Panda Express / unlawful and rude employer

My name is Melissa and I am 17. I'm currently employed by Panda Express and they treat me worse than other employees. I live in Redding, California and They all treat me very pourly. They get mad at me at every little thing i do wrong without having much training. Also my drawer came up short so the superviser told me i had to give her $20 dollars right there and then. Later i proved that the drawer wasn't really short and that it is illigal for them to make you pay for a short drawer. They're supposed to just write you up which they also did. I feel like they're also disciminating me when even i make a misake they'll just stand there speaking in spanish and i know they'er talking about me. I really does offend me greatly. I'm trying to quit right now but idk how. I'm tired of being treated like that and being talked about behind my back. If someone can help me figure out how to quit i'd be super happy. I'm done feeling miserable and just want to be happy and have fun again. Thank you.

Comments

• Ki
      May 30, 2010

Uhm, quitting is easy. You can give them 2 weeks notice, in an effort to get some kind of a decent review from them for a new job, or you can walk up to the manager and tell him you quit.

Then walk out the door. Pretty easy.

• Di
      Jun 24, 2010

To the business owner: ErinSandler is an individual who has set out to cause damage to businesses listed on here. Her (or his) sole purpose is to cause damage. I am in discussion with the law firm of Starrs Mihm, LLP to bring extortion and defamation charges against Complaints Board. In that process, we can subpoena records relating to the IP address of "ErinSandler" consequently, this sewer rat will be made public. If you would like to join me, please send an email to [protected]@gmail.com (designated for this website), and I will have my attorney's contact you. I have the wherewithal and vigor to stop this.

• Ki
      Jun 24, 2010

dirdeedeez... why would you seek legal counsel for a message board poster who was trying to help the original poster with their problem? And (s)he didn't say anything derogatory towards Panda Express. I don't get it.

• Vi
      Jul 28, 2010

i hate panda express!!!

• Ge
      Dec 04, 2010

Simple. You either give them your two weeks notice or simply don't show up. I've been treated (and still am) unjustly by my manager and Am on the verge of quitting myself.

• Cl
      Jan 17, 2011

I'm with you, but quitting is not the solution or running away from something that you can prove this people that you can do a "good job" and don't pay attention when they talk in their language. You are smart enough to see what is going on, so please don't let this people get in to you. If you know your responsibilities and you know that you are doing the right thing you are in a good position. But you have to respond to them nicely and not showing them that they are getting in you nerve. Show them you are a good working hard person and think before you say something, because the people you are dealing with is have little education or just using their position without understanding what their job is suppose to be. Take Care and Keep smile in your face and show them that you care and you like what your doing...think positive when you are working and sing when you can!

• Al
      May 10, 2011

I worker for panda too. i HATE IT!!! i wanna quit so bad. all i do is mop and sweep and the dishes. i know its a job but my co workers are also rude. one guy started 2 weeks before me and he yells at me if im too slow when the rush hour comes thru. i was like 2 seconds away from saying i quit. but i think im gonna quit anyways and find a better job. i have a certificate in secretary so il be looking for an office job which is waaayyy better than panda think.

• Me
      Sep 15, 2011

dont quit girl thats the worse thing u could do...i work at panda too n i know how horrible it can b but also work the situation to your advantage dont quit start working extra slow and or sloopy but dont stop doing your job eventually your GM will have to fire you and to your advantage you can apply for unemployment if they cut your hours you can apply for parcial unemployment that PANDA pays for...I agree PANDA is a horrible place my friend got denied a promotion 3 times 2 times for being pregnant and once for being TOO FAT they said she wasnt living the "panda way" aka: healthty life style!!! who are they to judge!!! i dint realize they were doctors to acuse her of being unhealthty!!!...in addition i heard the MUM (district manager) ask my GM why she hired so many FAT WOMEN??? he stated that panda customer came more often if they saw pretty associates!!! WTF??? are thet selling us like were just a peice of meat!!!

Dec 20, 2011

I have been working at a panda express since August 2011 and I have also been treated like complete ###. I was poorly trained and only worked 6 hours a week (not my choice) since I first started. This caused me to not have as much time to learn all the different parts of the job as quickly because I wouldn't be able to remember what I was doing since I only worked 3 hour shifts on Wed and Fri! Whenever I worked the manager wouldn't be at the store and I would work with a coworker who has been there for a year. I found her very unprofessional. An example of this is I asked her which button was for the military discount and she yelled at me in front of the customers saying "you were already taught to do this" when I wasn't. Im also constantly criticized for things that I do correctly...on things like taking out the trash. A simple task that anyone can do...but I am blamed for apparently not double nagging the trash can. The treatment from my coworker is so bad that each time I have to work I feel sick to my stomach. I would turn to my manager but she would do nothing as she has seen the co worker yell at blaming me for things I didn't do but sided with her. I would advise people not to work her. Panda express tries to put on a fake demeanor that they are a big happy family when really it's just the manager and the manager's favorites dictating everyone what to do. Yes at the job you get paid above minimum wage but that does not give them a reason to be unprofessional bullies to the people they do not favor.

• Ot
      Nov 09, 2013

i was hired at the panda express and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Yes, there were some very nice people that worked with me but some of the managers were so incredibly rude and disrespectful. The first day i was barely trained and was thrown into serving people without knowing the food names or codes or anything. whenever i would ask for clarification they would say "what do you think?" "you should know this" "how long will it take you to get this?" after just one day. on my second say it felt like constant abuse with one manager hovering behind me saying nasty comments about what im doing wrong. it felt as if she was a human form of my insecurities and i was on the verge of tears, but of course she would say, "smile more, your supposed to look like ur having fun" long story short, i quit after working two days because it was not for me. if ur good at putting on a happy front and dealing with emotional abuse then this place is great for you.

• Ev
      Dec 20, 2016

My new manager is so rude. I am working in panda from four months. I am happy with the working environment .my coworkers are good and helpful. Everybody is satisfied with my job. I thinks that's why I got full time work. Actually I am new in USA. And I can't speak English fluently. But I can take costomer and register very well. My new manager used to my hood coworker. But from day she was manger she is completely changed. She became very rude in every ways. But I didn't mind at all. But yesterday may be my worst day . I worked with her at front . She was taking the costomers and I was in the register. It was very busy . And my general maneger was in his break . I was hurry to go for restroom but it was busy so I thought we should finish the line. After 20 minutes it was slow, and pick out the aprons and ask my maneger to go wash room .. I told it just takes a minute. But she didn't let me go. She told me I can use bathroom only in my brektime. I was shocked coz nobody treat me like this before. Again there was long line. I wear the apron n took the costomer. I was so much hurry. Seriously I can't explain how was feeling. I was sweating but I need smile on my face for the costomer. My stomach was swelling. And again I beg for a minute bathroom break and told her I am dying, she could use my register for a moment but again she didn't allow. She told me nobody in register I can't leave there . Oh God it never happens me before. While she was taking costomer I just ran from there even she couldn't notice me . After sometime I went to register and again take the costomer. My eyes were full of tears. But I couldn't cry . My legs were shaking. I want ed to quit my job from that moment. But I am nt sure is this my good decision or not coz I don't want to affect my healt like this . Seriously from that yesterday incident still my eyes are full of tears. I have nobody to tell about that incident. Coz I am alone in this country. I don't know I should write this or not but I did. I am not good in English language but I tried to share my bad exprence in panda may b my bad exprence of life. Still I am confuse I should quit my job or not. Coz today is my off and from tomorrow I need to she her face again.