The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Passport / non-issue of passport

1 Luc, India Review updated:
Contact information:

It is to inform you that I ( Milap Chand Arya ) have applied for an passport at Lucknow office on 17th November ' 2007. as per the details available on the Passport office web site ( ), that the police report is not received from the police department till date .
You are therefore requested tolook into the matter personally and take the necessary action to get me issued the passport as early as possible.
Thanking You.

E-Mail Id:
Phone no. [protected], [protected]

Date :09/04/2008 Your's faithfully
( Milap Chand Arya )
187/23-A, Ambika Vihar, Ashiana, Sector-J

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Sh
      25th of Aug, 2007
    0 Votes

    I had applied for my passport through regional passport office gaziabad on 31st march 2006, till date I have not recived the passport, just because I dint oil the palms of the people designated to come for address verification.

    I want to know that when I have paid the required fee of Rs 1000/- in the passport office alongwith the required documents and also fulfilled all the neccessary conditions for the same, why am I required to pay any additional fees to the passport and police personnel coming for address verificaion?

    Is it that they are not paid by the government to do their jobs? Or they are living in miserable conditions that to earn their bread butter they are solely dependent on their black income?

    If the fees which they claim we have to pay , really has to be paid then why is is not mentioned on the passport form or any of the passport websites? How correct are they and our rules and regulations that on paying a fees of merely 200 - 300 bucks they are can show the residents status as "staying in the house for last 5 yrs", even if the resident is staying in that house only for 6 mths or less than a year.

    Contray to this , if the applicant is not paying them the "extra fees" , even if he is staying in a particular location for 1 year or more, his status is shown as negative.

    And all these things are happeing under the nose of our dear government. When the whole system is corrupted where will the common man go for his grieveince redressal?

    I want to know that who is the right person to complain to in this regard?

    shanti dahal

Post your comment