PartsTrain.com / Poor business practice

I ordered 3 parts for my pickup almost a month ago. I received the order but one of the parts was incorrect. The incorrect part had the correct part number on the package but was obviously mis-labeled. I called their customer service department several times and was told each time that my credit card would be credited with the amount of charges equivalent to this incorrect part. They didn't want the part to be shipped back because the cost of the part plus the shipping cost didn't warrant the return. In any case they said that I would be credited in 3-5 days. It hasn't happened. This company removes money from your credit card in one day but waits much longer to return it even if it their mistake. I believe this is a poor business practice. Also I believe that this company has a very poor customer service department. The people I talked to seemed to be very poorly informed and felt that they could make very few decisions on their own.

Ji

Comments

• Do
      29th of Nov, 2007

I have just had the same problem with Parts Train. They shipped me the wrong part, now they will not refund the shipping costs for me to return the part (after they said they would, and I shipped it). They are a poor excuse for a parts company and I would urge anyone not to do business with them.

• Al
      29th of Dec, 2007

I ordered chrome body parts that rusted within a week. The company refused to reimburse me

• Sm
      8th of Feb, 2008

I totally disagree... I never experience those complaints from this shop. I've been shopping with them for almost a year already. I think this is just an isolated case.

11th of Feb, 2008

Isolated case nothing... These guys are crooks... My advise is not to use them... They still ow me for a part I returned to them over a month ago... It was not a cheap part either... I just keep getting the run around...

11th of Feb, 2008

P.S. Just take a look at their Dismal BBB rating...

• Ka
      8th of Apr, 2008

Never had problems with partstrain.com. They have good customer service and fast delivery.

• Da
      9th of Apr, 2008

A must try online car shopping its http://www.partstrain.com, want to know why? It is because the parts (Subaru air filter) I bought from them was delivered on time and their transaction was fast that you don’t have to wait for how many minutes to answer your concerns unlike other online shopping company.

• Ke
      9th of Apr, 2008

Just yesterday I bought some parts for my truck, in fairness the call center they have are very accommodating and there delivery are very fast and accurate. I highly recommend this on line shop t others.

10th of Apr, 2008

I ordered my muffler and headlights from them, and they delivered it correctly and on time. So I guess I'm okay with their service. It might be that this is just an isolated case.

• Al
      14th of Apr, 2008

The worst customer service I have ever seen in my whole life. They are basically mocking their customer. They are even comfortable rebuking the customer. I asure you it wasnt an isolated insidance. I have talked at least 9-10 differant repressantatives (some from sales department) and almost all of them had terrible attitute. So far they are not helpful to tell me when I am going to receive my missing (unshippped) brake disk if I am ever going to receive it. I even proveded them the photo of the shipment proving that there was only 1 packet shipped (original plastic container for only 1 brake disk) when I tolled the customer representative it doesnt take long to charge my credit card but it takes too long to resolve the issue, he responded insolently and said you paid to Beck and Arnley (the Parts Manufacturer). I think it tells how they treat their customer and contduct their bussiness. Go check BBB.com and see how bad they are.

• Su
      16th of Apr, 2008

These guys in "customer service" are a joke. They laughed and bullied me about them shipping the wrong part...I talked to several people, and it only got worse...they wouldnt let me talk to a manager and either hung up on me or kept me on hold for a long periods of time. If you are wanting good service and the right parts for your car...dont use these guys.

• De
      20th of Apr, 2008

ANYONE!

I PLACED ORDER FROM THIS GUYS OR PARTSTRAIN FOR FIRST TIME. I HAVE TO SAY THEIR PRICE SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN OTHER ONLINE STORES OR PART SHOP. DON'T HAPPY YET, IF MOST OF YOU DON'T RUN INTO PROPLEM LIKE SHIPPED WRONG ITEM OR SHIPPING TAKE TOO LONG OR YOU CHANGE YOUR MINE AND RETURN IT. I RECOMMEND READ THEIR POLICY RETURN BEFORE YOU ARE BUY FROM THIS GUYS. I ORDER WHEEL BEARING FOR MY HONDA ACCORD 99. THE SHIPPING TOOK MORE THAN ONE WEEK, I CAN NOT DRIVING WITH BAD WHEELBEARING FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK WHILE WAITED FOR THE PART SHIPPING FROM THIS GUY, THEN I DECIED BUY PART AT NAPA AND RETURN THE ITEM TO THEIR WAREHOUSE. GUESS WHAT, THEY ARE TOOK YOU MONEY REALLY FAST BUT WHEN RETURN TOOK A MONTH REFUND. I DON'T KNOW IN MY CASE ARE THEY WILL REFUND TO ME OR NOT CAUSE I HAVE ONE MORE WEEK TO GO. I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS ONLINE STORE, BUT IF THEY ARE NOT REFUND OR CREDIT BACK TO ME, HERE THE TIP FOR EVERYONE, GET YOUR SHIPPING PROOF, CLAIM WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD BANK FOR THE NO CREDIT BACK FOR THE REFUND ITEM, AND SHOW YOUR BANK PROOF OF MAIL, THEN YOUR BANK OR CREDIT CARD COMPANY WILL CREDIT YOU BACK. SO MY RECOMMEND DON'T SHOP WITH THIS STORE EVEN NO MATTER HOW CHEAP IS THAT. LAST THING...REFUND TO ME OR YOU WILL BE IN TROUBLE..

