K-Designers / Judson Enterprises Logo

K-Designers / Judson Enterprises

Having problems with K-Designers / Judson Enterprises?

K-Designers / Judson Enterprises Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 728 3902 (Head Office)
+1 877 944 7283 (Sacramento Branch)
+1 801 973 9898 (Salt Lake City, Utah Branch)
+1 916 631 9556 (Sacramento Branch)
+1 800 529 3363 (Omaha, Nebraska Branch)
+1 402 339 4954 (Omaha, Nebraska Branch)
+1 800 530 5931 (Denver, Colorado Branch)
+1 303 231 0044 (Denver, Colorado Branch)
+1 800 305 6114 (Billings, Montana Branch)
+1 406 245 6766 (Billings, Montana Branch)
+1 800 528 7646 (Portland, Oregon Branch)
+1 503 200 1616 (Portland, Oregon Branch)
+1 800 530 5932 (Minneapolis, Minnesota Branch)
+1 952 894 3600 (Minneapolis, Minnesota Branch)
2440 Gold River Rd Ste № 100

Fax: +1 406 245 0953

Minneapolis, Minnesota Branch
3810 West Highway 13, Burnsville, MN 55337
Fax: +1 800 530 4653

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with K-Designers / Judson Enterprises Customer Service. Initial K-Designers / Judson Enterprises complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for K-Designers / Judson Enterprises above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about K-Designers / Judson Enterprises. Discuss the issues you have had with K-Designers / Judson Enterprises and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Aug 25, 2018

K-Designers / Judson Enterprises — windows and siding

Several years ago we had new siding and windows done. We were very unhappy with the performance of the...

Clarkston
Jan 12, 2018

K-Designers / Judson Enterprises — Product

On 12-20-2015 I ordered an American Dream walk-in tub to be installed in my bathroom along with a bathroom...

K-Designers — windows

Thus company sucks had windows put in and they leaked all winter and the screens that are supposed to be cat...

K Designers Vinyl Siding — Vinyl Siding Deceptive Sales Practices / Inferior Products

Stupidly, I filled out an online form to "receive a return call from the Alcoa Siding Warranty Specialist."...

k designers — sales presentation

This company came to our home at 6 pm to provide information about window replacement. This was the longest...

k designers — Scam Promise of &GoodJob&

I am a 43 year old professional male, i was contacted by K Designers after posting my resume on one of the...

K-DesignersInternet Information

I originally set up my interview with someone in the recruiting office that got my information from the internet. The individual I spoke with was extremely pleasant and informative about the opportunity, they told me that I was going to meet with Todd Nordrum, their Regional Manager. I was familiar with the business since I put myself through college selling vacuum cleaners for two years and then water softening systems for an additional three years. I have been contemplating getting back into in-home sales and looking for a company to grow with into a management position. I did my research on the internet and on Todd Nordrum, if I'm going to put my trust and faith into an individual I want to make sure I know who I'm working for. I found Mr. Nordrum to be very knowledgable about the industry, a roll-up your sleeves kind of guy who has built businesses from the ground up and shown others how to achieve higher positions within an organization. He didn't shy away from any of the tough questions or the crap that I found on the internet. I found K-Designers to be a long standing company with a focus on customer service and positive feedback from its sales staff. I'm not sure that K-Designers is a good fit for me at the moment, however I would have no problem working for a straight shooter like Todd Nordrum.

As a businessman/entrepreneur those of you that have to rely on a company to take care of you should refrain from posting disparaging comments about a company that creates an environment to earn an above average income. If you took the negative energy you wasted by posting ads on the internet and took control over your life and made results rather than excuses this world would be a much better place.

If your interested in a career opportunity judge it for what you see and experience, not what you read on the internet, K-Designers and Todd Nordrum are professional and committed to what they do. I'm not an advocate for K-Designers or a paid marketing representative, just a professional guy who hates to see those that create jobs and opportunities for people get stabbed in the back for their efforts.

K Designers windows — Broken windows

Contacted the K-Designers several time, and I was told that they would do their best to fix my windows. It...

K-Designers — whiners

I am really amazed at anyone who would come on here and complain about k-designers. If anyone reads thi...

k designershome remodeling

this website is for complaints only, but I have som epossitive feed back for this company. I used to work for K designers for over 4 months until I moved from that place, (relocated) I say it was one of the best complay I ever worked for. They always paid me well and they worked with customers good too. they dont cheat. that is proven because they will want you to sign the 100% satisfaction form then they will start the pmt. so after the job is done if the customer dont like the job in any way they dont have to sign the 100% saztisfaction form so that means they will not pay until they are 100% satisfied. how many companies you can find that dont take any money down untill the job is doen. so explains. there are some employees that either stole money or did something bad that is now fired they want to turn the company down, you cant satisfy all the employee because we as employee want a lot.

