. Your time will be wasted contacting them. Any store that sells their product should know this: they do not stand behind their product.

• Ro
    Robert Brotebeck Jan 18, 2011

I have Peachtree 500 series casement windows with transoms above in a customers house that are 7 years old. The jambs are rotting out by the weatherstripping. I noticed that the exterior aluminum cladding at the corners never were sealed at the factory. I think thats where they are leaking at.
    Any suggestions

• Un
    unhappy ws employee Jun 22, 2010

Call the owners and other top executives of Weather Shield and complain about being ripped off

Kevin Schield [protected]
    Mark Schield [protected]
    Chris Schield [protected]
    Jay Lodholz (director of service) [protected]
    John Anderson (national sales manager) [protected]
    Brandon Brunner (corporate counsel) [protected]
    Dean Reilly (service manager) [protected]
    Darla Weber (quality manager) ????????????
    Bob Eckert (director of customer service) [protected]
    Jeff KIBLER (marketing manager) [protected]
    Ron Modrzynski (door plant manager) [protected]
    Pat Henrichs (glass plant manager) [protected]

• Pe
    Peacelil Jan 22, 2010

My wife and I live in Tampa, Florida and we have a 1960’s solid brick ranch-style home with original single pane aluminum windows. We have made the decision to replace all these windows in our home (17 windows in all) and until a few minutes ago we were considering Peachtree double-hungs throughout the home after speaking with the salesperson from Lowes Home Improvement who carry the Peachtree line.

I can only say a heartfelt “Thank you” to whomever started this website... This morning over a cup of coffee I have just finished reading through all the horror stories on my computer about these windows and needless to say the prospect of buying Peachtree is now out the “window” so to speak (excuse the pun). I still like wood over vinyl but in hot and humid Florida - I’m unsure. Any advice would be very helpful right about now!! These websites are awesome!!!

• Ha
    Happygolucky2 Dec 31, 2009

All of my home's exterior doors are made by Peachtree. My builder chose them and they were installed when my home was built in 2001. There are 4 doors of assorted styles (french, entry, sidelights, integrated window). Within 2 years, all of my door weatherstripping was failing. Both the sidelights and integrated windows also failed within 2 years. Peachtree offered no warranty help or support and was rude in the process. Instead, I had my builder came back and they repaired the doors.

My experience is that Peachtree makes junk and they know it - that's why they don't stand behind their products. When I called them, I also called Anderson windows about 1 failing window. What a difference, they stood behind their product, were courteous and sent a replacement window that day.

Stay away from Peachtree!

• Jg
    jguerts Nov 05, 2009

Former Pachtree employee here so it take my opinion with a grain of salt either way. But they do suck. I worked for SNE which aquired Peachtree around the year 2000. At the time we knew Peachtree windows had a terrible reputation for customer service. Ours was not as bad, but with the merging of our company with Weathershield, worse days were coming. Many of you have brought up Lillian Johnson. I could tell you stories about this woman for days, but to put her into context, although she was our main Peachtree contact, we rarely (if ever) called her. She was as dishonest to co workers as she was to customers, but please don't blame her. This was a company wide problem. Everything there was "numbers". How many windows were pushed through the assembly lines on this shift? How can we cut down the MPO (minutes per opening)? Never worry about quality. Never worry about design. I worked in the field service department and needed to answer questions from both home owners and corporate. I once got slapped down by the head of our quality control department (Mr Tony Schmitt) for honestly answering a question asked of me (it was the CEO asking!)
    The problems most of you encountered took place during the building boom of the last decade. During that time, not only were we pushing things out the door, but builders were throwing homes together without regard to air or water infiltration issues.
    And so the calls started coming in. Here is where the real problems start. You call in for service which opens a claim (An SR) Each manager is judged by the number of open/closed SR's. So they love entering your information, then either denying it, or closing it with a phone call or letter. It looks good on paper and you can take your costs and divide them out further. Actually putting a live person into your home would cost the company and average of $400 or so (factoring in travel, wages, and other costs). So closing your claim as quickly as possible was what they desired. Whether or not you were satisfied was unimportant.
    There was a time it went so far in 2002 that the company even went so far as to put up a wall on the phone system. What would happen is you would call in for a claim..."press1 for this...press 2 for that" and eventually get kicked off automatically. That went over well (at least with the hired help).
    I've been to hundreds of cutomers homes over the years. In many cases, although I could do nothing to help, I knew they had a good arguement. The warranty was written in such a way to bind my hands as well. I feel for all of you who have made the mistake of buying their product, but other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I can't even give the name of an employee there to help you. There were some good managers who would try, John Schafer, Jeff Schnitzler, Gary Rainville, Joseph Dowden all come to mind, but there all gone now. My best piece of advice, stay away from Peachtree, Weathershield, Vetter, and Crestline.

• Hu
    huntingreen Sep 01, 2009

I have Peachtree windows and doors installed in 1993. They are rotting and I can't get Peachtree to do anything about it. I have all the paperwork where I purchased them and have sent it in as they requested. Continued emails to the company get no response. I NEVER will recomment Peachtree products to anyone or have them again.

