Overstock.com / rip off and sadistic customer service!

United States Review updated:

Overstock.com offered me a 5% off, on the page I was ordering from, said it would apply at check-out - it didn't. I did a live-chat, which lasted 25 mins. - for $1.32 - I offered to send them a copy of the page - 'Brett' should be fired for keeping me in a chat so long just to tell me 'sorry, can't give you the $1.32, 5% discount', I have spent a couple of thousand $ - and that's how they treat me? That was the last straw - they have disappointed me before.
Va

Comments

Pe
  12th of Jan, 2008
I ordered item # 10580176 - "Glass Top Desk with Side Magazine Rack" from OVERSTOCK.com . The item came with many paint drips on the fake wood looking veneer, many holes in the metal and wood were not properly drilled or drilled at all and the customer service response I got when I called to get assistance was awful. The directions were terrible and uninformative! Based on the poor quality and lack of skilled customer service, I would not buy from them again. I paid $189.00 for this desk and realistically speaking, it is an $80.00 - $100.00 value. Poor value, super POOR Quality and poor response to the low quality construction have me saying - buyer beware - I do not trust OVERSTOCK.com. I also bought sheets from them two weeks prior and they were spotted with pink faulty dye spots. Overstock.com has been a terrible shopping experience for me from start to finish an I feel the value and quality of their products is extremely poor.
Ke
  9th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I placed a holiday order and paid through PayPal. Overstock immediately canceled my order and would not explain why. I did live chat with a customer rep and he claimed PayPal probably closed my account and I should call them. Meanwhile, I got an email from customer support stating that indeed PayPal had canceled the order and they weren't responsible for what another company does. So I called PayPal and they checked and found that Overstock canceled the order and did not give a reason why. I was assured by PayPal that my acount (which I've had a decade) is in good standing and not closed. I had always heard that Overstock is fine until you have a problem and then customer service disappears instantly. Now I know that this is true and that Overstock customer reps will not hesitate to lie to customers and pass the blame onto innocent parties. This disgusts me and I told Overstock so. I no longer plan to spend any money at all with them. There are too many great websites where I can purchase and get much better customer service. Buyers be warned: I will now heed the warnings of others that Overstock is not to be trusted. Others told me they had been burned, but I chose to rely on my experiences. Now I know. If I had read between the lines of reviews on Overstock, I would have realized that something wasn't right. So many reviewers stated they received damaged merchandise but would just keep it. This made no sense to me. I thought Overstock had a great return policy, but now I see that Overstock has one policy only: Looking out for themselves!
Ov
  1st of Sep, 2010
This is the [censor] to do business with. I am an affiliated partner with Overstock. They just scam you big time each and every step. They use scary tactics that don't work!!

I would urge all the overstock affiliates pull out from this company full of dumb head [censor].

Do NOT ever shop on their mediocre web site. You will never get good deals from these @$$#@les. They always cheat you on returns.

If they can scam SEC and the shareholders, why not you?
Ph
  29th of Sep, 2010
i will never shop there again i purchase a refurbish computer and not even a week it was acting crazyy had a mind of it own screen was blacking out ...i purchase the insurance but they kept telling me to call this person and that person ...and they finally agree to send someone out to look at the computer it been over a year and no one still aint come i purchase a new computer and will NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN

Overstock.com Logo Overstock.com