K-Designers - eShield — eShield

I’ve been a Costco member for over 20 years. I love Costco and have purchased from Costco.com as well...

k designersUS Rem0delers won't hide the reputation

Judson is about to be pwned hard.

Class action lawsuit for employees- get in line, kids.
      no, you can't treat your EMPLOYEES this way-

Those 2 cases are pending, but it doesn't look good for America's Dream products.

This case is done- they agree to change the sales presentation. It won't end well for K Designers-

Sorry, Larry, but it's time to take the money and run. Your style of business will soon die in the google world.
      About how you go to church and give money and stuff to it, I doubt that you truly tithe the boatloads of cash you have swindled for 32 years. Next time you are in church, pick up the Bible and look at these passages-
      Exodus 20:2–17
      Deuteronomy 5:6–21
      There is something about not bearing false witness in there, you might want to check it out before you next slap your own back about your salvation.

PS 1999 called, they want their website back

US Rem0delers won't hide the reputation

• It
          It's over, Johnny Dec 18, 2010

this is the employee class- action suit, sorry

• Ro
          Ron Huner Mar 24, 2011

I worked for KD for one week. After flying me to California and picking me up in a limo, I had to memorize scripts of how to make a customer think they are getting a promotional discount. It was so shady that I did not even run a single appointment and quit right away. They pay on a 1099 and have a couple favorites that they give the local appointment to and the rest of the sales staff has to drive 100s of miles. It is completely unethical the way they do business. There are others in the area that do a similar pitch: Budget Exteriors, Custom Remodelers, Sela, Champion, Russco, Advanced Window Concepts. They all have fake discount schemes including sign in the yard, friends and family, before and after pics, some rebate, 1st visit discount, and website discount. They are all fake to make you think you are getting a deal. Good Luck and go with a proven company that will be there after the sale, something always goes wrong at some time or another.

k designers — Intimidating pressured sales tactic

I was suckered into an appt by a K- Designers telemarketer. Thought what do I have to loose by just getting a...

K-Designers — E Shield

I just experienced a K-Designers sales presentation due to a response I made to Costco.com. I will say it wa...

K-Designers — Entire Company is a SCAM - Beware

Do NOT work for K-Designers. Do NOT buy from K-Designers... This is a TOTAL SCAM COMPANY... In 1995, I...

K-Designers — Dishonest Sales Approach - RipOff

I had K-Designers come to my home last year and the Marketing Directors (Salesmen) started with their pitch...

K Designers & Dan Drotts — Lies to employees & unethical emplyment

I have been recruited twice by K Designers. The way they reached me, was because I posted a resume on...

K-DesignersUnsolicited e-mails

How these folks got my number or my e-mail address is unknown, however they have called at least once a day for the last several weeks. That I can ignore but when I opened my e-mail today i had 136 e-mails from them. These emails were sent minutes apart, sometimes as many as 12 a minute. How can I get rid of these people?

sacman Apr 26, 2010

Google Lawsuits and complaints against k-designers. Most are found under judson enterprises lawsuits and complaints. Ref : Judson Enterprises, dba k-designers.

John in Salt Lake City Apr 28, 2010

They boast 110, 000 homes sold. Thats 110, 000 victims to their marketing fraud scam over paying for the products sold. Deceptive marketing, fraud, lies all in the name of profit. This needs to be on "Dateline" . Anyone know a good class action Attorney ?

normalguyinKC Sep 01, 2010

In 1995, I trained for a Marketing Director Position with K-Designers, Denver, Colorado. I worked for them for over 6 months and then worked for several other competitors who were doing the same 'Promotion' in the Denver, Colorado territory. I did the home improvement “Promotional Home” sales pitch for over 5 years and was considered one of the best in the Western States. My last year in business I grossed over $175, 000 in income (before taxes and expenses).

I am glad you are happy with the work that K-Designers did for you. I hope that if you live in your home for any length of time that your product has no problems. K-Designers does NOT warranty labor to fix their products after the sale. The lifetime warranty is only on the product. In addition, K-Designers is not known for great service after the sale. K-Designers is all about new SALES! There is NO profit in sending a repair crew to your home to fix potential problems especially if you live over 100 miles from their main location. K-Designers sub-contracts all of their work, so they would actually have to pay a crew to drive to your home and do the repair. I hardly think they would remain profitable if they actually spent money repairing the problems people can have with windows, siding and other home improvements.

