Payless Car Rental / False advertising!

I made a reservation for a rental from Payless Car Rental in Orlando. I asked for a economy car. When I arrived I was offered a bit nicer car at a added cost. When I declined the increased price and asked for what I reserved, an economy car which they advertised as a Hyundai accent I was given a Large Nissan Titan gas hog. I asked for a small car for economy, ease of driving and yes price. The car I was offered for an increased fee was the closest thing to what I reserved and was available but not given. I voiced my dissatisfaction but was told that was it. Take it or leave it. 11pm on a rainy night in Orlando doesn't give much opportunity to walk away. The truck was not the only thing available. Small cars were sitting all over the lot. No where in their terms was anything mentioned about providing what ever they choose no matter what was reserved. The only mention is economy or SIMILAR. A big truck is not similar. It caused much worry and concern and difficulty as far as driving and parking not to mention over $40 more in fuel than the car I reserved would have used.

Ri

Comments

• Th
      27th of Mar, 2010

I have the same thing happen. Recommend other complain to the Better Business Burea, Florida Attorney General and the Orlando Internation Airport.