Panera Bread / I left hungry???

Elk River, MN, US Review updated:

Hello,
I've never done this before but I thought this needed to be shared.
So I met my adult daughter to have her birthday dinner.
So my first complaint was the size of the water glass. Now I get the idea that having the clear cup for water but I was given a cup smaller than the sippy cups used by my grandchildren. How many times do you think a person needs to get up to refill the glass to finish dinner? Please make the clear cups the same size as the soda cups for adults ordering...never seen anything like it!
Next complaint was my sandwich. I ordered the turkey cranberry flatbread. When I picked up my sandwich I had to open it up right away to see if there was turkey on it?? So after I picked up a big handful of spinach I saw 5 little half dollar sized peices of turkey and about 6 or 7 cranberries...what is this??? My daughter started laughing. The HALF sandwich I ordered cost $6.19 and all I could see were spinach and flatbread. Now, I don't know about you...but when I order a sandwich that has turkey listed as the first ingredient I expect to see and taste the turkey and the condiment of cranberry in this case, neither happened. I'm not a very large person (hence the half sandwich) but I love a great sandwich!
This was terrible...I just paid to have a bread sandwich? I thought about complaining right there but I don't like to make a scene and again, I have complained next to never! I've never seen anything like it?!?
I'm not sure if this is how the sandwich is expected to be made at all locations or if the kitchen had poorly trained staff?
I hadn't been to Panera for a while as I don't live near one and was excited. Wow...such a disappointment. $6.19 for a half sandwich and I couldn't taste it and it was all I ordered so I left hungry.

My daughter enjoyed her sandwich, but she said the size seems to be getting smaller and smaller yet more expensive. You should never leave hungry when paying for a meal.

Hoping this gets shared and changes are made.

I'll be back to try again...we love the bread and bagels.

Thanks,
Robin

Ro
Nov 28, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 28, 2017

The water cup is free as a courtesy to customers. If you wish to receive a larger cup then you have the option to purchase a drink. I would not be surprised if free water in the food service industry eventually goes away all together. You may want to appreciate that it's offered at all.