• Ed
    Ed Danley Aug 16, 2009

I agree. I had the "opportunity" to contact them on 8/8/09. This is their response:

"Thank you for using the Peachtree Consumer Group email service.

Your request has been received and you will be contacted by a Customer Service Representative by telephone or email in less than 30 business days.

Thank you for your patience.

Peachtree Consumer Services"

30 days to respond to a simple email?

I'm replacing my patio door and the replacement won't be Peachtree.

Ed Danley
    Naperville IL

Rags722 Jun 18, 2009

I also have the dreaded 1987 era Peachtree junk in my home. After some 3 years and a number of failed balancers, I ren into a Peachtree rep at a local home improvement open house. We discussed the problem and I was advised to contact Peachtree and get scheduled for a full home balance spring replacement. That was performed, but with-in 3 years the problem was back. Peachtree then refused to make repairs as the windows had already been "fixed". OK, I accept they made a bad product some 20 years ago, and that can happen to any company. However, in my opinion, they never made a genuine attempt to correct the problem. I don't know what the "lifetime" of a window should be, but it would seem to me that as long as the glass is intact you should be able to purchase replacement parts to avoid replacing every window in the house every 20 years. So, in my opinion, their product is junk, their customer service sucks, their long term support of their product does not exist, and anyone that buys a Peachtree product better expect nothing but problems from them.
    I will NEVER consider a Peachtree product to be purchased for my home again.

Randy R May 20, 2009

My Citadel Sliding Patio door is 7 years old and is also junk. The fixed panel is saging outward at the bottom and is obviously rotted behind the trim work. I have had no response from my warranty claim to date.

RandyR in Grand Rapids MI.

• Ed
    Ed Ellsworth May 20, 2009

Yes, I can only confirm that Peachtree windows are total junk. I was so upset that I was considering creating a website like the one that linked me here - www.mypeachtreewindowssuck.com. I had a new home built and told the builder we just wanted a quality, middle-of-the-road window. Budget constraints prevented us from being able to go with a top-of-the line window but we definitely didn’t want to put in cheap ones. The builder recommended Peachtree so that is what we went with. What a mistake. I won’t go into details as it has all been said in previous postings. Too bad the first thing out of my mouth when someone asks about how we like our new home is “Peachtree windows suck!”….

• Gw
    gwynd1 Feb 19, 2009

NEVER BUY A PEACH TREE WINDOW!!!

I have to add my 2 cents worth. I to am a builder that built a house for my self 11 years ago and made the mistake of using Peachtree windows (34 of them). I have had nothing but trouble the past 7 years. Mostly moisture in between the panes. The first time I contacted them a sales rep came out and I had to replace 4 windows. I didn't have many problems. 2 years latter I had more problems and contacted the same Lillian Johnson who would not return emails etc. Finally after months I did receive replacement glass for 2 of the 3 windows. When questioned she said the 3rd window was not covered by the warrenty! ????? Now I have 2 additional windows with moisture between the panes. A terrible product, so bad
    I am considering replacing all of my windows. Do yourself a favor NEVER buy a Peachtree window!!!

• Br
    Brian Burns Dec 01, 2008

I have a Peachtree Avanti door which was installed in my new home in 1999. The wood has rotted and the transom window was replaced after only 3 years. The dealer I bought from will no longer handle Peachtree due to poor quality and service.

David Brinkoetter Dec 01, 2008

I have a home with 18 Peachtree Ariel casement windows. The sash weatherstripping has disintegrated from 20 years of "wear and tear". Mostly a bad design, because they failed to take into account ultraviolet degredation. At any rate, Peachtree will gladly sell me precut pieces which I will have to field trim to fit each window. This could cost me over $400.00. They buy this product precut from another manufacturer. Does anyone know who makes this for them. I need about 250 feet.

Marla KD Nov 20, 2008

This week we are discovering a HUGE problem with our Peachtree windows we installed 3-4 years ago. We first discovered that the trim around the windows was rotting. When we pulled it off we discovered that the plywood underneath was all rotting, and that rot went several feet below each window. After pulling off some siding and doing some testing we discovered that the windows THEMSELVES are leaking. This is starting to look like a huge project of having to replace many windows, in addition to plywood, siding, trim, etc. Has ANYONE gotten any resolution to their problems? Can anyone offer any advice?

