Panera Bread Company / lying to employees

1 Coral Springs, FL, United States

After working for Panera as a Baker for over a year, I realized that the company was not what I wanted as a long lasting career. The company has the potential to be great, but the lying, cost cutting and treatment of their employees was unforgivable. The treatment of women in this company especially was appalling. And I'm a Man! After going through over 15 bakers, which many of them quit after completing their so called 6 week training period, and 4 to 5 bakery managers, who are really hired just to put out fires every night, I decided to give them a 3 1/2 week notice. They were gracious and asked if I would give them 1 more week because they had nobody to replace me. I agreed if they would at least pay me the vacation time I had accrued. They agreed, and I worked out my end of the bargain. Not only that, but trained my replacement. Make a long story short, they lied to me about a raise to keep me there and I never got my vacation I deserved. Please beware, they don't have long even in this economy.

Ba