22nd of Apr, 2008

this company is terrible. i began in march trying to get a refund on brake calipers. i could not get a straight answer from anyone. i had all of my information, tracking #s etc. and some lazy and/or lying person named MJ in customer service didnt and wouldnt do her job. wouldnt let me speak to a manager, told me i needed to speak to accounting but she couldnt transfer me and didnt know their extension. i have never had such an experience. today 4-22-08 i spoke with robert who told me i would have my refund within seven buisness days. (we will see) i believe PARTS TRAIN IS A CROOKED COMPANY WITH A BUNCH OF ILLITERATE PERSONS WORKING FOR THEM.L YOU CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!

9th of May, 2008
    www.partstrain.com - Horrible ordering policies
    PartsTrain.com
    17150 S. Margay Ave.
    Carson
    California
    Phone: 1-888-251-1214
    www.partstrain.com

Wouldn't remove two items from an order I submitted five minutes ago. They said my card had been charged and the order was submitted to the warehouse. Totally ridiculous. Just contact the warehouse and change the order! Watch out for these guys.

• Gr
      17th of Jun, 2008

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCAMMERS. They did the same thing to me, but claimed to have issued a credit to my credit card THAT I NO LONGER HAVE. They always tell you to contact us in 48 hours. When you do, you get the same response from the next customer service rep. This place is a boiler room operation that gets there parts from PAW, and resells them at a markup. Check for yoyurself. I am not going to let them get away with their scamming ways!

• Do
      19th of Jun, 2008

I have the total e-mail conference with them to 06-19-08 as of now. If you want the "conversation" please e-mail me and I will send it. Bottom line is they are the most appoligizing "###s" I have ever dealt with. dej1192@gmail.com

6th of Jul, 2008

They are horrible!! These are not isolated causes at all. I bought a part, it was the right one, it died, contacted parts train, they charged me for a NEW part, took a week to send return info to my email, got the "right" part 2 weeks later, it was compleatly wrong, contacted them again, they said "we will bill you for ANOTHER part and send it to you. just send back the wrong part". It has been a month since I have dealt with them, NO REFUND YET ON MY $500 worth of parts, NO REFUND YET ON MY $40 in shipping, and they just dont care!! I was on hold for over 25 mins before it transfered me to a voice machine(so much for fast customer service/24 hour service), called AGAIN, waited 18 more mins to deal with someone, and they didnt help at all, didnt transfer me to a supervisor, didnt answer questions, just beat around the bush and gave me BS answeres. DO NOT USE THEM AT ALL, CHEAP PARTS MEANS CHEAP CUSTOMER SERVICE/CRAPPY PARTS!!!

• St
      27th of Jul, 2008

partstrain dot com has both positive and negative feedback from multiple review web sites. The common element with the negative ratings is that people are trying to use the phone to talk to a web-based company! People, you are not paying for phone service and support! You order online, you get snail mail shipping times unless you pay otherwise, and you communicate by email. You do get what you pay for.

Apologies if this offends some having issues with this co. As many ebay sellers know, unrealistic expectations create unhappy customers. I am just out web-shopping and have not yet done any business with the company.

• Ki
      9th of Sep, 2008

Partstrain sucks! Stay away from them! They sent me the wrong part and now it has been over a month that I have been fighting for a refund...have spent hours on the phone and keep getting the run around. They will not let go of my money, even though they've had the part back for well over a month!

• Ha
      13th of Sep, 2008

I orderd one set of front floor mats online. The company headquarters was out of state, but I live in Tennessee. I was charged sales tax. Total order $79.98. When I call the help desk, they said the product was being shipped from a fullfillment house in Tennessee, and that is why they charged me sales tax. They offered me a discount on the floor mats to take care of the difference, and would reship the mats at the lower price. Total price $72.50. They said I could return the online order for a refund. Everything seemed okay at that point.

The two sets of mats were delivered. When I called about sending back the online order, they said I would have to pay a 10% restocking fee AND return postage, because I placed the order online. What a ripoff!!

They said I could return the $72.50 item, but it would take 2-3 weeks from the time they received it to get a refund on my credit card.

BUYER BEWARE ON ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY!! Terms are not properly disclosed