• Gh
    G H Nov 04, 2008

PEACHTREE WINDOWS AND DOORS ALL STINK BIG TIME! I BUILT MY HOME IN 1991 USING ALL PEACHTREE DOORS AND WINDOWS AND WITHIN JUST A FEW SHORT MONTHS, STARTED HAVING PROBLEMS. THE WORST AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED IS THAT THIS FANTASTIC DOUBLE PANE, LOW E WINDOWS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY ALL LEAK AND GET STREAKS INSIDE THE TWO PANES OF GLASS. HOW WONDERFUL TO LOOK OUTSIDE ON A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY DAY AND SEE CRAPPY STREAKS AND SPOTS THAT YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT! I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT ALL OF THE THINGS WRONG WITH THESE DOORS AND WINDOWS, BUT I AM HERE FOR ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY...DO NOT BUY WINDOWS OR DOORS FROM PEACHTREE...THE PRODUCTS STINK AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOTHING BUT A JOKE. THEY SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS FOR ALL THE DAMAGE THEY HAVE DONE TO HARD WORKING PEOPLE. IF THERE IS A HELL, THEY WILL BE IN THE FRONT OF THE LINE.

• St
    Steve Cashman Aug 15, 2008

Did you folks purchase through a Peachtree showroom/dealer, or a "Big Box" ? Hmmm, it was all about your up-front cost?
    If you purchase a high end computer, or HiDef TV, will you expect Wal-Mart or Costco to be able to help after the sale?
    Geeee, it must be the mfg's fault. Not the part-timers you bought from.

Ralph Payne Jul 27, 2008

I agree with all complaints regarding Peachtree doors and windows. Peachtree does not manufacture quality doors nor windows.
    Ever try to replace a door sill on an entry door? DON"T! Their design is such that you cannot replace the sill. I received instructions from Peachtree on how to replace the sill only to find that after I have replaced my sill, I cannot open nor close the door without excessive force. I ended up cutting two of the four sweeps off the sill so I could close the door with excessive force. The sill still drags the door jam too much even with the door jam lowered as much as possible.
    The Preachtree doors are terrible. Peachtree is not a customer based company. They don't want to hear from consumers about problems. Don't call for help from Peachtree.

DAVE DONEGAN/BLUE HERON SERVIC Jul 22, 2008

HELLO,

I CAN DO REPAIRS OR GET MOST REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR YOUR PEACHTREE WINDOWS AND DOORS. I 'VE BEEN WORKING ON THEM SINCE 1994 AND CAN RESOLVE MOST PROBLEMS.
    I COVER CT. R.I., AND MA. AREAS BUT WILL TRAVEL FURTHER IF NEEDED.
    PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE

• Ri
    Richbaum Jun 26, 2017

@DAVE DONEGAN/BLUE HERON SERVIC are you still working on Peachtree double hung windows?
    I built my house in 1990. it's on Martha's Vineyard, Mass.
    [email protected]

Dave Donegan Sep 16, 2017

@Richbaum Hi, I am still trying to service the product lines when possible. I am very good at replacing the double-hung balances. Parts are somewhat limited to what PWD Service offers. If you need to contact me, my Email is [email protected]

• Br
    BRUCE KEIDEL Jul 22, 2008

I INSTALLED PEACHTREE WINDOWS IN A CUSTOM BUILT HOME IN 2005 AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH THEM.THE COMPANY THAT I BOUGHT THE WINDOWS FROM WENT OUT OF BUSINESS .I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF CONTACTING THE ATTORNEY GENERAL TO LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND HOPE OTHERS WILL.

Saved by your comments Jul 20, 2008

Thank you for your comments. We are shopping for a replacement, we work hard for our money and don't want to waste it. Thank you all again. We will not buy the Peachtree brand line. Thank You.

• St
    Stewie Jun 14, 2008

Peachtree has stopped making parts available from the factory [there is no more factory!!!]
    Found a web site that was most helpful in aquiring non- tilt balances for the Ariel Double Hung-
    pwdservice.net
    Prices are better than Peachtree's and the more you order the rate per balance goes down.
    Less expensive than replacing all the windows by far...
    They also have other parts for Peathree products.
    Good luck!!!

Rags722 Jun 12, 2008

Well, after reading this thread, I think potential buyers should know just what customer service means at peachtree. My home was built in 88 and has peachtree windows throughout. After about 3 years, we started noticing most of the windows were hard to open, and some had a nylon string that could be seen when the window was opened. After taking a few apart, we fount the springs were defective and had broken at the loop for the connection point. At that time, after a 3 month saga with paechtree they finally admitted there was a problem with the springs used about the time our windows were manufactured and sent a rep out to replace every spring in the house. Right after the tech left, we found 2 windows that would not move any more, and found evidence of broken brads through the plastic housing. Peachtree advised us they would get back to us, but were way behind on spring replacements and would have to order the parts needed. After about a year, we noticed a couple of windows were difficult to open and suspected broken springs again. When I called peachtree, I was advised they had already been repaired under the recall, and were now out of warranty. When I asked about the follow-up service call, they had no record of our complaint.
    At this point, some 17 years after the initial recall was performed, almost every window in the house has at least one broken spring. I'm sorry, but to me that is an unacceptable failure rate. I would advise anyone looking into using peachtree windows in their home to do themself a huge favor and use any other brand.

• Ju
    judi Jun 06, 2008

ordered a door and sidelite 3-29-08 and the date now is 6-6-08 still waiting . I've read the comments and am thinking I should get my money back. Let it be known that the check was cashed 4-2-08!!!