Their sales pitch…. Well, K-Designers uses the oldest gimmick in the book. The movie 'Tin Man' accurately depicts this company. K-Designers approaches ALL homeowners with the same sales pitch... "We want to use your home for our promotion. If you agree to allow us to use your home to market our product, we have marketing dollars we will spend on your home. These marketing dollars will save you thousands of dollars if you do business with us TODAY, WHILE I AM HERE! (Not tomorrow, but NOW).

Sales representatives are called Marketing Directors. Why? So that you the prospective customer is under the impression, you are talking to someone in authority. You, the homeowner, actually think you are speaking with a Director of the Company, not a sales person. You think this Director has special powers and has this budget of money to spend on your home. You have to agree to allow K-Designers to put a sign in your yard, take before & after photos, write letters of reference and much more…. For each item you agree to, K-Designers or the manufacturer will spend marketing dollars (which do not exist) on your home to reduce your total cost. It’s truly amazing to see the cost of a siding project go from a whopping $25, 000 Retail cost, down to $14, 999. Because your home is special, and you LOVE the product, and you agree to help with marketing you will save thousands… but remember you must do this now, while the Marketing Director is in your home. He/she will tell you they are so busy they cannot come back. They are booked solid with interested people. They have more people interested in the ‘fake’ promotion, then they have money to spend.

The marketing directors are trained to take control of you and take you through a 10 step sales process which includes: 1) a warm up 2) an introduction to the promotion, 3) a review of the company K-Designers and their manufacture (was Revere or Alcoa), 4) a detailed review of the promotion (put up a sign in your yard, agree to write a letter, agree to before & after pictures, and more items if necessary), 5) product demonstration (you must LOVE the product), 6) measure, 7) do a pretty drawing of your home 8) do an ROI (return on investment)… “Does this make financial sense; can you afford to do this?” (for siding they show you the cost of painting, alleged energy savings, and alleged increase value to your home), 9) Negotiations (they want you to go very slow, go outside in between steps, and reduce the price slowly… each time getting you the prospect to say yes to another marketing activity, and 10) paperwork and wrap up.

The marketing director is trained to ask pivotal sales questions to you during the presentation. Examples… “Folks, this may or may not be for you… if it is not, please let me know…. Of course, your home would be prefect for our promotion, but I understand if this is not for you. I have many other people who I have on my schedule who are interested in the promotion. If you do not want to participate, we will shake hands and part friends”.

Before the sales person goes to measure, they are trained to ask another question…. “Folks, you love the product… Right? … and you agree to help me with the promotion, Right? (you say yes)… Well, I love your home and you qualify for the promotion. I would love to use your home to market our product in this area! Aside from money, is there any reason we cannot do business…. WHILE I AM HERE?”…. then they remain quiet. They have cornered you into making a decision while they are there. This is called a 1-call close, or a HARD SELL!!! If you are not a strong person or couple, you have no choice but to continue…. Else, you would be a liar. Good people don’t lie or change their minds.

However, the REALITY IS… this, it is all baloney, fake, made up. The PROMOTION is BOGUS. There are NO Marketing dollars. Yes, K-Designers will put a sign in your yard, and they will take before & after pictures. You will also write a letter of reference….. but guess what…. EVERY K-Designers customer DOES THE SAME THING. The sales pitch is the same for EVERY POTENTIAL CUSTOMER. You are not special. Again, You are not special. You are just another person/couple that K-Designer’s is pressuring into making a decision to buy siding - TODAY. If they did not have the “Promotional” lie, they would have no reason to get you to buy today!

K-Designers uses the ‘PROMOTION’ as an excuse for everything. Examples. If a husband and wife both own a home, and only the wife is present when the Marketing Director arrives for the appointment, he/she will not present to you, nor will they give you any prices. They are trained to say, that according to the “PROMOTION” all owners must be present. Another example. Say you want to think about the price overnight? The Marketing Director will say something like…. “I’m sorry Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but the ‘Promotion’ requires that you make a decision while I am here. If you are not interested in the ‘Promotion’, I need to release the funds for someone else. I have more people interested in the Promotional dollars (that do not exist), then I have money to spend. You understand, don’t you?” The MD’s use the “Promotion” as their excuse for many objections you the homeowners may have. Bottom line is you must decide while they are in your home or you will lose all of those bogus marketing dollars!

THE FEAR OF LOSS is what motivates people to buy siding while the marketing director is in their home. People are afraid that they will miss out on an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to save thousands. You feel special that your home has qualified for Revere or Alcoa to use their product on…. You qualify….

