Panera Bread / customer service that I received

1 Hicksville, NY, United States

To Whom it may concern, On the morning of May 6, 2018. I tried to call Panera Bread at 10:50AM. I was aware that breakfast was served till 11:00am only. Hence, I wanted to place an order over the phone to pickup. (I was not going to make it there physically by 11:00AM) First attempt- No answer Second attempt- The call was answered and I was asked to hold. I was on hold for about 10 mins and no one took my order. I hung up and called back. Third attempt- Hallelujah! My call was answered and I was actually talking to someone who took my order. Now, instead of placing the order in the system, the rep wrote my order on a piece of paper, I was told it should be okay to pick up in next 15 minutes. I go to Panera at around 11:35AM and guess what? My order was sitting on the counter on a piece of paper. I hope at this point you can imagine the level of my frustration. I ask for the manager she comes in. Her name is Danielle. I look at my watch and its 11:37AM. Upon explaining the entire situation, this was her response. "I apologize. in the future you can place the order online to avoid any issues" 1. I did not want the customer service mistake to be covered that way. 2. I do not want to place an order online and pay with my card because of the recent data breach of Panera. My order had regular cream cheese, which they were out of. Instead of informing me she goes you want butter or cream cheese? My response, "Isnt it there in the order?" Danielle : "It is but we are out of it?" Why are you playing around with a frustrated customer. Now, to make it worse, I asked for chips with my "You pick 2" order and I was given bread. upon calling back, Danielle goes, I asked and you confirmed. How come I am unaware of confirming to the bread when I knew I wanted chips? It doesn't make any difference if my meal was prepared by a cook or the manager. After all this and an hour, my order was still not fulfilled as placed. On top of that manager's facial was more aggravated then mine. WHY?

Sh