O'Reilly Auto Parts / buyer beware

Would'nt honor lifetime warranty on brake pads. Said they only covered them for factory defects.Did'nt say that when they sold them to us.Implied that lifetime pads were a better buy than 1 yr pads because of not having to purchase pads again. Also would'nt honor warranty on rotors.Very rude people in the store. Went to Auto-Zone and bought new parts. Buyer beware!!!

Na

Comments

• Sh
      2nd of May, 2011

It does depend which pads you bought. There are limitations on some of the lifetime warrany pads based on the manufacturer, not the store.However, it is the fault of the employee for not being knowledgeable on the certain pads while they were stressing the "lifetime" warranty. Also, on all Lifetime pads wherever you purchase them, they also carry the unwritten note attached that if your pads went bad to the calipers being at fault, nobody will warranty them out either. Just a little FYI. Also, from previous experiences, if you read the back of your O'Reilly receipt it does have explanations about warranty, refunds etc, just so you know.

• Ce
      23rd of Jun, 2011

They sold me the wrong fluid and destroyed my steering system. Now I cant do my job or pay my mortgage. Funny thing is your heading---Pat Santon their district m manager at 360-261-2199 said QUOTE "Its a BUYER BEWARE thing" Their customer service said I should have known if the product was correct and not taken the word of an employee. NICE! So I guess their policy is really BUYER BEWARE.