Who sets the price? Well, if you are a good sales person (Marketing Director) you can start your price anywhere you’d like. At the end of the day, you just have to cover the cost of the siding and the cost of the sub-contracted crew who will do the work (plus other expenses K-Designers charges the MD (sales rep) such as financing fees, etc. It is not uncommon for a Marketing Director to make $5, 000 commission on a standard 1-story, 3 bedroom home.

K-Designers brags about all the employees they have. The reality is this. All of K-Designers Marketing Directors are supposed to be 1099 Independent contractors. They have a constant stream of MD’s hoping they will get rich selling K-Designers products. The reality is most MD’s do not make it past 2 months. They realize that they may have to run 50 appointments a month to make 3-5 sales. They will drive hundreds of miles, spend many lonely nights in flea ridden run-down hotels, eat at truck stops and quick stop gas stations, be apart from their homes and families for 23 days each month, and many suffer from depression and / or alcoholism. There dream to get rich at K-Designers was a last ditch effort to survive. Many have exhausted all efforts to find a real sales job with a real company that actually pays you a base salary, pays your travel expenses, and provides full benefits.

K-Designers fully controls the lives of the MD’s but has no responsibility for the MD’s they hire…. They are in constant lawsuits with MD’s over taxes, control, and independent contractor status. VERY FEW sales people make it as long-term K-Designers sales reps (marketing directors). It is very sad to know how terribly K-Designer’s uses good sales people. They take advantage of these sales people, with dreams of wealth, then simply say ‘NEXT’ when the sales people can’t perform or complain about the constant travel. Additionally, if a sales rep sells anything his first month, it can take 3-6 moths to see the job ‘cash out’. If the sales rep priced the job right, he/she might get a check, but remember they are new and might under price the siding or forget some other important cost or fee… if they are lucky they might see real money in 3 months. K-Designers does allow new hires to ‘draw’ against future sales, but the draw is barely enough to run leads (it costs an average of $500 a week to run leads). The draw does not allow a sales rep to pay rent / mortgage, pay bills, or feed their family. Imagine the stress the new sales rep has…. New job, new company, no money until 3-6 months (if you sell something and price it right). Many MD’s end up quitting and or filing for bankruptcy.

Let’s continue to talk about all of K-designers hundreds/thousands of employees. When I worked for the organization, ALL of the siding and window installation crews were sub-contractors. Some of these crews were professional… they had trucks and equipment, but most were deadbeats. I had one crew show up to do a siding job… the person was so broke, and so behind in child support. that he was found camping beside a river in a tent at night. He even borrowed money from the homeowners so that he could eat. K-Designers did not have company employees for sales or installation….. It would be interesting to know how many ‘real’ employees were actually full-time K-Designer employees. Out of 9, 000 published employees, I would guess only 500 are actual employees.

Why does this matter? This is why. If a company is serious about hiring and keeping good sales and installation people, they will hire them as a full-time employee with full benefits (health, dental, insurance) and provide the employees vehicles and expense accounts. K-Designers has NO commitment to independent contractors. NONE. They pay no taxes and have no expenses on these people. All of ‘those’ people are disposable. No accountability. No Costs. K-Designers has NO commitment to having / keeping employees, why would they have any commitment to you as a prospective customer?

Do not work for K-Designers and please do not buy from this company. They do NOT have a unique product. They do not have a special Promotion. They take advantage of prospective customers. They take advantage of good sales people ~ independent contractors are NOT employees! They are focused on NEW SALES ONLY… they do not provide good service after the sale. Most importantly, the technique they use to sell their product is a lie. THE PROMOTION is a gimmick. You can find the same product, or better, by shopping around.

Larry Judson, CEO, should be ashamed of the lies he has perpetrated over the years while doing business. He has lied to thousands of customers and thousands of good sales reps (Marketing Directors a.k.a. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS). It is time to shut this company down. If you are in the market for windows or siding, please buy from a LOCAL company. A company you trust and that carries a good product and a warranty on both the product and labor (get references and talk to people who have done business with the company). Do business with a company that hires, trains and takes good care of its sales and installation crew. Larry and his crew are the [censor] of the earth. Mr. Judson, you will someday answer to the Man up above!

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is not true! Take care!

k designers — Fraud Alert

I started working for this company with the promise of a six figure income. Right! I am a seasoned...

K-Designers — Did not receive promised $250 gift card

I had a phone call from K-designers and was promised a $250 gift certificate if I agreed to let a...