Ortho Mattress / Ortho Mattress won't honor comfort warranty

Ortho Mattress - www.orthomattress.com

We purchased an expensive mattress from Ortho only to have to replace it a year later because it was defective. They exchanged it and the mattress they replaced it with is not as comfortable as the one we had. We called within the required warranty period to have it replaced on a comfort claim. The gave us the run around for over a month and finally my husband talked to Terry who made an offer. He was upset and told he would call back to let her know. She said okay, and when he called back she refused to honor the offer she had made. Now they won't even discuss the issue. They just say we don't do comfort exchanges for this issue.

Va

Comments

• Mc
      12th of Aug, 2008

Recently I ran into a jam about furnishing for my child about to begin college. At the last moment we needed to accquire bedding for his new college dorm. Since I can remember my parents and now my family have accquire Ortho Mattress and have been so satsified.

I went to your La Cienga and Melrose location and accquire bedding costing near $900.00. I firmly requested that the bed be delivered on Monday, before noon, I was assured this would happen. Monday came and the delivery people explained that was not possible. My son, has since began a sporting camp with his university and is not able to recieve the bedding. I entered the store on Monday and explained the situation. I told your associate that he would come into the store when he returns and accquire another bed of his choice when he returns. I was told that the money would be returned to my card in 10 - 15 minutes. I requested a fax copy of this efforts and was shooed from the store at that time, promisingit would come. Later that day, when it did not arrive, I contacted the phone by telephone and requested the status of the return and fax. I was then told that what i was promised would not happen and it would take 10 - 15 business days for this transaction to be credited to my account. This really sucks. I am aware of returns to credit cards, and the standard is 5 days. I was so alarmed by the dishonest practice that i have contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges. I have alerted the BBB, and contacted my family and asked them to take this information in hand when considering a purchase location. I would like to think this is one associate with bad information and a lack of customer service efforts. I have sent a copy of this email to your CEO. I would like a response and how you intend to make this right. My son is without a bed and wanted to return to this location on Thursday. You policy have made this impossible.

• Di
      13th of Nov, 2010

I have the same experience; I bought 2 mattresses from ortho mattress and paid $2348.98 with tax. One was a Full size that was firm and their cheapest for 459.99 but this was just going to my spare bedroom. The one we sleep in was 1699.99 and it was an M-900 Ortho Tempered Visco Matt-Queen. What was delivered was a Model 085; prototype ID:91 Visco Elastic Polyurethene Foam Pad 66%; the salesperson states it was the same mattress. I have many sleepless nights since we change to this mattress. We have called them multiple times and they claimed that there is a break in time up to three months and it has been 3 months now and it was still the same. My latest communication with them was this week and they stated that I need to pay an additional 399.99 dollars for a comfort exchange which I told them no way. I ask for their manager or president and this person said that she cannot give it to me. I told them that they are giving the run around and will find a way to expose them.

• Di
      13th of Nov, 2010

See comment above

• Sl
      11th of Sep, 2013

My husband and I purchased an Ortho Mattress Avant 10 Queen Mattress from the Ontario, CA store. When we were in the store my husband laid down on the bed for a long time. I talked to Todd about what deal he could get us on the box spring, rails, mattress cover and mattress. I told him I didn't care for the pillows. From a Labor Day sale price of $1799, he brought it down to $1500. He said he would throw in the box spring, rails, and mattress cover for free. My husband and I accepted. My husband told us that he really liked the pillows and asked how much they were. Todd started at like $90 and my husband worked him down to $60. We signed the invoice. My husband asked for his pillows. Todd handed him some new pillow in a bag. My husband said he wanted to check them out. As soon as he touched them he said they were different. He took them out and asked Todd to compair. Todd said they were the same. My husband insisted that they weren't Todd said it is the same. My husband said he no longer wanted them. Todd said he could take the floor model pillows. The day after I noticed an add that said, Ortho Mattress Labor Day sale: no tax or free pillows. We were charged both Tax and for the pillows. On the day of delivery my husband touched the mattress and told the delivery guys that this was not the same mattress that he laid in at the store. The delivery guys told him that he needed to contact the store, but that it was usually for it to feel different at first. We laid in it for a week and couldn't sleep any night. We kept on waiking up. Got up feeling soare and tired every night. We walked into the store to complain. Todd told us not to worry that he would call me on Monday after speaking with customer service. No call on Moday. I called customer service and was given the run around. Told I was gonna be charged this and that. I am trying to schedule for a mattress inspector to come into my home and inspect the mattress and the one in the store. Any advice?